R6-W1CH Halloween Droid

Reaction score
The droid is available on Magical Ears Collectibles. $19.99 each. While stock remains.

(It may be a few bucks higher, and shipping is kinda high, but this may be the only chance to get it.)

Warning...Price jumped up to $26.99 on Magical Ears Collectibles, after it was $19.99 all morning. Quite scummy they raised the price. If you missed out on the cheaper price, don't give your money to them. These tasteless tactics are so sickening.

Reaction score
I got mine the other day from MDS Collectibles. This is a fun droid. I like the color scheme and the new witch hat piece is pretty nice. Not sure what others have noticed but this one also seems pretty sturdy, the legs are not soft and rubbery like some of the last few have been, at least in my experience.

I hope those still waiting will be able to snag one of these.

Reaction score
Still a while until Halloween actually hits so I'm not going to write off being able getting this quite yet.

Reaction score
I love the new R6-W1CH this year (so much better than last year's pumpkin, but 2019's skeleton may be my favorite)

Darth Ray,

R2-BOO is still my favorite, mainly cuz I loved the color scheme, and that it's not trying to look like a specific "thing". But the R5 is pretty nice too. It does well walking that fine line of looking like a specific thing, while also looking like it could have easily appeared in the films.

Reaction score
Going off the progression so far, it looks like the next Halloween Droids will be an R7, R8 & R9 (excluding BB Droids)

Reaction score
Was personally never a fan of the R7 and R8 domes. Too EU-ish for my tastes, heh. What I would love for them to do on both the next Halloween and Xmas droids, is to revisit the very first design motifs, but flip the colors around. For example, an R2-BOO with a purple base body and orange/green/black panels, and R2-H16 w/ a green base body and red/white/gold panels. Similar to this mock up I posted a couple years ago:

R2-H16-3.jpg

Reaction score
Popped into the last remaining Brick and Mortar Disney store here and sadly to the news that they are closing. Was hoping to find this in store today.

Reaction score
I don't think that these were ever in the Disney Stores, just the park (Calf/Florida) stores. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Reaction score
I don't think that these were ever in the Disney Stores, just the park (Calf/Florida) stores. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I believe these are Park exclusives. Which would rule out all the mall Disney stores, which all seem to be closing anyway.

SOME have made it to the brick & mortar stores. If I remember correctly it was a couple of the Star Wars day (May the Fourth) releases, & some of the movie sets. I remember being shocked to find them at the store here in Austin (It is actually just outside Austin in Round Rock & part of a huge Outlet store mall). The manager said they get a lot of things other stores don’t because of the volume of sales they do, & that they are about as far as you can get from either park without being close to one.

Reaction score
Yes, I believe the parks would send their overstock to the retail outlets around the country when it was time to phase them out of the parks. Early last year, the Disney Store at the outlet mall in my area had a bunch of the TLJ 2-pack, and the Clone Wars 4-pack, both at a discounted price (IIRC, $9.99 and $17.99 respectively)

Reaction score
Not anymore. The R6-W1CH Droid is now listed at the $29.99 price on the WDW website.

I loathe this so much but it's actually cheaper to buy it on eBay right now.

That's the second 3rd party seller to raise their price after originally having it at a lower price. That's so disgusting. Wow!

Reaction score
I'll be in the parks this weekend and will be in a trading mood when I get back... PM me if you want to discuss.

Reaction score
These third party websites aren't any better than the folks on ebay - they're all scalpers, lol. Whether you double the MSRP as a fixed price, or fluctuate based on demand - we shouldn't be promoting them or giving them business, its one of the reasons they're so hard to find. I'm hoping Disney finds a decent solution for these exclusives, so more consumers have access - I'd like to see Target carry them.

Reaction score
They are not scalpers...... Looks at new droid with still attached bloody child's hand still holding the card. 🖐 🧛‍♂️

OK maybe they are, but these actually are hard to get. 😄

Reaction score
I'm hoping Disney finds a decent solution for these exclusives, so more consumers have access - I'd like to see Target carry them.
Oh, you mean like selling them on their own website and being available for more than 20 minutes? And even if Target carried them, it would wind up the same scenario of landing on Ebay for double because they'd sell out just as fast there too.

Reaction score
It sure is strange that Disney hasn’t made this droid nor the last one available online.

Reaction score
Oh, you mean like selling them on their own website and being available for more than 20 minutes? And even if Target carried them, it would wind up the same scenario of landing on Ebay for double because they'd sell out just as fast there too.

Growing a bit salty, are we? 😝 C'mon look at it this way, if a retail partner jumps in, the production numbers would soar at the very least, which brings more opportunity to obtain them. Scalpers will always be around, but at least companies like Target are making an effort to slow them down. Their action is the primary reason I was able to get the proto Boba, unlike Vader, because they limited in-store pickup and pulls from the stockroom to 1 per person to stop hoarding. I was there to witness it locally, a guy asked an employee to track it down, and said, "I'll take the whole case" - if those kind of people don't have self restraint, nor care about fellow collectors, maybe retailers can make the difference from now on. I'm hoping for more progress, so I'm staying positive.

Reaction score
Well, an item is only worth what a person is willing to pay. So you can't really go by the opening bid amount that sellers set. You have to look at the completed auctions to really gauge the value. And looking at the most recent completed auctions, even loose samples of this droid are getting bid all the way up to $140+. So there really is an exceptional demand there for this particular figure.

The lesson learned is that when Disney inevitably does another pride-themed droid, don't sleep on it if you have even the tiniest amount of interest!

That's crazy I regret not picking up any. Every store in Disney World was overflowing with these droids. They did not sell out in the parks so it's shocking they're hitting $140 + loose. I could have easily make a few hundred-thousand dollars after the discount.

Reaction score
That's crazy I regret not picking up any. Every store in Disney World was overflowing with these droids. They did not sell out in the parks so it's shocking they're hitting $140 + loose. I could have easily make a few hundred-thousand dollars after the discount.
If you are referring to the R2-RN8W, I only saw them in one store in Orlando Hollywood Studios and it wasn't in Galaxy's Edge or Tatooine Traders. They had a rack of them (and I now wish I had purchased the lot), but they weren't plentiful that I saw.

Reaction score
If you are referring to the R2-RN8W, I only saw them in one store in Orlando Hollywood Studios and it wasn't in Galaxy's Edge or Tatooine Traders. They had a rack of them (and I now wish I had purchased the lot), but they weren't plentiful that I saw.

I saw them in Epcot, Hollywood, and Magic Kingdom. I hardly go to AK so I can't report there. I saw R2-RN8W at a few deluxe resorts as well. I go to Disney at least 1-2 times a week. The R2-RN8W was overflowing at a few locations for awhile and assumed they would end up the same fate as the rest of the holiday droids at the factory stores.

Reaction score
I saw them in Epcot, Hollywood, and Magic Kingdom. I hardly go to AK so I can't report there. I saw R2-RN8W at a few deluxe resorts as well. I go to Disney at least 1-2 times a week. The R2-RN8W was overflowing at a few locations for awhile and assumed they would end up the same fate as the rest of the holiday droids at the factory stores.
I'm shocked actually that this is the case. I was in the parks May 14 and looked (and asked around in Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios and saw them in one store: Keystone Clothiers. Another poster mentioned he was there June 30 and was told they dried up "a couple weeks earlier". You're the first account I've heard of them being out in any kind of numbers I believe.

I'd give this droid about a window of 1 month then before it's gone.

Reaction score
Growing a bit salty, are we? 😝 C'mon look at it this way, if a retail partner jumps in, the production numbers would soar at the very least, which brings more opportunity to obtain them. Scalpers will always be around, but at least companies like Target are making an effort to slow them down. Their action is the primary reason I was able to get the proto Boba, unlike Vader, because they limited in-store pickup and pulls from the stockroom to 1 per person to stop hoarding. I was there to witness it locally, a guy asked an employee to track it down, and said, "I'll take the whole case" - if those kind of people don't have self restraint, nor care about fellow collectors, maybe retailers can make the difference from now on. I'm hoping for more progress, so I'm staying positive.
Yes I'll admit that some of that was coming from a place of heavy sarcasm due to frustration of obtaining these. I agree any time a partnership takes place to make the items more available to a larger audience is a good thing, yet my excitement is always tempered by the scalper equation because of the fact they always seem to underestimate demand either by design or accident which create those opportunities for them to flourish while the Collector gets hosed.

I just have to keep in mind that there's always going to be an upcharge involved with any Exclusive, and the more scarce it is the higher it will be.