Re: Local Area Reports #14 : Long Island

Reaction score

Hasbrotoyshop had there exclusives up. I got Soundwave and Luke, but the Invaders set and Destro sold out of my cart while I was paying.

Reaction score

I just ordered Soundwave too! AP - which CW wave did you see? 1 or 2? I only saw Grievous from w1 and all of w2 that time last week.

Reaction score

Went back to Hasbrotoyshop and they put up more Destros and Invaders, so I got them.

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:
I just ordered Soundwave too! AP - which CW wave did you see? 1 or 2? I only saw Grievous from w1 and all of w2 that time last week.
The wave with Yoda, the droid, Commando Droid, and Yularen.

Reaction score

Just ordered smiling luke, the insight book and - they have tfu commander back in stock right now. Thanks, jedichicken, I used the STARWARS10, 10% coupon and saved the tax, basically. Soundwave looks awesome but once I start down the transformers road, I know I'll be in trouble.

Reaction score

winstonwolf said:
Soundwave looks awesome but once I start down the transformers road, I know I'll be in trouble.
Ain't that the truth! All was going according to plan for me. I actually stopped with the TFs for a while until the Animated series came out. And the Classics series. And the Alternators. Now it's Human Alliance! At least now I open them so the packaging is almost nonexistant.

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:
winstonwolf said:
Soundwave looks awesome but once I start down the transformers road, I know I'll be in trouble.
Ain't that the truth! All was going according to plan for me. I actually stopped with the TFs for a while until the Animated series came out. And the Classics series. And the Alternators. Now it's Human Alliance! At least now I open them so the packaging is almost nonexistant.
Did you go to Medford Target to pick up the CW wave?

Reaction score

Levitown Target had no Clone Wars on the pegs. A worker pulled a case from the back. I got Gree, Windu, Space Anakin, Clone Denal, Ahsoka, and Cade Bane! Weird thing is Ahsoka has a spot in the plastic bubble, but did not come with her light saber.

Reaction score

Found a Skirtless Hoth Trooper at Walmart tonight!

Had an unfortunate accident today. The top shelf of my IKEA glass case collapsed and all of my mini busts were either chipped, cut, broken, missing sharp edges, etc. Not fun at all. The glass case came out fine though.

So if anyone here is interested I'll be selling my two glass IKEA detolfs. They're both in great shape. Both are $40 each and can only do pick up or I can maybe drop it off at your house. Just let me know.

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
Levitown Target had no Clone Wars on the pegs. A worker pulled a case from the back. I got Gree, Windu, Space Anakin, Clone Denal, Ahsoka, and Cade Bane! Weird thing is Ahsoka has a spot in the plastic bubble, but did not come with her light saber.
woh buff! what are you doing all the way in nassau?

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
all of my mini busts were either chipped, cut, broken, missing sharp edges, etc.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Reaction score

Got a tip and made the trip. If you guys get your fill, I am looking for some Commando Droids and some Denal Clones. Thanks dudes.

Reaction score

BUFF!!! No extra Gree or Windu for me???
Nice find though, Cad Bane especially.

AP - man does that suck! That is like a really bad day man. I feel it. I looked at those detolfs in Ikea, looked at my son and said "hell no"...

Reaction score

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

If anyone sees Cad Bane or Loathsome, can you stash them for me? Thanks!

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:

sorry to hear about your loss. ive been through a simalar expierence when I had all my toys in my garage and there was a big rain storm and rain go in and damaged alot of my boxes that were mint.

Reaction score

FlorenceBeach said:
AnthonyP said:

sorry to hear about your loss. ive been through a simalar expierence when I had all my toys in my garage and there was a big rain storm and rain go in and damaged alot of my boxes that were mint.
That stinks.

Reaction score

I got CW Mace & Gree yesterday @ Target on Vets in Commack. They had wave 1 & 2, I left space suit Anakin/ObiWan/Ahsoka, clones and 1 Mace.

If I find more Cad Banes, I'll just pick them up. Stashing doesn't seem to work when I do it for others because they usually can't find the stuff, lol.

Reaction score

Found the Marvel Universe Secret Wars 2-packs at Medford Target-I left 2 sets behind.
Found Marvel Legends Walmart Exclusives in Setauket Walmart.
They had everyone but Tigra (the one I wanted most of course)There was a couple of each of the others when I left.
Found Spiderman and his Amazing Friends 3-pack at TRU in Holbrook. That was the only one they had, I left 2 army builder sets behind.

