R6-W1CH Halloween Droid

Reaction score
And just the other day I posted about it being that time of year for the Halloween droud to be revealed. I'm glad is an astromech, ie an R unit. I figured next R u it holiday droud woyld be an R6..I was right, so next year..R7. LoL

Update...noticed the name is R6-W1CH

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was able to order the last holiday droid on ShopDisney. I think I got BB-B0020 there as well. Here's hoping!

Reaction score
Guess they’re already at parks according to Yakface and eBay already has them listed as “in hand” for $32.95… ☹️ Wonder if they really will hit shopDisney?!?

Reaction score
I would not worry about the early eBay listings, some of them are quick to list but either don’t really have it in hand or worse frauds.

If all they got is the promo picture stay away, 1 guy has in hand photos, patience is key.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh for sure! I did get an R2-RN8W a few months back for $22 all in. I regret not buying a second one to open… boy those have shot up.

Reaction score
I secured one through MDS Collectibles today. I have gotten a few droids from them previously and been impressed so far. I ordered the Droid Depot 5-pack and BB-B0020 from this site.

Reaction score
I secured one through MDS Collectibles today. I have gotten a few droids from them previously and been impressed so far. I ordered the Droid Depot 5-pack and BB-B0020 from this site.

Ahhhh...missed it!! Well, I hope these are not going to be in limited supply like the Pride R2. Those are close to $100 now. Should I wait or buy one now on eBay for 35.00?

Reaction score
Ahhhh...missed it!! Well, I hope these are not going to be in limited supply like the Pride R2. Those are close to $100 now. Should I wait or buy one now on eBay for 35.00?

Use the "Notify Me" feature on the MDS site. I got an email when both the Droid depot 5-pack and previous year's Halloween droids came back in stock on that site and was able to order. I missed R2-RN8W on the MDS site but based on the narrow window I doubt they were able to restock it on their site.

Reaction score
Got one from the same friend that grabbed the RN8W for me 😁 To be honest I’m not to crazy about the hat but that’s probably because I dislike how early all these holidays start. Don’t rush what’s left of my summer!!

A77443AA-6912-46AB-B4A8-3D978D2B0040.jpeg

Reaction score
Apparently this was restocked a short time ago on MDS Collectibles and of course I missed it yet again. Why doesn't ShopDisney stock this product? These droids never used to be difficult to get but now it is. So irritating.

Reaction score
The Pride R2 shot up in value for a few different reasons, but mostly because they underestimated the demand of LGBQT collectors. I can assure you the standard Halloween and Xmas droids will not skyrocket that much, that soon.

Reaction score
The Pride R2 shot up in value for a few different reasons, but mostly because they underestimated the demand of LGBQT collectors. I can assure you the standard Halloween and Xmas droids will not skyrocket that much, that soon.
Trouble is most ebay sellers probably reason they sold R2-RN8W too cheaply & are listing the new one at a higher price than usual.

Reaction score
Trouble is most ebay sellers probably reason they sold R2-RN8W too cheaply & are listing the new one at a higher price than usual.

Well, an item is only worth what a person is willing to pay. So you can't really go by the opening bid amount that sellers set. You have to look at the completed auctions to really gauge the value. And looking at the most recent completed auctions, even loose samples of this droid are getting bid all the way up to $140+. So there really is an exceptional demand there for this particular figure.

The lesson learned is that when Disney inevitably does another pride-themed droid, don't sleep on it if you have even the tiniest amount of interest!

Reaction score
I'll take my chances & wait till Calf gets some stock. WE might still be seeing the $32 ebay price, but its not worth much more (to me at least)

Reaction score
I lucked out & ordered 2 with damaged packaging at a reasonable price, I think I bought the last sensibly priced R2-RN8W before they shot up.

Just need the Orange & Blue Evacuation Pod R5 units & I'm up to date.

Reaction score
Hmm....my eyes may be playing tricks, but it would appear the card art for this droid is using an actual photo of the figure itself, as opposed to a simplistic CG model, like all the past holiday droids have used. An interesting first in the line...

Reaction score
I think the R2-RN8W card has a photo of the figure as well, or the prototype paint master.

Reaction score
I like the design, and the Dathomir backstory, but unless I know someone going to Disney, I wont try tracking it down. These are cute gimmicky droids, but not worth the prices on scalperbay. Likewise, I was disappointed about not being able to even have a chance at R2-RN8W, so I might not buy anymore Disney droids, and call it a day on collecting that stuff in the future.

Reaction score
Its the Playmates Star Trek "1701" syndrome.

When they make figures so limited & hard to get, it kills collectability & completism.

Reaction score
Hmm....my eyes may be playing tricks, but it would appear the card art for this droid is using an actual photo of the figure itself, as opposed to a simplistic CG model, like all the past holiday droids have used. An interesting first in the line...
BB-B0020 also had the actual droid on the card art.

Reaction score
Its the Playmates Star Trek "1701" syndrome.

When they make figures so limited & hard to get, it kills collectability & completism.

Good point - it kills it for me when something isn't obtainable at a reasonable price. I'd rather not collect than turn to scalperbay - no fun in that. I actually might purge my Star Tours collection, and move away from all the "made up" droids...

Reaction score
Well, as of Friday, these have not yet hit California. So only Florida has them. They are due to arrive here somethime this week.
CaptainYoda, do you have a contact or someone that will let you know when they hit California? I live five minutes from Disneyland and can grab a few if there is a confirmed sighting of these soon...