Rancor - Haslab 2021

Reaction score
Kind of relieved that is indeed the Rancor as I am in the minority of folks that don't want/need one and I can pass.
I'm hyped, if there is any creature I'd give that much shelf space to, it's the rancor. Plus I'm sure some of the unlockables will be Oola and Maybe a new, proper ROTJ Luke.

Reaction score
Yeah I'm relieved. If it was a diorama I'd have been tempted (although having seen the Cantina bar, perhaps not). A rancor I can totally live without. If they do make new figures as unlockables, not a chance they'll go to all that expense and not release them later.

Of course, as soon as I see the render, I'll be first in line to hand over $500+ because I'm that weak.

Reaction score
All in for the Rancor, as far they really give us Non-UK-europeans a fair chance to get it too, as hinted 😇🙏🙏🙏

As for unlocks, I am also pretty sure, it will be Oola ( shes the 100% no-brainer ), my second guess goes to Malakili

About size, well SW-Database says, about 5 meters tall ( I always thought, the beast would be taller, about 7 to 8 meters ) Anyway, using offical numbers, 42 cm ( about 16,5 inches ) shelfspace required

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice catch Stowy! I was hoping for the Rancor. I'll have to save up.

Reaction score

02:07 slip of the tongue on a Rancor HasLab.

He did the requisite back peddling at the end of the Q&A - someone probably caught him saying it and let him know that he messed up. Because a Haslab reveal tends to be a pretty big deal that you would make on a livestream or at a live event. It seems possible that he might have genuinely made a mistake by saying that, but the cat, or more aptly - the Rancor - is out of the bag.

Reaction score
A Rancor in the 6” scale? That’s insane. I could barely fit a 3.75” scale Rancor in my collection!

I’ll have to pass on this one, but I’ll be sure to enjoy the photos others will be posting!

Reaction score
This would be a fiendishly funny misdirect.

My hunch is it’s true. The gang at Hasbro probably talks about the 6” scale rancor casually at work. Patrick slipped up talking about it that way on the live Q&A.

The Ranor alone is decently cool enough for dedicated 6” collectors as a Haslab exclusive. The stretch goals are what will push this to a wider audience. As noted above Oola seems like a no brainer.

Depending when this project goes live, we could get a mix of Return of the Jedi and The Book of Boba Fett items as add-ins for the Rancor. But how many stretch goals can there be?

Reaction score
Count me in for a 6 inch Rancor! Very cool, would look AWESOME displayed next to my legion of Gammie Guards!

Reaction score
Hey now. According to Patrick's less than believable clean-up job, don't get your hopes up because he was thinking of a different item. :LOL:

If that's true, and the Rancor isn't the Haslab item, then what item could he have been thinking about that would cause him to be thinking about the Rancor? :unsure:

Reaction score
Hey now. According to Patrick's less than believable clean-up job, don't get your hopes up because he was thinking of a different item. :LOL:

If that's true, and the Rancor isn't the Haslab item, then what item could he have been thinking about that would cause him to be thinking about the Rancor? :unsure:

Jabba's throne room WITH rancor pit - Castle Grayskull/Snake Mountain style

Reaction score
Nice one Patrick :giggle:

Was hoping it would be a Rancor so happy days! Just hope the price is acceptable

Reaction score
A Haslab Rancor is probably the only way we'd see a 6" Oola come to fruition, based on how Hasbro currently treats Slave Leia. I can't imagine Hasbro ever releasing the figure of a slave girl with see-through clothing at mass retail when they will no longer release a more-clothed character who essentially took the place of Oola in the film. It would be Haslab, or nothing.

I do hope she's an unlockable - Oola is deserving of both a BS 6" figure and a TVC 3.75" figure, and she's one of my top wants in both categories.

Reaction score
A Haslab Rancor is probably the only way we'd see a 6" Oola come to fruition, based on how Hasbro currently treats Slave Leia. I can't imagine Hasbro ever releasing the figure of a slave girl with see-through clothing at mass retail when they will no longer release a more-clothed character who essentially took the place of Oola in the film. It would be Haslab, or nothing.

I do hope she's an unlockable - Oola is deserving of both a BS 6" figure and a TVC 3.75" figure, and she's one of my top wants in both categories.

I do believe you are right on the money there. With how things are currently within entertainment etc. there is no way any big company would release a slave, even less a scantily clad slave female. Unless it's through crowdfunding like Haslab and the slave part is not mentioned, and perhaps we will even see the most clothed Oola we have ever seen. (IF it is a Rancor, with stretch goals like Oola, the keeper, etc)
However I believe Disney is the one who has the biggest issue with that word though.

Reaction score
Yet Mattel is till allowed to sell Beach Fun Barbie? lol

In Oola's case she just can't catch a break because not only is she a slave but also a dancer who's scantily dressed, and actually had a booby slip back in the day. I truly feel we were lucky to have gotten that Oola update from Jabba's throne set when we did, and I was quite surprised on how they designed it even back then. A fully nude sculpt with SG's clothing was a genius move simply due to how versatile the mold would have been for characters like Ann and Tan Gella if they had ever done those two, as well as a few others.

That certainly wouldn't be done today and if they did ever do Oola in 6'' scale I suspect the clothing would be sculpted on, although if it were an unlock in HasLab at least it wouldn't ever hit store shelves thus be open to scrutiny by the masses. It would essentially be a niche item that only a few would know about.

