R7-A7 (Ahsoka's Droid) - CW43

GNT

Reaction score
R7-A7 (Ahsoka\'s Droid) - CW43

New pictures have popped up online of Ahsoka's droid R7-A7...

So who's going to be picking him up?

Reaction score
Re: R7-A7 - Ahsoka\'s Droid

Makes sense. We've got her starfighter, might as well have the droid to go with it.

Reaction score

When made Goldie, I was sure that they would have many Astromech repaints out. So I'm surprised that it has taken this long. Still a welcomed addition.

Unless of course R4 follows in the footsteps of Goldie, Denal and Ponds.

Reaction score

I'm totally up for this. I love the look of the droids in the Clone Wars, and I really need some other than R2 and Goldie to plug into my Y-Wing and Jedi Fighters.

Reaction score

It's nice they're doing this - dunno if I'll try to get one though, not a huge astromech fan. I would've thought more would appear after Goldie, kinda surprising they haven't.

Reaction score

Cyclone said:
When made Goldie, I was sure that they would have many Astromech repaints out. So I'm surprised that it has taken this long. Still a welcomed addition.

Unless of course R4 follows in the footsteps of Goldie, Denal and Ponds.
...you mean 'dying'?

I'd rather call her droid R4, too. Stupid writing staff. R7? R8? BLAH. I prefer the loooooooooong-standing EU tradition of different headshape = different R#. All the individual stuff comes in the 2nd part of the designation. Nicknames can be unrelated to the designation ("Whistler", "Goldie", "Mynock"), from the first part ("Artoo", "Arfour"), from the second part ("Gate"). That's like saying no other protocol droid should be a Threepio because OOOO it's TOOOOOO CONFOOOOOOOOOZING if someone calls for C-3PO and someone else is talking to K-3PO. It SHOULD be confusing sometimes. There's a bit of humor in it. R2-D2 shouldn't be the only R2-unit that's called "Artoo" by his pilot/colleagues/friends.

In my little rant, I forgot to remark on the droid itself... I'll probably pass. I wasn't too crazy about the deco on Ahsoka's droid. If/when they get to Mace's droid, I'll pick one up. If the 'new' R2-D2 looks good, I may get him (loved the 1st release, though I felt his dome was too blue).

I'm still mostly waiting for that blue Senate R5 from "Hostage Crisis" (and the blue protocol droid, too). There were a few neat astromechs in "R2 Come Home" as well. Loved how Artoo shoved 'em all outta the way to deliver his message.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
I'd rather call her droid R4, too. Stupid writing staff. R7? R8? BLAH. I prefer the loooooooooong-standing EU tradition of different headshape = different R#.
I agree Toon, but we have to accept this naming convention is an EU construct that was never accurate to the movies even from day one. In ANH, Luke calls the droid we all refer to as R5-D4 and R2 unit. As I recall, the first references to that droid even designated him R2 something (I forget the number now), although in time and with the release of the Kenner toy, R5-D4 stuck. I'm sure we can come up with rationalisations around it and Luke's "mistake" but the point I'm trying to make is, strictly speaking, the R# based on dome shape was always a flawed rule that didn't fit the films anyways, so we can't really blame Lucas for not adhering to it subsequently.

GNT

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
Makes sense. We've got her starfighter, might as well have the droid to go with it.
Exactly, her droid should've been released when her Starfighter hit retail.

Reaction score

I believe that there is user on this or some other board with the user name: 'allastromechswellcome', I agree with him

Reaction score

Does anyone have (or know where I can find) a complete list of all of the astromech droids made throughout the hasbro lines (or at least since 2006?)

Thanks,
Steve

Reaction score

Nice Custom KesselRunImports! I still don't beleive Hasbro didn't start the astromech repaints earliers in the line. They could have had one in every wave!

GNT

Reaction score

Mildoo said:
They could have had one in every wave!
They could if they wanted, they can milk the sculpt for everything it's worth and give us all the droids for each of the Jedi.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: R7-A7 (Ahsoka\'s Droid) - CW43

New pictures have popped up online over at Sandtroopers.com of Ahsoka's droid R7-A7...

Thoughts on this one?

Reaction score

I surely woud buy this droid if I had Ahsoka starfighter.

Reaction score

I like the colors they used for this droid, but it really needs an accessory, even a tiny holo figure would do. $8 for a small repainted figure just isnt a value by any calculation. I know these repaints are pure profit for Hasbro and thats why they do it, but an accessory isnt too much to ask for with these droids...

Reaction score

the more Astro Droids the merrier for me.... I love me some more Astro's.....

Reaction score

SWPredalien said:
I surely woud buy this droid if I had Ahsoka starfighter.
It was the other way around for me. Now with this one I'm going to buy Ahsoka's starfighter.

Reaction score

My daughter will go nuts for this one, she likes the various astro droids. I did the call sign R7-A7!

Which episode(s) did this droid show up in? I can't remember it at all (in fact I only vaguely recall Snips even flying her own fighter). Was the droid seen outside the fighter?

And I agree, why haven't they repainted the CW astromech a bunch more times ?? It seems like a given but so far this is only #3.

Reaction score

pass, but i wouldnt mind a goldie. Would like to see some differnt droids as well.

Reaction score

I have all but stopped collecting CW figures, but if it involvs another astromech, I am all in. I like the color scheme, kind of reminds me of the washington redskins colors. I will deffinatly be picking up 3 or 4 of these. Mainly becuase I did the same with Goldie and now he is sold out everywhere and there is still a high demand for him. I think Astromechs are probably one of the better selling figures and if I could pick some more up for trade fodder, it would help me out all that much more!

Bottom line, I like this little guy and can't wait to see him out in the wild if I get lucky enough.

Reaction score

since astromechs are one of the few CW figs i buy, adding it to the list.

Reaction score

Really shocked to see this one coming out. Hasbro has said no Astro's for the past year or so and in less half a year we get 3 new droids. She will be welcomed into my collection!

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
Which episode(s) did this droid show up in? I can't remember it at all (in fact I only vaguely recall Snips even flying her own fighter). Was the droid seen outside the fighter?

R7-A7's most prominent appearance was in the storm over ryloth ep from S1. you can see R7 out of the fighter when it was being slotted in and out.. R7 was also ahsoka's astro when she used a y-wing from the same ep.

Reaction score

Definite buy. I love me some astromechs!!
-----------------------
"He's no good to me dead."

GNT

Reaction score

Halomite said:
Really shocked to see this one coming out. Hasbro has said no Astro's for the past year or so and in less half a year we get 3 new droids.
One thing you learn after all these years is to never take Hasbro's word as the final word, usually when they say they aren't making it they usually are...Falcon anyone?

Reaction score

GNT said:
Halomite said:
Really shocked to see this one coming out. Hasbro has said no Astro's for the past year or so and in less half a year we get 3 new droids.
One thing you learn after all these years is to never take Hasbro's word as the final word, usually when they say they aren't making it they usually are...Falcon anyone?
QFT. Cloud Car? Yarna?

Reaction score

Ahhhh very very cool to see the screen caps of it. I need to go pull up the season 1 DVDs to rewatch that episode now.
Thanks for the guidance!

capt_kulas said:
Wookie_inked said:

R7-A7's most prominent appearance was in the storm over ryloth ep from S1. you can see R7 out of the fighter when it was being slotted in and out.. R7 was also ahsoka's astro when she used a y-wing from the same ep.

Reaction score

While I'd rather it was Realistic, I'll probably buy it if I can find one. I'm a sucker for Astromechs!

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
Ahhhh very very cool to see the screen caps of it. I need to go pull up the season 1 DVDs to rewatch that episode now.
Thanks for the guidance!
you're welome! i just got R4 and will definitely get R7. now i need R8, i think im hooked on these guys