RC-1207 (Sev) - Gaming Greats (RC)

Reaction score
What really annoys me with Gamestop is unless an item is over $35, or released on the same day, no way to get the free shipping. For both Sev and Fixer, I had to buy 2 of each of them to get free shipping & will return 1 of them to the store when they come in.

Reaction score
I'll...

Just make my awkward exit then.
Oh come on, I'm trying to be nice here... ;)

I think originally they did plan to do more than a cameo appearance and have one episode with Delta Squad but changed it when Lucasfilm and Karen Traviss had an argument because Karen didn't like TCW stepping on her toes with the Mandalorians and making (some) of them pacifists instead of warriors and she wanted consulting with that stuff first. I think what Dave said was half true about interfering but he means annoying Karen Traviss and that is what really happened. The dates match up but I guess we will never know since Karen isn't allowed to speak about it and it is messy.
It's a crying shame that J.W. Rinzler is no longer with us, because I would honestly kill for an account of the goings-on at Lucasfilm behind the scenes of The Clone Wars in the same vein and with the same level of professionalism as his The Making of Star Wars. There's so much ambiguity about where Lucas's influence on the show ended and Filoni's began, especially when it appears that much of what we "know" concerning Lucas's ideas vis-a-vis TCW seems to be filtred through Filoni himself, like this statement, for example:

To George [Lucas], the Mandalorians above all — dating back to [Episode V] The Empire Strikes Back — are supercommandos. They’re a race of people that were a military. They can’t be so vagabond as they’ve appeared in the EU (Expanded Universe). They can’t be this group of people that are vastly different in paint job and paint scheme. Because if you do that, they look too much immediately like a bunch of Boba Fetts. It robbed Boba Fett of his uniqueness.

We needed a military. We needed an army. They have a very uniform look. They are trying to bring back the ancient Mandalorian ways of being the supercommando and regain dominion for their mythology.

Now, this is curious, because it's pretty obvious that Boba is not wearing a unique costume, but rather a military uniform, complete with what appear to be unit and faction sigils on the breast and shoulder, but rather than use that as the template for the aforementioned army needed for TCW, the production team went with Jango's armour instead, which is (save for the T-visor) simply bare metal devoid of any insignia or identifying unit colours, exactly as one would expect from a "vagabond" with no allegiance to anyone (indeed, they even went to the extent of copying Jango's gunslinger practice of carrying twin pistols, making it into the equivalent of a D&D-style "racial trait" for Mandalorians as a whole, despite no military actually doing this). :unsure:

Thanks for the link. (y)

Reaction score
Oh come on, I'm trying to be nice here... ;)

I tend to take things pretty hard when I disagree with someone on some subjects. I'm pretty socially awkward so I just needed some time to chill. Its all good. :)

Yeah no denying Filoni has stepped on some toes... but I do like a lot of what he's done with Star Wars. I understand why you would be against some of the more controversial things since... you know... they're controversial. lol

As long as we can act like adults and agree we have differing opinions things will work out. I guess I was a bit taken aback at some of the stuff someone I really liked had done.

We're cool. :giggle:

Reaction score
I tend to take things pretty hard when I disagree with someone on some subjects. I'm pretty socially awkward so I just needed some time to chill. Its all good. :)
I can relate. 😅

Yeah no denying Filoni has stepped on some toes... but I do like a lot of what he's done with Star Wars. I understand why you would be against some of the more controversial things since... you know... they're controversial. lol

As long as we can act like adults and agree we have differing opinions things will work out. I guess I was a bit taken aback at some of the stuff someone I really liked had done.

We're cool. :giggle:
🤜🤛

Reaction score
I guess that sort of justifies the Hunter reuse, as the proportions of the Clone Wars model are more similar to Hunter in the Bad Batch. But it does feel a bit disingenuous to say this is Sev from Republic Commando when it.... basically isn't.

To me, this also really hammers home how frustratingly skinny the upper arms are. I could handle some slightly more 'realistic' proportions for the Commandos that isn't 100% accurate to the original game, but the upper arms are just way too far off.
This is what a Black Series Hunter figure should have looked like:

tumblr_a0b35c5f69c7b368b9224e24a7a53fbf_67783bc6_2048.jpg

Reaction score
I haven’t ordered any of the newbies yet so I went to order Sev yesterday. For some reason GS won’t let me use my $5 off on Sev. Meanwhile last month or the one prior I used my coupon to preorder Fixer. I don’t get it

Reaction score
I haven’t ordered any of the newbies yet so I went to order Sev yesterday. For some reason GS won’t let me use my $5 off on Sev. Meanwhile last month or the one prior I used my coupon to preorder Fixer. I don’t get it
Yeah, they stopped allowing the $5 reward on pre-orders a few weeks ago, around the time of that 15% off sale.

I was able to use it on the Nightbrother Archer so it was a recent change.

Reaction score
Sound like typical behavior of a Company making your SUB worth even less by hamstringing it... That said you could always just wait it out until they're "in stock" and on sale since those coupons are monthly.

Reaction score
Yeah, they stopped allowing the $5 reward on pre-orders a few weeks ago, around the time of that 15% off sale.

I was able to use it on the Nightbrother Archer so it was a recent change.
They did the same thing a while back and then they switched it. I just don’t get it. Regardless it kept me from ordering for now so I’ll just wait it out til it’s in stock or on sale.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
It's really difficult to determine what items are eligible to use the rewards certificates on as it seems to change often, and there isn't anything in writing that specifies the limitations. Sometimes I've been able to use it on pre-orders, sometimes on sale items, and then sometimes on neither of them. Even at the store level they're confused. I've had managers explain everything from terms being changed by management to technical glitches with the PUR system. So 🤷‍♂️...

I also just received this today as part of an update to their membership T&C, "As of May 16, 2022, only Pro Members accumulate points." I don't know how many non-Pro members took advantage of the points, but it looks like that's going away. Not even sure what the benefit of just being a regular PUR member is anymore.

Reaction score
Zavvi are now saying in stock and have taken payment for my pre-order from months ago,but it was saying December 1st, five months earlier than expected

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-171319.png
    Screenshot_20220628-171319.png
    398 KB · Views: 8