Rathtar with Bala Tik

Utinniii

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but I think it bears repeating. Thin metal sheets and earth magnets in the foot-holes.

Reaction score
If you're gonna do that, why not just pose them on the Fridge! :p

I'm hoping this guy can be converted to more POA with only slight modifications.

Reaction score
I got this on launch day, but I never realized until after I opened it up and was putting the empty box away that rathtar is a Palindrome

Reaction score
While I had caught on to the name thing early on. I was briefly confused on why it was a palindrome, as I mistook it for metronome. lol

Reaction score
Friends licked this up for my kid from TRU in New York (we're in the UK). Just got the Force Link today and..... Probe Droid noises.... he ain't happy

Reaction score
The Rathrar is pretty annoying to keep together, I find it poorly designed. Mind you, only using it for display, I can't imagine what it's like for a kid wanting to play with it.

Disappointing the phrase "tell that to Kanjiklub!" is not included with the force link thing haha.

Getting it with 25% off at target, plus with the target card was nice though.

Reaction score
The Rathrar is pretty annoying to keep together, I find it poorly designed. Mind you, only using it for display, I can't imagine what it's like for a kid wanting to play with it.

Disappointing the phrase "tell that to Kanjiklub!" is not included with the force link thing haha.

Getting it with 25% off at target, plus with the target card was nice though.
Are you kidding me? "tell that to Kanjiklub!" should have been the first phrase on the list for Bala Tik! Tsk tsk Hasbro, tsk tsk.

Reaction score
Friends licked this up for my kid from TRU in New York (we're in the UK). Just got the Force Link today and..... Probe Droid noises.... he ain't happy
That's funny. I've read that some people's probe droids were making Rathtar noises. There must have been a batch where the two chips were mixed up.

Reaction score
I think some just aren't putting their Rathtars together correctly, as far as appendage attachment issues.

Reaction score
My Rathtar doesn't have issues now, but I had a hell of a time getting the tentacles in right.

Cool display, not so good for a little kid. Hasbro should have done better with the assembly here, and quit the case ratio overkill.

Reaction score
I think some just aren't putting their Rathtars together correctly, as far as appendage attachment issues.
I followed the instructions exactly. They're not very tight, and easily come off.

Reaction score
You have to push them in very hard, pushing the hole outward from inside the body at the same time.
if they fall out when you rotate them, they are not in all the way.

Reaction score
It's smaller than I expected and the figure can go just about all the way in. I'm sure a BS Rose could fit. And I'd love to see my ewoks attacking it. :{J

Reaction score
Here's what my Bala Tik's face paint apps look like and how I solved the problem:

Then I found a use for my 3 recent 5POA figures:

I hate the rathtar scene in the film, but the toy really displays well. :{J

Reaction score
I just can't get over the look in his eyes, he looks dumbfounded or has the whole "I'm just staring blankly into space" look.

But I am so picking this up for the Rathtar. It's friggin' rad.

Reaction score
Picked it up, thanks for that tip Kyp. It'll be here soon, hopefully I won't have to do too much to the legs lol.

It was at $5.24 when I got it, so if you need to grab something to top off your amazon cart for free shipping, it seems like a good choice.

Reaction score
No problemo PF. Glad I could help.

I have one in hand, 2 on the way. The one I have is good about the legs staying on. If it drops they come off but that's okay.

For me it was just pushing the legs in a little harder after they felt like they were in. They swivel fine too. :{J

Utinniii

Reaction score
Did you try soaking the legs in warm warter/heat gun first? That usually helps me.

Reaction score
Been watching the price of this on Amazon and finally went for it today. I kept expecting they would run out or the price would go back up again but I am glad I did not miss the boat!

Reaction score
my local Walmart is sitting on 20+ of these at the moment. they are just not selling... kinda sad. I debating buying 2-3 more of them but after the not so great review of the 1 I have (those tentacles are a huge pain in the ***) I'm not sure if I want to spend the cash for more of a headache... I'm debating about gluing the tentacles to the one I have.

Reaction score
my local Walmart is sitting on 20+ of these at the moment. they are just not selling... kinda sad. I debating buying 2-3 more of them but after the not so great review of the 1 I have (those tentacles are a huge pain in the ***) I'm not sure if I want to spend the cash for more of a headache... I'm debating about gluing the tentacles to the one I have.
They had a literal shipping container at my local Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
Picked it up, thanks for that tip Kyp. It'll be here soon, hopefully I won't have to do too much to the legs lol. It was at $5.24 when I got it, so if you need to grab something to top off your amazon cart for free shipping, it seems like a good choice.
What worked easiest for me in attaching the legs was rotating them/twisting them forwards and backwards as I pushed them on. You get a squeaking noise of the plastics rubbing together and the leg seems to attach without as much force. I couldn't get them to stay on with the boiling water method or just pushing them on straight.

Reaction score
I got my other two today and I still say there's no problems with the legs on mine. They're easy to get in and they stay on when it falls on carpet.

The two newer ones are also a shade lighter to my eyes. Which is good since it makes them look younger or like two different rathtars. I still want to try painting one a different color like greyish brown and green highlights on the main skin color.

Also, I think Bala Tik's rifle is the best looking weapon made for both TFA or TLJ. It's like a shotgun version of a blaster. I think they call them slugthrowers in Republic Commando. :{J

Reaction score
I think Hasbro figured this set would be more interesting this fall because it's from the ST. As long as this set does not end up in the following wave (I'm assuming Luke/Wamp and Vader/Probot repack), then things should be fine. Except the first time I saw these, I've only ever seen the Rathtar set. Didn't like it in the film, don't like it as a toy, but it's nice to see beasts back in the line again.

Reaction score
got a 2nd for $5. Will use Bala's head for FO officer custom and the 2nd Rathtar will be rubber banded or something to my BMF Falcon Cockpit on the wall.

Reaction score
got a 2nd for $5. Will use Bala's head for FO officer custom and the 2nd Rathtar will be rubber banded or something to my BMF Falcon Cockpit on the wall.
Can you post pics when you rubber band it? I got a Kenner Falcon for $20 and was thinking of doing something similar, like sticking it to the mandible, or the satellite dish