Rarest Shadows of the Empire items??

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about it since the line was still available...but I think I still have a few toyfare and Lee's magazines talking about a few Prince Xizors that slipped out of the factory with red shield blades instead of blue.

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthDooku:
I haven't heard anything about it since the line was still available...but I think I still have a few toyfare and Lee's magazines talking about a few Prince Xizors that slipped out of the factory with red shield blades instead of blue.
<font size="2" face="arial">I remeber when I was younger hearing about this.At a flea market about 6 years ago I actually ran across one.The seller wanted 250 for it.I have not heard or seen one since.I was thinking about this about a week ago when looking at my SOTE figs.I am going to do some more research on it.

Dax

Reaction score
To be honest I haven't fully investigated this myself but I'm running off of half recalled memories. I thought it was established that there were no genuine red bladed Xixor's out there but there may potentially have been some bootlegs manufactured like this. Anyone have any pictures to confirm this?

Reaction score
What about the ones where the cards don't have the sticker attached at all - rare, bad QC, or just dull?

Reaction score
Originally posted by gibbspaulus:
What about the ones where the cards don't have the sticker attached at all - rare, bad QC, or just dull?
<font size="2" face="arial">Paul,

They're not the ones that The Entertainer had shelf loads of and were knocking out for a few quid each are they ??

I wouldn't say they are HTF, just a nice variant to add to a collection.

As for the real HTF SOTE item, that has to be the Collection 1 Leia Boushh.

Reaction score
Yeah, Collection 1 Leia Boushh gets my vote. I think the rest were rumors, bootlegs, or production errors.

Generally, they were all pretty easy to find at retail.

Reaction score
The Leia is the rarest. The red shielded Xizor's were salesmen samples, just like the Luke Jedi with blue lightsaber.

Reaction score
Oh well Mark - that's me shot down - lol!

Yes I was talking about the thousnds they have at The Entertainer. And still £7 a pop too!

Reaction score
Originally posted by gibbspaulus:
Yes I was talking about the thousnds they have at The Entertainer. And still £7 a pop too!
<font size="2" face="arial">The Bristol store has had LOADS of those too, but with really badly beaten up cards for some reason

G

The rarest SOTE items?

Without sounding too patriotic does anyone remember the Tri-Logo Versions released in Britain?

They were on original Red POTF2 Tri-Logo cards, with a SOTE logo to the left of the top of the bubble. Foil stickers were placed below this and the the name of the figure.

I think I only saw them in Forbidden Planet for about 2 months and then they vanished!?!

Maybe the shortest Hasbro UK run ever??

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
A variation I only saw once and regret not getting was the Outrider with the ship being a dull silver instead of grey in the picture on the box. From what I recall, with much difficulty, the box for the Outrider originally came out with the ship having a silver color to it. Very quickly Hasbro/Kenner switched it to grey to match the actual toy. As I said I only saw it once and didn't pick it up and have yet to see another one, but to be honest I haven't looked very hard. Annybody recall this variation?

G

Hi Island Raider,

I remember this variation and I think I have some of each stored away somewhere.

I will have a look tomorrow and let you know. If I do a photo will be on its way to you and here if possible.

Reaction score
All the SOTE figures are just as easy to find, as any of the other figures, in the collection.
except for the Leia Boussh, .01 that says "Collection 1" on it. This one figure goes for around $50.00, were the other figures in the line go for around $7.00. One other note, to this is the Boba Fett vs. IG-88, packaging, one says "Vehicle of choice - Slave 1", the other only says "Slave 1", there is about a $3.00 differance in price here for the one without "VOC".

Now, I have the U.S. release of "Vader vs. Xizor" and I have a U.K. five (5) language release.
The U.K. release is on an Orange blast card, and has my favorite "Kenner" logo right on the front of it, plus the comic book also has a few variations, from the U.S. one.
First the comic books have the same picture, size and all, but the U.K. version has the SOTE logo much smaller than the U.S. one, and in the upper left hand corner, were the U.S. one says Kenner and some other fluff, the U.K. version has nothing.

Not worth much more but a nice variation.

All my SOTE figures, are of the .00 version.
If nothing else, they are all true "Originals"

Reaction score
The POTF2-carded SOTE-pose Vader used to go for >$100. I'm sure it has dropped in price, but I don't know where it is now.

Nick

Reaction score
There was a name plate change in the Fett vs IG-88 2 packs as well. I think it went from placard to sticker or something, and it was smaller. I doubtthat really ever caught on though.

Reaction score
I have an SOTE Vader vs Xizor 2 pack that was shipped without their weapons. Anybody else ever seen/heard about this variation/mistake ???

Reaction score
I love the TriLogo versions of SOTE, a real nice variation. There are also Itallian versions of the SOTE cards too, I'll try and get some pics up, as I have got LOADS of them.

As for Collection 1 Leia's, there are two variations, one US and one Canadian. The Canadian is by far the easiest to come across, featuring duel languages.
The US one is only in English.
I had about 6 of these which I gave away 4 to friends when it became clear what they actually were (they only cost me originally £1.99 each from an old junk shop, shhhhhhhhh, just don't tell them that
).

I'll sort out some pics and post them here for everyone

Dave.

Reaction score
As promised, the link below takes you to some pictures Itallian and Tri Logo carded Shadows of the Empire figures.

click here

apologies for the quality of the pictures, these were taken fairly fast, but you get the idea of the differences. The Itallian cards resemble the Tri Logos but have a different language layout etc. I could only find Xizor and Luke Tri Logos at the moment, but I also took a pic of a collection 1 Boushh with a regular Boushh for comparison.

I do have quite a number of Itallian Shadows of the Empire figures and Tri Logo Xizors that I'd happily trade if anyone is interested? Just drop me a mail or message, I collect more or less everything

Enjoy,
Dave.