R5-J2

Reaction score
Re: R5-J2 - #058

I know he's an OT droid, but he's chilling with my ROTS figs!! He's going to be Tarkin's droid!! I have him walking in the procession looking over the troops!!

Reaction score

Mine is joining R2-Q5 and R4-I9 along with my big new shuttle as part of the Emperor's Arrival!!!

Reaction score

sambuca said:
Mine is joining R2-Q5 and R4-I9 along with my big new shuttle as part of the Emperor's Arrival!!!
do you have any pics?
mine is just chillin by him lonely self on my shelf; until i add him to my droid display.

Reaction score

hehe, I have mine trolling around behind two DS Gunners while Vader drones on to Veers and Jerejod.

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
looks like Hasbro didn't get the paint right. It's missing the orange stripe on it's side..
I noticed that two. The card shows the left vertical panel being orange, but the figure does not have this. I thought mine was an error so it looks as though all are like this. Thank God, because I hate having errors. I wonder if this means there are three versions of this droid out there?

Reaction score

MK17 said:
Turbowars said:
looks like Hasbro didn't get the paint right. It's missing the orange stripe on it's side..
I noticed that two. The card shows the left vertical panel being orange, but the figure does not have this. I thought mine was an error so it looks as though all are like this. Thank God, because I hate having errors. I wonder if this means there are three versions of this droid out there?
The image of R5 on the card is actually a photoshopped pic of R5-D4 with the colors swapped. http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/tsc032r5d4insert.jpg
Since R5-D4 had a vertical panel that was red, they just changed it to orange. I'm not sure if they thought it was more visually interesting or it was a mistake.

Reaction score

R5-J2 is now added to our Photo Archives:

Add another Imperial Astromech Droid to the collection!

Reaction score
I passed on this figure. Had the chance to buy one a couple of weeks ago, but I already bought five so decided that was enough for now. I'm not too big on astromech droids, but if I see it, I will probably pick it up. Just not high on my priority list.

mfk

Reaction score
I was on the fence about this little guy, but now that I actually have him, he doesn't look too damn bad....

Reaction score
you know what im wondering?
this guy is made from the votc mold and i usually see people complain when that happens as people thing the preview droid mold is nicer.
i dont really mind as both molds are pretty nice, but i really dont see why we get this cheesy little glued on panel when they use this mold?
since astromechs come with no accessories anyway why not just throw in both little tiny panels and those couple of little arms that fit in that would probably make this votc mold alot more popular.

Reaction score
One of the few droids I wish I would've bought multiples of. Black paint on this guy does wonders to make him look different.

Reaction score
you know what im wondering?
this guy is made from the votc mold and i usually see people complain when that happens as people thing the preview droid mold is nicer.
i dont really mind as both molds are pretty nice, but i really dont see why we get this cheesy little glued on panel when they use this mold?
since astromechs come with no accessories anyway why not just throw in both little tiny panels and those couple of little arms that fit in that would probably make this votc mold alot more popular.
Personally I think the VOTC mould sux, either you have pointless [I.M.H.O.] bitz 'n' bobs and assorted doodads or you have an unattractive panel covering those inputs for the aforementioned stuff.

I.M.H.O. the best mould is the R1-G4 version, but overall I like the B.A.D. version slightly better due to customisation possibilities.

Spencer?:>}