Rancor - Haslab 2021

Reaction score
Was the POTF packaging a selling point for anyone?

To me, this is an opener package. And if I had to put it away or sell it I'd rather have even an existing Black Series package than one and done packaging.

To me, the lynchpin of tiers was the Rancor keeper. Its an absolutely ridiculous retail product, this is the sole reasonable place for him, and if he replaced Crumb, I'd be in.

Sure I'd rather see Oola in there too and the accessory pack/backdrop as part of the base package, but even without her and with the keeper, the set would be scene consistent (albeit not complete) and again, I'd be in.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Was the POTF packaging a selling point for anyone?

To me, this is an opener package. And if I had to put it away or sell it I'd rather have even an existing Black Series package than one and done packaging.

To me, the lynchpin of tiers was the Rancor keeper. Its an absolutely ridiculous retail product, this is the sole reasonable place for him, and if he replaced Crumb, I'd be in.

Sure I'd rather see Oola in there too and the accessory pack/backdrop as part of the base package, but even without her and with the keeper, the set would be scene consistent (albeit not complete) and again, I'd be in.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

The POTF packaging was not a selling point for me. If I had backed the rancor, I would want to open the included figures - especially if the rancor had included figures I wasn't likely to get anywhere else (such as Malakili). Special packaging is just a bummer then, if it isn't resealable. I would rather have the normal Black Series boxes.

I am sort of glad Malakili wasn't included, if that was the only difference to the existing tiers. I would have been tempted to back this HasLab then, even though I wouldn't have been much more impressed by its value for money.

For me, if the rancor had somewhat less articulation and deco (fix the turtle neck which cuts its head in half!), came with Malakili, and was offered at a lower price point, I would have been happy.

Reaction score
the Rancor itself was a good selling point, since the amount of detail and articulation, however I'm more interested in the new Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight, the level of detail, accuracy and articulation was my selling point, but 19000 backers to get this, it is a no for me. not so much interested in all the other wish list from other collectors (Malakili or Oola), but if they included the figure list from collectors that would be a plus.

As it is past Haslab's have been offering pretty much repaints, or rereleases with different boxes for the Haslab's (YakFace, Mando, Baby Yoda, Jawas) so not a big surprise, however I think we were expecting something different due to the value perceive by collectors.

Reaction score
Must admit, the POTF in general I just don't get. Maybe I'm a little older so the packaging just doesnt resonate with me, but a retro style with the race track lines always looks better. The only thing anyone really remembers about the POTF figures is they looked absolutely awful and that they arrived at a time when fans were desperate for anything.

I'd definitely have bought the Yavin Leia exclusive if she's come on a classic card back (even though she wasnt in the original 96). Same as the cantina - I actually cancelled my pre-order yesterday as I'll be getting the figures in the next wave and didnt fancy the premium price for the bar, but it would have been a harder decision in retro packaging (even as an opener).

Reaction score
The only thing anyone really remembers about the POTF figures is they looked absolutely awful and that they arrived at a time when fans were desperate for anything.

Now the POTF packaging for the figures included with the rancor makes perfect sense! 😆

Clearly, Hasbro thought we were desperate for anything.