Rancor - Haslab 2021

Reaction score
Oola's outfit is the taboo for Disney (she's a space slave lap dancer stripper). That's why I'm thinking their probable picks are a guard and the Keeper... and yes, Luke with rocks
I could see Oola only being made just for the Haslab Rancor. The only way to get her is you have to fork over the cash for the campaign.

Reaction score
I could see Oola only being made just for the Haslab Rancor. The only way to get her is you have to fork over the cash for the campaign.
I honestly think that would sweeten the pot and cause someone to buy if they are on the fence.

Reaction score
I honestly think that would sweeten the pot and cause someone to buy if they are on the fence.

That would be me. The Jabba sequence has been my favorite Star Wars deal ever, bar none, since I first saw the movies in the ‘80s. That being said, I have no room for this thing. None.

If they said that the only way we’ll ever get Oola is to buy it, I’d be in.

Reaction score
Oola's outfit is the taboo for Disney (she's a space slave lap dancer stripper). That's why I'm thinking their probable picks are a guard and the Keeper... and yes, Luke with rocks and giant bone.
Maybe if it were mainline release to be found in Targets drawing the ire of some customers, I don't see it being that big an issues for online access only aimed solely at Collectors. So this would seem to be the only viable way to possibly ever get the character and makes perfect sense since all the other figures mentioned could be released mainline.

Reaction score
Maybe if it were mainline release to be found in Targets drawing the ire of some customers, I don't see it being that big an issues for online access only aimed solely at Collectors. So this would seem to be the only viable way to possibly ever get the character and makes perfect sense since all the other figures mentioned could be released mainline.

In that case, throw in an updated Sexy Time Leia!

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
So, do we think Hasbro will officially reveal the Rancor and launch the funding campaign next week on the 8th during Fan Fest, or wait until next month during PulseCon? I'm thinking the former seems most likely.

Reaction score
Technically isnt the rancor a slave? It has shackles and a cage it's not allowed to leave and is kept to serve a master. If nothing else this toy encourages animal abuse.

That doesn't matter. It's the word, that is hurtful.
</sarcasm>

(as someone somewhere pointed out... star wars is full of slaves, references to slavery etc.)

Reaction score
So, do we think Hasbro will officially reveal the Rancor and launch the funding campaign next week on the 8th during Fan Fest, or wait until next month during PulseCon? I'm thinking the former seems most likely.

Where Fans Comes First Festivities as being a Star Wars specific event - I'm guessing the usual 30-ish minutes - sounds like the better choice for this. Kind of thinking that they make the whole event just about that Haslab - because .. what's left for them to talk about at Pulse Fan Fest then, if they also include reveals etc. - unless they have a ton of news/reveals.
And have they gotten better at keeping it to themselves? Seems like a while ago since last time Jayson dug up some juicy bits?

Reaction score
I think they'll start the campaign at Pulsecon. If they go with 45 days, then that puts it within the Black Friday/Holiday rush season, so it could end up being a type of Christmas present for collectors, even though they still need to wait until they get it.

Reaction score
Oola's outfit is the taboo for Disney (she's a space slave lap dancer stripper). That's why I'm thinking their probable picks are a guard and the Keeper... and yes, Luke with rocks and bone.

It does amaze me what Disney considers appropriate. There is a scene in The Little Mermaid where Ariel becomes human. I know they did show a little bit. I am just using that as an example.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It does amaze me what Disney considers appropriate. There is a scene in The Little Mermaid where Ariel becomes human. I know they did show a little bit. I am just using that as an example.

I agree. The Disney legacy is riddled with odd and not really kid / family friendly moments.

Only consistency they have lately is to move along with the loudest voice. If tomorrow social media bashes Pluto dog for any controversy, their board will instantly give in to the keyboard riots.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can totally see Hasbro using the Rancor as a way to get an Oola figure out to us. I have to imagine that Malakili is another pack in. As for the rest I am sure they will give us some sort of retread with Luke or a Gamorrean Guard. I'd really love it if we could get Giran, the other Rancor Keeper. But since Hasbro was so keen on giving a slightly retooled Silver Surfer with Galactus, over a new character, I think we will end up with some retooling on Luke instead of Giran.

Reaction score
It's too bad they already release Jabba, and not to get too off topic by bringing it up, otherwise they could have done a proper Jabba with his throne/railing, Hookah pipe, Bubo, Bomarr Monk, Salacious Crumb, and maybe Rappertunie? With the Dancers being unlocks.

Could always remove Rappertunie for an eventual band Rebo set I guess.

Reaction score
It's too bad they already release Jabba, and not to get too off topic by bringing it up, otherwise they could have done a proper Jabba with his throne/railing, Hookah pipe, Bubo, Bomarr Monk, Salacious Crumb, and maybe Rappertunie? With the Dancers being unlocks.

Could always remove Rappertunie for an eventual band Rebo set I guess.
Imagine if the tiers were one member each of the Max Rebo Band....then Oola being the last tier.😳

Reaction score
I'd love it if we could somehow get the Rebo Band. In Black Series and also some new ones for Vintage Collection.

Reaction score
The problem with them including the Rebo band here or even releasing them on their own is that the releases tend to reflect the Special Edition and onward versions. So we might get stuck with band members outside the original trio. I mean, I'll take it if I have to...but I only want Max, Sy, and Droopy.

Maybe I said this before, but I hope that Jabba is made available again. Not as a stretch goal for the Rancor, but a fan-channel (or something similar) re-release. It would be good for those of us who weren't around when it was first out and never got around to getting it because there were so few supporting figures for it. Obviously, that's gonna change.

Reaction score
Is this launching with Hasbro Pulsecon in two weeks?

I was thinking about it and wondered why it seemed like long ago since we heard anything. I'm not sure if I'll go for it or not.

Reaction score
Is this launching with Hasbro Pulsecon in two weeks?

I was thinking about it and wondered why it seemed like long ago since we heard anything. I'm not sure if I'll go for it or not.
I am curious as to if there will be any stretch items for the Rancor(as listed above)The Star saber Transformer got funded with all tiers reached.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hate the idea of trying to launch before Christmas. It’s not like it will be here in December & it only cuts potential sales unless the sign up is until January/February but even that can be the same problem?

Reaction score
I forget that ends today, while the character has no meaning to me I thought about getting one for the novelty of it.

It's likely they will announce on Pulsecon because they usually use some kind of events to promote them.

I also agree that running these campaigns right before a Holiday shopping period a whole year prior to arrival date seems ill timed, people generally have enough to worry about during this time besides an expensive item for themselves. I feel mid year would be the best time as it's right after most people get their refunds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting that they included the description "high end figure", does anyone doubt that it would be high end considering the price?

Reaction score
me too, just hope they don´t make it to hard or complicated for us non-UK europeans
I'm sure they will. I doubt they've figured out a way to allow average non-UK Europeans to order this. But, who knows, it is TBS, so hasbro will have probably made their best effort................

Last edited:
Reaction score
It looks fantastic. But it doesn’t start out coming with a figure? How ****ing cheap can Hasbro be?? So yet again the first unlock will be something it should have already come with. There is absolutely no reason this shouldn’t already be coming with a figure. And I love that they want us to drop down the cash before we’ve even gotten the last haslab.

I’ll take three goddamnit.

Reaction score
Difficult to judge when its not painted, but its kinda meh isn't it? Will all hinge on the unlockables for me, but so far its a pass.
Can't imagine it'll be 4 figures as that alone would be nearly $100 worth so it'll probably the skulls and stuff.