Ralph McQuarrie & The Clone Wars

Reaction score
Ralph McQuarrie & The Clone Wars

Hey everyone,

Check out the following link to a pic by pic look at Ralph McQuarrie's influence noticed throughout The Clone Wars Theatrical trailer by Paul Bateman of Dreams & Visions Press. (as well as a couple other tidbits) It's sure to spark some fun conversations, prognostications and ruminations on the upcoming flick. Make sure to thank Jimmy Mac for making sure we got this posted!

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Ralph_McQuarries_Influence_Thoughout_The_Clone_Wars_Trailer_115235.asp

Reaction score
Re: Ralph McQuarrie & The Clone Wars

Cool article. McQuarrie's mastery shines once again.

Thanks for the update, Mike!

- Justin

Reaction score

If they put this much visual work in the series as they are for the movie, there will be very few things like it on TV.

And in my opinion the more McQuarrie the better.

Reaction score

We all know that George Lucas never gets rid of a good idea. So, I'm sure they will be finding ways to work in all kinds of "new" McQuarrie concepts and ideas

Reaction score

Wow, if that work wasn't made for those purposes, I would say that is a complete rip-off. But I bet that it wasn't even as much as a nod to Ralph, as it was just using good material and being smart about it.

Nice job to the compiler of that data.

And I still bet that is not Tarkin. It might be after all, but I'm just not seeing it. Like I said before; in a over-the-top stylized look of the Clone Wars, Tarkin would look like a skeleton with cheek bones you could breach a hull with.

Reaction score

Cramer said:
Like I said before; in a over-the-top stylized look of the Clone Wars, Tarkin would look like a skeleton with cheek bones you could breach a hull with.
But this is a younger Tarkin, so he would not be any more skeletal than the guy in RotS, would it?

Reaction score

It could very well be Tarkin. He was working within the Republic military when it was a bunch of volunteer groups between Episodes I and II, depending on how much attention they are paying to the EU in the Clone Wars. He's featured in the novel Rogue Planet. So I think it could very well be Tarkin. And a Clone Wars-ified Tarkin could look a little different but still keep the look. I guess we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I noticed the Legacy crest in the Jedi armor a while back. I think it's pretty cool, but that's just me.