Re: Local Area Reports #14 : Long Island

Reaction score

jedichicken said:
AnthonyP said:
jedichicken said:
Yeah, I stay away from any older women too. They never want to help. I'll usually go to someone working in the half of the store where the stockroom is, so this way it's not much of a walk for them. If they pull out the case and there isn't anything I want, I'll usually pull a random figure out anyway so it seems like they've helped me out. I'll then put the figure back on the shelf while they're not around. I always thank them a lot and act very appreciative, this way if I run into them again they'll help me.
That's exactly what I do too!
I also have my look of death
If all else fails, that usually works
You also have the look of death to make your figures stay standing too!

Reaction score

Yep, being very thankful can go a long way in future visits.

Reaction score

Nope. Finally found a Yularen with a good card, an SBD, and an ARF trooper. Still looking for Jawas, Mace, & the waves after that. Medford Target seems to be the only one readily stocking new stuff.

Reaction score

Darth_Lynch said:
Nope. Finally found a Yularen with a good card, an SBD, and an ARF trooper. Still looking for Jawas, Mace, & the waves after that. Medford Target seems to be the only one readily stocking new stuff.
I'll have to check them out tonight then!

Reaction score

I need Cad Bane too guys!

Well, this week has been a busy week! Saturday, my son Noah turned 5. We had a huge party here at my house. He got some cool toys... Transformers Fast Action Battlers Sideswipe & Skids and Animated Bumper Battlers Jazz. From Star Wars he got a purple lightsaber and the Galactic Heroes X-Wing (which is very cool). That was it for toys because he's already hooked up with everything else, lol.

I have found a lot of stuff this week too... bought a case worth of the new CW figs already (Mace, Gree, Loathsome, Jawas, Commando, ARF, etc). FINALLY found Transformers Animated Activators Cliffjumper (at Kohls of all places) and a Human Alliance Sideswipe at Bayshore TRU last night (Buff, move your [censored], they had more cases in the back, tell them you want the silver one). And lastly my SDCC Soundwave arrived today, not gonna open, great display piece right in the box. AND - Monday, AP - U know man - Tri-Klops!

My wallet needs a break!

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:

Well, this week has been a busy week! Saturday, my son Noah turned 5. We had a huge party here at my house. He got some cool toys... Transformers Fast Action Battlers Sideswipe & Skids and Animated Bumper Battlers Jazz. From Star Wars he got a purple lightsaber and the Galactic Heroes X-Wing (which is very cool). That was it for toys because he's already hooked up with everything else, lol.

I have found a lot of stuff this week too... bought a case worth of the new CW figs already (Mace, Gree, Loathsome, Jawas, Commando, ARF, etc). FINALLY found Transformers Animated Activators Cliffjumper (at Kohls of all places) and a Human Alliance Sideswipe at Bayshore TRU last night (Buff, move your [censored], they had more cases in the back, tell them you want the silver one). And lastly my SDCC Soundwave arrived today, not gonna open, great display piece right in the box. AND - Monday, AP - U know man - Tri-Klops!

My wallet needs a break!
I'm hoping for the Purple Spell Stone with He-Ro!

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:

My wallet needs a break!
This reminded me to shamelessly plug...I'm now bartending for private parties in addition to my 9-5 job in order to pay my mortgage w/o selling my SW toys! SO if you guys ever need a bartender let me know....I'm cheap, make kick-[censored] drinks, and can talk SW all night to anyobne willing to listen! lol

Reaction score

wookieeboy said:
I'm now bartending for private parties in addition to my 9-5 job in order to pay my mortgage w/o selling my SW toys! SO if you guys ever need a bartender let me know....I'm cheap, make kick-[censored] drinks, and can talk SW all night to anyobne willing to listen! lol
Now that's dedication! I'd rather live on the streets than sell my SW stuff.

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
wookieeboy said:
I'm now bartending for private parties in addition to my 9-5 job in order to pay my mortgage w/o selling my SW toys! SO if you guys ever need a bartender let me know....I'm cheap, make kick-[censored] drinks, and can talk SW all night to anyobne willing to listen! lol
Now that's dedication! I'd rather live on the streets than sell my SW stuff.
I wouldn't...so hire me if you ever need a bartender lol...not sure if I'm allowed to post my site here so I won't

Reaction score

Im telling you guys, you dont need to collect everything hasbro releases! skip the clone wars line!

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
Im telling you guys, you dont need to collect everything hasbro releases! skip the clone wars line!
I've actually finally decided to be more selective with what I buy now, especially with the CW line. But everything coming up from Legacy looks great.

Reaction score

Just got the Turbo Tank at Target Levittown, also, the hasbro insight book arrived today a lot thinner than I thought and it's a paperback, haven't looked inside yet.
I agree w/ FB - am not doing CW, but I did grab the Jawas- they are too cool, and I will get Cad and Loathsome if I come across them.

Reaction score

Na, I love the Clone Wars line. It is what is keeping SW fresh for me.

Reaction score

any see the TRU Marvel Universe exclusives? Im in need of a Spider man set. Any Help would be great

Reaction score

jschadt said:
any see the TRU Marvel Universe exclusives? Im in need of a Spider man set. Any Help would be great
Hey! Haven't seen you around the boards in a while! How ya been?

Don't worry, I'm on the look-out!

Reaction score

jschadt said:
I got 1 at Holbrook TRU last week, but as of today they just have the 3pk with Yellow Daredevil and White Surfer.

I agree with Darthbuff, Clone Wars is keeping it interesting. Though I am looking forward to all the Legacy and comic packs too.

Reaction score

Ive been good anthony, crazy with work, but good- if you see the spidey set grab it, or stas it....Thanks.. found a Cad bane in Commack Target today as well...

Reaction score

Hey fella's BayshoreTRU has about 8 or10 Commander Ponds as of 8pm Friday night.

Reaction score

Still looking for a few Commado Droids. If you guys see them, hide them for me . Thanks

Reaction score

stopped by TRU Carle place and saw the exclusive clone (lots of them) and the new battle packs. didn't buy anything

Reaction score

clone wars ambush on vulture's claw and clone pilots

Reaction score

miscus555 said:
clone wars ambush on vulture's claw and clone pilots
Thanks for that info! So they're out? I haven't heard of anyone finding these yet.

I think I'll just be buying Gha Nackt here in the classifieds, though.

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
Hey fella's BayshoreTRU has about 8 or10 Commander Ponds as of 8pm Friday night.
Thanks Darthbuff I went there and picked up 1 for me and 1 a for Anthony today. Also got a CW Gree at Bayshore Target. They had Mace Windu but I left him because he's coming in a battlepack soon. They also had Yularen, Jawas, and the ARF trooper.

Reaction score

jedichicken said:
DarthBuff said:
Thanks Darthbuff I went there and picked up 1 for me and 1 a for Anthony today. Also got a CW Gree at Bayshore Target. They had Mace Windu but I left him because he's coming in a battlepack soon. They also had Yularen, Jawas, and the ARF trooper.
You're the man!

Reaction score

thanks to a call from Sith Darth Rage, I scored the new Darktrooper BAD packs from WM. Go get em! ($17 ea = ouch)