Reaction score
I can totally pass on a rancor but would immediately buy an Oola figure.

I'd be way more interested in Haslab items that were specific dioramas.
Like, any sort of Death Star or Bespin hallways or something like that.
Cantina, Jabba's Palace would be cool.

Reaction score
Patrick having a Jiang Wen moment...

I'll probably be lured into a 6" Rancor, especially if the pack-in figures are appealing. I don't think that Oola is unmakeable because of her slave status or her scantily clad body, but because she's a super minor character who would be lucky to crack the list of top 10 most needed figures for a 6" Jabba's Palace scene. This would be the perfect time to get her out there -- and, if they do, I bet she's the most distant stretch goal to egg on the purchases.

Anyway, the big issue for me (besides seeing whether the price is fair, obviously) will be the size of the thing. I know where I might be able to display it, but if it's too big for even that space...I'll have to reconsider.

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are so worked up about. Clearly "The Rancor" refers to a certain character from a certain The Bad Batch episode.

Spoiler:  
Star-Wars-The-Bad-Batch-Rancor-Muchi.jpg

Reaction score
I can only hope this will come with at least two, hopefully three (I know that’s probably a big stretch-big stretch goal okay I’ll stop) because my Jabbas palace diorama is looking pretty empty. But with bib coming and then hopefully at least a couple figures in this set that will look really nice. There are soooo many Jabbas aliens I would love to see in 6” scale. They could do a whole year of just Jabbas palace aliens and that would be fine by me. At least half a year…

Reaction score
Remember too, a couple years back, Hasbro had that custom 6inch rancor pit diorama on display at I believe a toy fair. It showcased a custom 6 in scale 3D printed rancor and Bib along with a new Jabba's palace Luke.

Flash forward and we got the new Luke and Bib was announced. I'm sure the rancor is next.

Reaction score
Rancor confirmed in New York Times article (along with ML Galactus):

Next up: Hasbro is planning a crowdfunding project for the Rancor from “Return of the Jedi,” the first product from its premier Star Wars: The Black Series line to appear on HasLab. The company also teased an image of Galactus, a supervillain from Marvel Comics, as a toy that looks large enough to consume an actual planet.

So much for secrecy!

Reaction score

Next up: Hasbro is planning a crowdfunding project for the Rancor from “Return of the Jedi,” the first product from its premier Star Wars: The Black Series line to appear on HasLab. The company also teased an image of Galactus, a supervillain from Marvel Comics, as a toy that looks large enough to consume an actual planet.

So much for secrecy!

An article in the NY Times seems like about as solid of a confirmation as you're going to get! I'm just wondering what the price tag is going to be?

Reaction score

So much for secrecy!
Well Galactus is on Pulse already, crickets on the Rancor...
plus it looks like they've already made a finished prototype. Don't the Haslab projects usually start off as just renders until they get enough backing?

Reaction score
Further confirmation from StarWars.com, posted by Yakface. Likely a few weeks away from the "official" reveal and order-open (probably Hasbro Pulse Con).

Reaction score
“Following the success of the previous two HasLab campaigns for Star Wars: The Vintage Collection, our team is so thrilled to offer fans the first-ever HasLab project from The Black Series – the Rancor!” says Michael Ballog, Hasbro’s vice president for the Star Wars brand. “We hope fans of The Black Series line are prepared for this iconic creature to join their 6-inch-scale collections.”

Reaction score
Looks like it's now been "officially" confirmed via StarWars.com, that this year's Black Series Haslab project will be the Rancor from Return of the Jedi. I suppose they had no choice, but to announce, after Patrick's faux pas during one of the Hasbro Q&As yesterday.

Haslab-Rancor-Featured-Resized.jpg

From the press release:

The towering hulk of muscle who greeted Luke Skywalker in the shadowy pit beneath Jabba the Hutt’s throne room is poised to make a comeback.​
Although bested by the Jedi in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, this morning Hasbro announced plans to bring the sharp-toothed beast into the 6-inch scale Star Wars: The Black Series line if the brand’s next HasLab crowd-funded campaign reaches its target for production.​
“Following the success of the previous two HasLab campaigns for Star Wars: The Vintage Collection, our team is so thrilled to offer fans the first-ever HasLab project from The Black Series – the Rancor!” says Michael Ballog, Hasbro’s vice president for the Star Wars brand. “We hope fans of The Black Series line are prepared for this iconic creature to join their 6-inch-scale collections.”
In 2018, HasLab launched with Jabba’s sail barge, the Khetanna, which set sail with just under 10,000 backers. Then in 2020, HasLab added the Razor Crest from The Mandalorian, generating enough backers for production in just over a day.​
Check back on StarWars.com for more details on this exciting new announcement in the weeks ahead, then make like Malakili the rancor keeper to secure your own prized pet.​

Last edited:
Reaction score
Now that Marvel has revealed Galactus as their Haslab at $399, and being HUUUUGE!!! I think it's safe (hopefully) to bet that the Rancor will not be as steep in price? Then again... licensing fee and all...

Do any of you think they will price the rancor the same or below that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I already have the big 1:18 Rancor I'd like to see comparison pictures. (Do I need to rebuild Jabba's palace (again)):ROFLMAO: