Rancor Keeper (Malakili) - Mini Bust Support Thread

Reaction score
Welcome to the Rancor Keeper mini bust support thread. Our good friend @LightSword suggested I make Malakili's own thread to show support for the character and bust. We can post pose ideas, mock ups, or anything relating to the Malakili mini bust that we want Gentle Giant to make sooner rather than later!

In addition, I am going to take this opportunity to plug my Rancor Keeper facebook group. It's brand new (just started it yesterday). It's dedicated to everything Rancor Keeper/Malakili and will be posting contact information for companies that have not made a Rancor Keeper product such as Funko, SideShow, Gentle Giant and Hasbro TVC line just to name a few. So join here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2356256471361212/

Anyway, Please Gentle Giant, Make the Malakili Mini Bust!!!!!!

Thank you for your patience and I will now post all my Keeper stuff here and just follow the OT thread as a fellow OT mini bust enthusiast.

Reaction score
I fully support this effort for the Rancor Keeper. I feel he'd make a great addition to the Jabba's Palace characters made so far. After all, to think of the Rancor monster is to think of his caring keeper. The keeperl's appearance was part of the memorable Rancor sequence in the film, and seeing the robust Malakili character presented holding the staff or Rancor's chain as a mini bust would be fantastic. That said, GG/DST please consider creating a Malakili AKA Rancor Keeper. I'm sure if given and interesting pose and good face sculpt it will be a good seller. Thanks in advance!

P.S: No, no, no. We're not mental. We just feel this guy deserves a place in the history of mini bust releases. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Obviously everyone knows I’d like to see Tessek/Squid Head from Jaba’s palace but as they’ve side barred us with cantina characters it’s not beyond the realms of belief to say I’d like to see it too. & he had lines too so maybe give him a talking feature too???

Last edited:
Reaction score
I support this. I support most busts people want made since we are all part of the collecting community and should try to help each other out.

Reaction score
Decided to cruise around town yesterday and to be honest, I was quite impressed by what I saw. The Keeper's face was EVERYWHERE ... :)

- Down the street atop the clothing store ...

- As a huge billboard by the bus stop! ...

- Behind a fence by the forest near my house! ...

- And to my surprise there was even a gathering in front of City Hall holding up double sided signs asking the mayor to negotiate with GG/DST and get the mini bust made. Amazing ! ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I went home with all these images fresh in my head and questioned myself:

- "What the heck is going on??!! Let's give Ryan some extra support!. I'll make some posters to push for The Keeper. Yesiree!"

Check this out...I even got the girl next door to pose for one of the posters. She likes The Keeper, too! ... :)

* Ryan, I don't have a Facebook account, so I cannot post in your group page. That said, if you want, feel free to use any of the pictures I did for your Rancor Keeper effort, anywhere you think they'll work on social media to get the mini bust made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I went home with all these images fresh in my head and questioned myself:

- "What the heck is going on??!! Let's give Ryan some extra support!. I'll make some posters to push for The Keeper. Yesiree!"

Check this out...I even got the girl next door to pose for one of the posters. She likes The Keeper, too! ... :)

* Ryan, I don't have a Facebook account, so I cannot post in your group page. That said, if you want, feel free to use any of the pictures I did for your Rancor Keeper effort, anywhere you think they'll work on social media to get the mini bust made.
A page right out of Major League. Well done my friend. Well done!

Reaction score
" Behind a fence by the forest near my house! ... "

So random , had me laughing !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I didn't see the Rachel Phelps, aka Major League inspired one before of Brady's wife haha. Classic!

Reaction score
Oh my god!!! These are amazing, I can't believe I've been so occupied with life that I missed these until now. Thank you so much guys! I honestly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart!

I'm in awe. I love them!!!! Simply love them!

Reaction score
On sad note, the date you posted these is the day my world started to turn upside down. 6/23 I had my new car of only 2 months and 2000 miles on it and wallet stolen in a home invasion in the house we are renting in Belgium. Then 4 days later I had to put down one of my dogs, and it's been a roller coaster with school going on and this new course is kicking my butt. I'm hanging on but barely to my sanity. The thing that really keeps me going is the Rancor Keeper facebook group I started.

I hope you don't mind if I publish these to the rancor keeper appreciation facebook group.

Reaction score
On sad note, the date you posted these is the day my world started to turn upside down. 6/23 I had my new car of only 2 months and 2000 miles on it and wallet stolen in a home invasion in the house we are renting in Belgium. Then 4 days later I had to put down one of my dogs, and it's been a roller coaster with school going on and this new course is kicking my butt. I'm hanging on but barely to my sanity. The thing that really keeps me going is the Rancor Keeper facebook group I started.

I hope you don't mind if I publish these to the rancor keeper appreciation facebook group.
I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles , Ryan. Hopefully everything starts to improve from now on. There is balance in life, and I'm sure things will start to improve for you. Just focus on the positive and don't let negative things hold the reins of your world.

Yes, please. Feel free to use my posters for your Rancor Keeper Facebook group, GG's Facebook page, etc. It'd be appreciated if you could just mention the source. I created them to get exposure and push for the character you like so much. Hopefully one day your dream will come true, as it was for Kevin to see Tessek made, which hasn't happened.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry man, the home invasion and grand theft are no joke. Real messed up to hear that.

Also, your dog passing...I lost my dog 7 months ago and still haven't really gotten over it. I remember you and I posting on the forum last year about the fears we had of moving with our dogs. So sad they are both gone now :(. Deeply sorry about that Ryan.

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles , Ryan. Hopefully everything starts to improve from now on. There is balance in life, and I'm sure things will start to improve for you. Just focus on the positive and don't let negative things hold the reins of your world.

Yes, please. Feel free to use my posters for your Rancor Keeper Facebook group, GG's Facebook page, etc. It'd be appreciated if you could just mention the source. I created them to get exposure and push for the character you like so much. Hopefully one day your dream will come true, as it was for Kevin to see Tessek made, which hasn't happened.
I will for sure source them. Thanks brother! And thank you for the thoughts.

Reaction score
Sorry you’ve been having a hard time recently Ryan.
Give me a shout if you ever need a chat. :)
I appreciate it. I just think things will start to get better in about 8 weeks when I'm done with school. This is totally killing my vibe in my life. I'm not sleeping well, and it's just taking up so much time. Not to mention fighting with the insurance and all while trying to calm down my wife who's basically locked the house all day since we are down to 1 car. Ugh.

Reaction score
Sorry man, the home invasion and grand theft are no joke. Real messed up to hear that.

Also, your dog passing...I lost my dog 7 months ago and still haven't really gotten over it. I remember you and I posting on the forum last year about the fears we had of moving with our dogs. So sad they are both gone now :(. Deeply sorry about that Ryan.
It is tough> We miss our one dog. We have our second and he's loving the extra attention. It's working out well for him. Just sucks because we miss the other one as well. We were a team, all 4 of us. Now we're down a very hilarious personality.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Reaction score
I gotta say, anyone who is following GG on Facebook is seeing LightSwords work a fair amount. Thank you Julian for the great posters! People seem to be getting a kick out of them. Top Notch! Keep the fight going and I invite anyone reading this to help with the quest!

Reaction score
My pleasure, Ryan. I admire the effort a person makes to accomplish his/her goals, and you are making yours be noticed. I know how important it is to you to have him made, and have the mini bust signed by the actor. Besides, I also like the character! :)

Reaction score
My pleasure, Ryan. I admire the effort a person makes to accomplish his/her goals, and you are making yours be noticed. I know how important it is to you to have him made, and have the mini bust signed by the actor. Besides, I also like the character! :)
Your work is also getting posted on Twitter. :D If you use that social media platform, you'll see it pop up when GG posts! I just need to grow my groups fanbase. More people spreading the word, the better chance we have to get these products made.

Reaction score
Ryan, I got some more of these made for your cause :) ...

At the Tower of Terror, there's now a Malakili sign ..

Somewhere at a club in Miami Beach they want The Rancor Keeper ...

Early this morning I saw my neighbor putting up this banner ...

And if you visit Miami and go to the LightSword Museum of Modern Art, you'll find these ...

Have you picked the latest issue of The Jabba Herald?... Wow!

And if you want to make a statement when driving around, these bumper stickers should help get your message across...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Julian, these are awesome! People on Facebook have been asking for more! These are great I give you many thanks!

Hopefully gentle Giants Twitter poll goes all keeper!!!!

Sent from my TA-1052 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
You are welcome, Ryan. Glad to help. And I voted for the Rancor Keeper just now on Twitter. Just signed up although I don't do social media, just to give The Rancor Keeper a push. I got the campaign poster for the Keeper there, Ryan. I've just posted it. I'm Marco Polo there, by the way. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those are great. Ryan, wish I could help but have no social media accounts either, but good luck!