Centerreach and Setauket Walmarts had a lot of the ESB Legacy waves hanging on the pegs.

Also, if anyone is interested, Target has the Terminator 3 3/4" figures for $1.72.

Reaction score

Hey guys - I need 2x Cad Bane and 1xCommando Droid, help!

Nothing on my hunt today: Lake Grove TRU, Setauket Target & Walmart.

Reaction score

Medford Target had the new Saga Legends figures today as well as the new deluxe packs. Passed on the deluxe though. Definitely not worth almost $20 after tax.

Reaction score

I'll probably be heading out to Walmart later, so I'll be sure to report back if there's anything good.

Reaction score

Hey guys the new wave of movie GI JOE has hit. I am looking for the Elite Viper and The Cobra Doctor. If you guys find them please hide them or pick them up , shoot me a PM .Thanks.

Reaction score

I went out to Medford Target last night & picked up a CW ARF, Yoda, Loathsome & the Jawas. Left Commando Droids, Yularen, 4-A7, Echo's & 1 Space ObiWan. They had just brought a case out and wouldn't bring me another. I still need a Cad Bane.

Setauket Target did their reset & had the Clone Turbo Tank. But they are packed with old CW figures. I don't think we'll be seeing any new figures there for a while.

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:
I went out to Medford Target last night & picked up a CW ARF, Yoda, Loathsome & the Jawas. Left Commando Droids, Yularen, 4-A7, Echo's & 1 Space ObiWan. They had just brought a case out and wouldn't bring me another. I still need a Cad Bane.

Setauket Target did their reset & had the Clone Turbo Tank. But they are packed with old CW figures. I don't think we'll be seeing any new figures there for a while.
And I was just at Medford Target the day before.

Reaction score

AP - the scanner said they have more bro!

FYI - LAKE GROVE TRU is moving!!! The new store opens October 5th... in the Bally's shopping center on the opposite side of the Mall, where Stop&Shop used to be. They are getting NO MORE STOCK as of last week until the store opens. The stock room has been cleared of all boys toys already and they're almost done with the girls toys.

Looks like the TRU exclusive Commander Ponds (which has hit) will be a little tougher to get for me. All I need is 1 if anyone can help me out!

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:
AP - the scanner said they have more bro!

FYI - LAKE GROVE TRU is moving!!! The new store opens October 5th... in the Bally's shopping center on the opposite side of the Mall, where Stop&Shop used to be. They are getting NO MORE STOCK as of last week until the store opens. The stock room has been cleared of all boys toys already and they're almost done with the girls toys.

Looks like the TRU exclusive Commander Ponds (which has hit) will be a little tougher to get for me. All I need is 1 if anyone can help me out!
What was the target employee's excuse for not getting another case for you?

Reaction score

That's why you always have to look for a worker that looks that will help you out.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score

atreyu2112 said:
Saved me from posting.
Also, Setauket Walmart had nothing new too. I haven't even seen any scraps from the CW line, so all I ask is leave me a few scraps guys.

Mike

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
That's why you always have to look for a worker that looks that will help you out.
That's what I usually do.

Hey Mike! Haven't heard from ya in a while!

Reaction score

Don't ask the old lady workers or Dept. Managers!

Reaction score

Yeah, I stay away from any older women too. They never want to help. I'll usually go to someone working in the half of the store where the stockroom is, so this way it's not much of a walk for them. If they pull out the case and there isn't anything I want, I'll usually pull a random figure out anyway so it seems like they've helped me out. I'll then put the figure back on the shelf while they're not around. I always thank them a lot and act very appreciative, this way if I run into them again they'll help me.

Reaction score

jedichicken said:
Yeah, I stay away from any older women too. They never want to help. I'll usually go to someone working in the half of the store where the stockroom is, so this way it's not much of a walk for them. If they pull out the case and there isn't anything I want, I'll usually pull a random figure out anyway so it seems like they've helped me out. I'll then put the figure back on the shelf while they're not around. I always thank them a lot and act very appreciative, this way if I run into them again they'll help me.
That's exactly what I do too!

Reaction score

AnthonyP said:
jedichicken said:
That's exactly what I do too!
I also have my look of death
If all else fails, that usually works