Rathtar with Bala Tik

Reaction score
From Yakface FB page:

I'm thinking you meant to post this:

From Instagram user Talker Art, it's a Rathtar from THE FORCE AWAKENS with Bala Tik from the Guavian Death Gang. It's got a feature called "Force Link". It seems to be some sort of wrist band you wear, and when you're close enough to the Rathtar it will make sounds.

Also pictured lower in the frame: Bistan V Shoretrooper Captain 2-pack and single carded Fenn Rau.

Reaction score
honestly. that ^ was unexpected....kinda impressed, hasbo delivered something unexpected...so unlike Hasbro at sdcc lately. must buy, now Hasbro wheres that bistan set, you got it right there, no denying its existence (same w/ fenn rau for those that missed it via cmd.com)

Reaction score
Please tell me that they didn't really waste resources on that.
one could tell you, but it'd be a lie....far better than reviving choppers or anger birds or commands or pod things or..list goes on.

Reaction score
honestly. that ^ was unexpected....kinda impressed, hasbo delivered something unexpected...so unlike Hasbro at sdcc lately. must buy, now Hasbro wheres that bistan set, you got it right there, no denying its existence (same w/ fenn rau for those that missed it via cmd.com)
Bistan's right below!

Reaction score
WAIT!! hang on a minute. Are my eyes deceiving me or is the Rathtar.....(insert drum roll)...NERF FREE!!!?

Reaction score
Great to see a return of beast packs! I'm equally excited that the Bistan set and Fenn Rau are on display - hope this is a sign they will make it to the US.

Reaction score
Would Bala-Tic have been more articulated, i'd have considered this set.

Reaction score
Yeah why not, it's only a day late...
If he was SA I'd be totally in, but I have no nee for the creature. While I am surprised by this, I would have preferred to be really surprised with something SA.

Reaction score
this is a real surprise. An it sortof highlights how awkward Hasbros production schedule is. This would even have been unlikely during the films run, so it's especially weird to get this now. It's a shame Hasbro can't release more relevant product for the particular film. I just wonder how this will sell this year (actually I don't). There is a lot of cool material from TFA and it's nice to see some more, I just wasn't expecting this, at this point.

Reaction score
this is a real surprise. An it sortof highlights how awkward Hasbros production schedule is. This would even have been unlikely during the films run, so it's especially weird to get this now. It's a shame Hasbro can't release more relevant product for the particular film. I just wonder how this will sell this year (actually I don't). There is a lot of cool material from TFA and it's nice to see some more, I just wasn't expecting this, at this point.
I get the sentiment of your post, but there's some responsibility that needs to be borne by Lucasfilm. The secrecy that surrounded the production of THE FORCE AWAKENS is a big contributing factor to why Hasbro wasn't able to do as much. I heard comments from Hasbro Star Wars team members that the first time they saw Luke Skywalker in TFA was in the theater. There was no production artwork of Luke shown to them. Was the Rathtar sequence under wraps like that? I don't know if it needed to be, but it's another example of the JJ Abrams / Lucasfilm "mystery box", and the toy licensee wound up struggling to offer a line that was relevant. And we DID wind up with vehicles that weren't even in the film (walkers, speeder bikes, etc) because Hasbro was struggling to put something out on the shelves.

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the Rathtar, so this is an easy pass for me. I am happy for those that wanted it, because I never thought they'd actuallymake it. I hope they have a few other things planned for this line as well (figure + beast or figure + large diorama piece).

Reaction score
I actually was never big on the Rathtar's either, but they have grown on me a bit in a tongue in cheek, ironic, sort of way. Bala Tik however is a figure I've wanted since seeing TFA. I hope this is a format we'll see more of, as well.

Reaction score
Maybe this format will replace the 2-packs. I really hope we seemore of this type of thing. I guess they could also make that thing from RO with some character from Saw's Rebels.

Reaction score
This appears to be part of the small vehicle w/ figure assortment that already exists, which is why I'm hoping they do more, as they have a format in place. I'd honestly prefer more creatures over small vehicles.

Reaction score
This appears to be part of the small vehicle w/ figure assortment that already exists, which is why I'm hoping they do more, as they have a format in place. I'd honestly prefer more creatures over small vehicles.
More creature packs would be welcome over small vehicles. The Lugga Beast comes to mind. I would love to see Baba Jo released.

Reaction score
I get the sentiment of your post, but there's some responsibility that needs to be borne by Lucasfilm. The secrecy that surrounded the production of THE FORCE AWAKENS is a big contributing factor to why Hasbro wasn't able to do as much. I heard comments from Hasbro Star Wars team members that the first time they saw Luke Skywalker in TFA was in the theater. There was no production artwork of Luke shown to them. Was the Rathtar sequence under wraps like that? I don't know if it needed to be, but it's another example of the JJ Abrams / Lucasfilm "mystery box", and the toy licensee wound up struggling to offer a line that was relevant. And we DID wind up with vehicles that weren't even in the film (walkers, speeder bikes, etc) because Hasbro was struggling to put something out on the shelves.

true, but it's also a shame that Hasbro shuts down each film in the new year. And doesn't release much/anything else until the next film, which is Christmas. I think that's were opportunity is missed. Can't they hire more labour?

Reaction score
So this will be...$29.99? $39.99?

They wouldn't have the guts to go for $50 on this.

Reaction score
First thought was "Wow... Hasbro surprises with something totally unexpected!"

Second thought was "5POA Bala Tik :( "

Third thought... "Maybe that means we'll get other creatures like this"

I think my quick emotional swing at least means I'm optimistic about what Hasbro can still do... (the Rathtar looks quite nice really) but still expect them to focus on the wrong things. That crummy looking 5POA figure probably pushes this into the $30-$40 range which is pretty ridiculous really. Hasbro once again trying to add value and actually only adding cost.

At $20-$24 I'll buy this and any other beasts they want to throw out.
Luggabeast
HURID-327
Grummgar
Roodown
Babajoe

I'd likely buy each of these for $20-24... especially if there was actual added value. Obviously Teedo could be reused for the Luggabeast, HURID should have a small character from Maz's place, Grummgar should come with Bazine (articulated please), Roodown maybe with just an interesting selection of scrap on his sled, and Babajoe perhaps with the little metal faced guy that yelled at Rey on Jakku.

I see these are excellent choices for this format... but not at $30.

Reaction score
This is likely going to be $25, like the Rey / speeder set. Even at $25, many of the small vehicles with figures sat and went to clearance. I bought some for Toys for Tots, and they were $5 each! Hasbro should know the pricepoint is important and $20-25 is fine, but at $30-40 these will gather dust.

Reaction score
Excited about this (mostly for bala-tik). Would have been funny if the rathtar's mouth could fit around the outside of the millennium falcon cockpit.

Reaction score
Hopefully they don't make a bunch of lame ducks, that end up preventing the cool sets from getting made though.

Reaction score
This is a wonderful surprise, and an extremely appealing set. Very seldom does the occasion arise that I am happy with a Hasbro reveal, but this is one of them.

As for the Bistan set, it is shown in the Rogue One packaging, which is no longer being produced. Hasbro normally pads their displays with "current" product, so there still doesn't seem to be any indication that we are going to actually see that set on shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wonder if they just used the RO packaging for now, but this will come in TLJ packaging in the fall. I'm sure a number of sets in the RO packaging were made, but maybe they just took the figures out and repacked them.

Reaction score
I wonder if they just used the RO packaging for now, but this will come in TLJ packaging in the fall. I'm sure a number of sets in the RO packaging were made, but maybe they just took the figures out and repacked them.
I would've thought that may be the case if it weren't stuck in the display alongside Galen, Fenn Rau, Sefla, etc. from the last wave of RO figures. Sometimes the folks putting displays out are as clueless as the brand team (see the "Legends" banner above Dr. Aphra in the VC presentation that brand team manager Steve confessed to doing :-/. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This is my favorite reveal from SDCC, I hope it does well and leads to other new creatures. I'm still hoping for a Blurrg - which was featured on CW, Rebels, and even one of Ewoks movies!

Reaction score
This is my favorite reveal from SDCC, I hope it does well and leads to other new creatures. I'm still hoping for a Blurrg - which was featured on CW, Rebels, and even one of Ewoks movies!
*googles Blurrg* O_O Yes, that, I'm in.