R7-D4 - Plo Koon's Astromech Droid - CW64

GNT

Reaction score
R7-D4 - Plo Koon\'s Astromech Droid - CW64

Entertainment Earth have R7-D4 aka Plo Koon's Astromech listed as the 64th figure in the Clone Wars line.

Any thoughts on seeing this figure?

Reaction score
Re: R7-D4 - Plo Koon\'s Astromech Droid - CW64

Great. All for it! If we could just get Kit Fisto's droid as well, we'll be caught up. They should have droids ready to go for when a jedi's vehicle is released.

Reaction score

Nice, Right now we have R2 in the PK fighter (he looks good in there). So we would welcome the red/white droid.

Reaction score

Won't pick it up, the Astromechs are just pointless figures for me, if they were like 4$ or whatever currency lower than normal figures, I might consider getting them but otherwise no.

Reaction score

DeltaSquadSev11 said:
Won't pick it up, the Astromechs are just pointless figures for me, if they were like 4$ or whatever currency lower than normal figures, I might consider getting them but otherwise no.
I agree, I'm tired of these cheap droid repaints.

Reaction score

I love Plo and I have his starfighter so I guess I don't really have a choice, do I?

But I feel you on the price issue... one astromech doesnt seem like a killer value at the same price point as the other figures... never really has!

Reaction score

CaptainRex2a said:
I preordered it and I will buy the Plo's starfighter soon.
...Where can you pre-order just this astromech?

pod

Reaction score

I'm pretty excited about this guy! I wish we were getting Kit Fisto's droid R6-H5 first. R7 is a must have for his famous throw-down with R2-D2 in the Jedi temple.

I agree that its time that Hasbro does a retool to finally give us a CW R5 or R4 type dome. There's been a few good ones that have made it into the show.

Reaction score

MaxGoof said:
CaptainRex2a said:
I preordered it and I will buy the Plo's starfighter soon.
...Where can you pre-order just this astromech?
I think you can only pre-order the wave. Which in this case would be wave 12. I ordered this wave as well. I like the astromech. I believe their is only 6, including r7-d4, so I don't sense chicanery like I do in other types of figures... Clones..

GNT

Reaction score

So what colours are this droid?

Reaction score

GNT said:
It's this droid. NOTE: The name of this droid was changed recently to R7-F5 so Hasbro must have planned this figure before the name got changed.

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
I love Plo and I have his starfighter so I guess I don't really have a choice, do I?

But I feel you on the price issue... one astromech doesnt seem like a killer value at the same price point as the other figures... never really has!
To be fair, the CW astromechs have generally been a much better value than their counterparts in the realistic lines. You get a pop-up periscope that still allows the head to turn completely when up OR down; you get a tow cable that winds up & can be concealed; you get a removable middle leg; you get TWO pop-open panels with utility arms, and the panels are independent of each other (unlike VOTC R2's single removable double-panel). CW Astromech features should be the gold standard of ALL astromechs in any line; if Hasbro's just gonna use the VOTC, G9, or BAD molds, they REALLY, REALLY need to add in more value, like scenery pieces, repainted R2-B1 charging stations, other accessories.

BaR2-D2 is a small step towards improvement, with his new proportions and all, but the movement-impairing (and inaccurately placed) periscope/3rd-leg feature and ungainly chest-arm aren't really good for other astromechs, or other versions of R2 himself.

Dear Hasbro, please model a new, basic R2-D2 for TVC based on the CW R2-D2 features, but with the proportions ONLY of the new ROTJ R2, and I'll buy a dozen of them repainted as other astromechs going forward. Thank you.

(and I'll probably get Plo's droid here, tho I also wanna get the Walmart blue one from a few years ago to use in his CW fighter, too)

Reaction score

is that droid painted in the Alabama Crimson Tide color scheme?

maybe its a coincidence...

Reaction score

Another Astromech for my collection. Hopefully it's as abundant as ashoka's astromech.

I'll have to pick up 2 of these.

Reaction score

DeltaSquadSev11 said:
GNT said:
It's this droid. NOTE: The name of this droid was changed recently to R7-F5 so Hasbro must have planned this figure before the name got changed.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, DeltaSquadSev11. I checked "R7-F5" in Wookieepedia and was redirected to R7-D4, so did you mean to say that the name of this droid was changed recently from R7-F5?

Reaction score

LordEdzo said:
DeltaSquadSev11 said:
GNT said:
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, DeltaSquadSev11. I checked "R7-F5" in Wookieepedia and was redirected to R7-D4, so did you mean to say that the name of this droid was changed recently from R7-F5?
Woops, yeah your right. Got mixed up with the Lego version as they named theirs "R7-F5"

Reaction score

j30spiff said:
The official Astromech Droid of the Crimson Tide?
I think so.

Something tells me one of the folks behind the scenes of TCW is a fan of the Tide. I wonder if there's an elephantine Chevin Jedi named Al somewhere in the galaxy too?

Reaction score

It's a red & white droid... I hardly think that makes it an automatic nod to Crimson Tide.

Reaction score

That looks like maroon and white to me... chocolate brown doesn't have the red tint that color does.

Reaction score

You can also get a good look at his dome in the Season 1 Y-Wing episode.

GNT

Reaction score

Looks ok, something different in the droids rank.

Reaction score

And now every Jedi Starfighter has a droid co-pilot (Except Kit Fisto).

Reaction score

Just a little disappointed.. I'm kinda wanted an upgrade rather than the same astromech repaint.

Reaction score

It's nice for what it is. I am a bit tired of the maroon color scheme between this on and Kenobi's astromech though.

Reaction score

it still looks like a U of Alabama droid to me

I have it pre-ordered.

this wasn't always the color scheme of Plo Koon's droid, was it? I could swear Hasbro made an astromech a few years back in the realistic line in totally different colors than this. I could be wrong though.

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
Haha, it does!
It's definitely a cool looking droid, but I haven't picked up any TCW droids yet (can't stand that sharp edged look on the front design that makes them look like they have 2 arrows, 1 pointing up & 1 pointing down), so I'm not gonna start now. Still though, like I said, a nice piece; if I were a thorough TCW collector, I'd most likely grab it.

pod

Reaction score

Maynard said:
Wookie_inked said:
Haha, it does!
R4-P17 is way more Alabama red than R7, which is brown.

This does get me think about how cool it would be for Hasbro to make a line of licensed droids in various college and pro sports teams colors. As long as the minimized the actual team logo (maybe just put it on a stand), they'd make some interesting background droids.

Reaction score

pod said:
R4-P17 is way more Alabama red than R7, which is brown.

This does get me think about how cool it would be for Hasbro to make a line of licensed droids in various college and pro sports teams colors. As long as the minimized the actual team logo (maybe just put it on a stand), they'd make some interesting background droids.
Actually, you're right. R7-D4 is much closer to being an A&M Aggies mascot than Alabama's. At first I though maybe, BC or UMass, but I think it fits the best......

Reaction score

Maynard said:
Actually, you're right. R7-D4 is much closer to being an A&M Aggies mascot than Alabama's. At first I though maybe, BC or UMass, but I think it fits the best......
yeah, okay, I concede, you are correct there, very TX A&M...

and I forgot about R4-P17's color scheme but it is closer to the Crimson Tide colors.