Rancor Keeper (Malakili) - Mini Bust Support Thread

Reaction score
Yep. Like Django said, nothing from GG. I'm sure they didn't expect the Rancor Keeper to beat Avengers End Game merch. I'm sad that it was only 71 votes and not a true representation of the fans that are on Facebook, here and other places. Twitter is rarely used by the demographic that collects these mini busts.

Oh well, a wins a win! And If they make a Malakili bust, I'm making an exclusive patch of Malakili for the facebook fan group and for anyone else that wants one. It will be a HUGE celebration!

Reaction score
It comes down to what the little guy really wants, not what the suits think the little guy wants. Sometimes the truth takes others by surprise, and they might still be scratching their heads trying to figure out how this happened :). At least some of us got to see the poll and were able to vote, and that was in part thanks to you and the effort you've made to raise attention to this character, same as myself and others are trying to do for Squid Head.

As a friendly suggestion to GG for next time, please if a poll of this sort is going to be conducted, and in order to make more collectors aware of what's going on, do so directly through your website, as not everyone does social media/Twitter. And if social media is the only place those that know better want to have it done, at least let people know with plenty of time, so that more people go there and more votes can be collected. Thank you.

Ryan, I'm sure we are on the right track for The Rancor Keeper. Remember something similar was done a few months ago and Ponda Baba won, and now he is one of the PG gifts for next year. So, when Malakili gets announced as an upcoming mini bust, I'll take one of those patches if at all possible :) In the end what's good about all this is the fact we are coming together as a community, making our voices be heard, and that someone is listening (for which I'm thankful), hence why this poll that included The Keeper was conducted.

Travis, have you been picking up cricket specimens from my front and back yards here in Florida? :) Seriously, that picture you posted pretty much shows the many times this is all we've heard from the maker. Well done.

- Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere is the winner! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
HAHA, well they say a picture is worth a thousand words...I guess I was tired of typing last night :).

Reaction score
So, when Malakili gets announced as an upcoming mini bust, I'll take one of those patches if at all possible :)
You're getting the patch should it happen. That didn't even need to be said. The work you did to help the cause, well, that just got you all kinds of patches in my book. But I'll make sure you get one should we achieve the goal.

Reaction score
Thanks, Ryan. That's very kind of you to say and I'm happy to have been of help. I'm sure the mini bust is a given otherwise, why would they be wasting time asking about it? The votes are there to serve him justice. :) I'm proud of the work done, and you being the force behind it really brought it all up to their attention. It pays to make an effort in life for what we want, and whether we win or lose, at least we can look back and say "we gave it a push". Congrats on your effort! Rest assure when The Keeper gets released he'll be displayed alongside the patch :)

Reaction score
My little facebook group dedicated to the Rancor Keeper has reached 100 members. And with that, I'm having some designs made for patches, coins and stickers. Once the designs are finalized I'll post pictures here and I welcome anyone in the RebelScum universe to purchase them if they would like.
Thank you all for your support on getting the Keeper Mini Bust movement going. Keep pushing forward and keep on Gentle Giant. They will continue to hear from us until they make Malakili! I will not stop (Unless I have a restraining order or something, but... even then... probably not).

Thanks again! Keep spreading the word.

Reaction score
Here are the coin and patch design I'm getting made for the group since we have hit 100 members. I'm still rolling along with this little endeavor.

Sent from my TA-1052 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
To hell with it... give me a $500 deluxe set with a Malakili Mini-Bust and a TO SCALE Rancor Mini-Bust with a Gamorrean Guard's arm hanging out of it's mouth:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you a member of the cargo hold on Facebook ihnken33? They keep pushing a signing you might be interested in!
Yes, I am a member, I just checked, and I turned off notifications. That's why I didn't see the notification! I just hope I can meet Mr. Brooke at a con one day!

Reaction score
So there's a con in the Netherlands that is at the end of this year, and Paul Brooke himself is going to be there! I am going to get SO MANY autographs and pictures!!!!! It's going to be amazing. I am so excited. So I'll get the Rancor Statue autographed along with a few hasbro figures and an 8x10 plus a photo op or 2 with Mr. Brooke. Yes, I fully intend to go bankrupt at the end of this con.

Reaction score
So there's a con in the Netherlands that is at the end of this year, and Paul Brooke himself is going to be there! I am going to get SO MANY autographs and pictures!!!!! It's going to be amazing. I am so excited. So I'll get the Rancor Statue autographed along with a few hasbro figures and an 8x10 plus a photo op or 2 with Mr. Brooke. Yes, I fully intend to go bankrupt at the end of this con.
Very cool, as a fellow autograph hound I share your excitement!! Please post all the photos man!!

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, the Malakili group on Facebook has a merch post up! We are selling patches and coins of the Make Malakili group!

Reaction score
All of the coins sold out on the group. We still have a BUNCH of patches left. So if anyone wants some patches, shoot me a PM here or on Facebook.
Otherwise, I keep posting on Gentle Giant's posts daily to get the point across that a Rancor Keeper mini bust is wanted by fans.

I've seen replies FROM GG to other posters that those people should reach out to the president of DST for their questions and requests, but they never give any contact information. So I'll be doing a bunch of research to see if I can find that person and his/her email and reach out. I'll be respectful, but point out that this is something that the community has been wanting along with Tessek for a while.

Reaction score
All of the coins sold out on the group. We still have a BUNCH of patches left. So if anyone wants some patches, shoot me a PM here or on Facebook.
Otherwise, I keep posting on Gentle Giant's posts daily to get the point across that a Rancor Keeper mini bust is wanted by fans.

I've seen replies FROM GG to other posters that those people should reach out to the president of DST for their questions and requests, but they never give any contact information. So I'll be doing a bunch of research to see if I can find that person and his/her email and reach out. I'll be respectful, but point out that this is something that the community has been wanting along with Tessek for a while.
Is there a choice of patches, like the artwork shown? If so, I might be interested!

Reaction score

Chuck himself from the very beginning, since they took over GG practically, pointed out where to communicate:

customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com .

There is also a phone number to call: 410 560-7100 , but I wouldn't recommend calling them to ask for Malakili

I think the issue is not as much a Gentle Giant one, as it is Disney's willingness to approve what gets submitted to them or not. But, yes. Suggestions can be sent to that address, but please do so in a polite and respectful way. Don't be demanding. Do not overwhelm them with this. It gets to a point when it becomes obnoxious and childish and undermines any future efforts for other items and they no longer care. Keep in mind we are on the outside of all this trying to look in, and there are factors that influence on the production of a product. Let's not be obnoxious, but reasonably explanatory with any requests. The constant mentioning of Malakili in every other comment on their Facebook page has gotten a little bit out of hand, really. By now I'm sure they know some people want Malakili made.

Reaction score
Chuck himself from the very beginning, since they took over GG practically, pointed out where to communicate:

customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com .

There is also a phone number to call: 410 560-7100 , but I wouldn't recommend calling them to ask for Malakili

I think the issue is not as much a Gentle Giant one, as it is Disney's willingness to approve what gets submitted to them or not. But, yes. Suggestions can be sent to that address, but please do so in a polite and respectful way. Don't be demanding. Do not overwhelm them with this. It gets to a point when it becomes obnoxious and childish and undermines any future efforts for other items and they no longer care. Keep in mind we are on the outside of all this trying to look in, and there are factors that influence on the production of a product. Let's not be obnoxious, but reasonably explanatory with any requests. The constant mentioning of Malakili in every other comment on their Facebook page has gotten a little bit out of hand, really. By now I'm sure they know some people want Malakili made.
I'm very cordial when it comes to my correspondence. I have sent the email to DST on that email you pointed out, and no response. The whole point is not to let this die, but to grow it into a movement. So far anyone that has asked for the Malakili mini bust has been respectful. Sure we reply to their posts on social media daily for our request, but I'm trying to show support for a potential product. If I said it once and never replied again, then I know for sure they wouldn't make it. Since I've started my campaign, others outside of my #MakeMalakili movement have started to get on board. And it's only growing bigger! The more people that request this, the less than DST and President Chuck can ignore the fans request. We're not being obnoxious, at least not in my opinion, but we are making sure that we ask daily for the items we want, and not just from DST and GG, but from Hot Toys/SideShow, Hasbro, Funko, etc.. It's a movement that's growing. We should be doing this for Tessek as well! Someone lead the charge and do what I'm doing!

I'm not saying this will work, I'm not even hinting that there's a chance, but there's more of a chance of getting this by me doing this than not. And that's all I can do honestly. So I will do whatever in my power to get this done. If it doesn't happen, well then, at least I tried.

And they can't say I don't buy their product because I'm a HUGE Gentle Giant supporter. I'm literally trying to give them money, all they have to do is make things I want to buy. I am just pointing them down that avenue.

Reaction score
I think there might be some surprises coming up, Ryan. Otherwise I don't see the point of them having that poll last year which The Rancor Keeper won by a big margin. To me it showed them right there and then there is a demand for this character. Hopefully as we get more into this new year we'll be updated on upcoming product ( besides what we know so far) and The Keeper will be part of this year's releases.

As far as Tessek, I did spent time creating plenty of posters ( same as I did for your Keeper) and tallying the votes. I don't do social media nor have any interest going there. But those folks that voted for Tessek and do social media should make an effort if they want to see him made. I had a nice conversation with Chuck last year and he is quite aware of Tessek, and he is a very understanding person. I have no issues with Chuck's communication, and I should also say he did resolve some issues I had that others failed to resolve and ignored. I'm hopeful Chuck remembers there are people for Tessek willing to buy it, and it will sell well if they make the bust. My own Tessek thread here in our forums clearly indicates it. Like you I'm a huge GG supporter, buying their product for over 15 years, and making up the gross of my collection, having every single mini bust they have produced (except for ST I don't collect) and plenty of dioramas and statues. Personally, I've tried and continue to try here every month with the Tessek thread, not just for those that want Tessek made and can enjoy it, but also for my late friend Kev which I don't forget and wanted the bust very much.

Again, hopefully your effort for The Keeper and mine for Tessek pay off. We both know they could make a lot of collectors happy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, this is either The Rancor Keeper or an evil-looking nun... and I don't think GG are making nuns. :) What do you think?

1579317667648.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm thinking they're gonna do a Rancor keeper bust soon also. The poll they did as well as past comments make me believe that he's in the works.
I also saw a pic from that email showing the molds. Reminded me of the old mini helmet line some of you liked so much. Not sure if that's what it is for or not. Guess I deleted the pic. Looked like a trooper helmet of some sort if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm thinking they're gonna do a Rancor keeper bust soon also. The poll they did as well as past comments make me believe that he's in the works.
I also saw a pic from that email showing the molds. Reminded me of the old mini helmet line some of you liked so much. Not sure if that's what it is for or not. Guess I deleted the pic. Looked like a trooper helmet of some sort if I remember correctly.
Yes, I've seen the picture. It shows a mold of a TIE fighter helmet too big to be meant for a mini bust, and several pink boxes with the word "TIE fighter helmet" written on them. It'd be great if it is a .45 scale TIE fighter helmet as that's the one that was about to be released by Riddell decades ago, and then by Master Replicas, but unfortunately it never came to be for one reason or another, although some samples were in fact produced. If it isn't that, then it could possibly be a half scale TIE fighter bust. I'm actually leaning to think that is what it is, going but what is written on the boxes

Here it is:

TIEPilot.jpg

* Yes. I also think a Rancor Keeper will be offered, even before a Squid Head mini bust.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I hope everyone is still on board.
Sorry I've been away for a while.
I am still rolling this campaign along on Facebook and Twitter and it's gaining social media traction! We have a fair amount of people that are on board with the Malakili mini bust!

Gentle Giant posts daily and every post they hear from me along with a photo that was so nicely created by LightSword! Thanks again buddy! These are really working to help further the cause of the Keeper mini bust!

Gentle Giant every once in a while pokes fun at the Rancor Keeper, which makes me think they are very aware of this campaign and that it has a chance to be made! SO I keep going. :D
Thanks to everyone for helping those that can, and those that have helped in their own way.