R5-J2

Reaction score
Getting this one for sure, next R5 I´d like to see, would be the black-red one of Red Leader.

Man, checking through my shelves I already have more astromechs than clones

Reaction score
With carded pics surfacing it shouldn't be long before they hit retail. Are the cardbacks pics available too?

GNT

Reaction score
Re: R5-J2 - #058

Looks great carded. Might just have to get a 2nd to open.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Looks great carded. Might just have to get a 2nd to open.
Ditto. These last waves are going to be more expensive than usual for me as I will need carded and openers for the droids and clones.

Reaction score

I was wondering when the carded pics were going to surface. Looks great.

Reaction score
sflamme said:
TK_842 said:
With carded pics surfacing it shouldn't be long before they hit retail.
Shouldn't Endor2/TPM be released before?
You're right. Still, we may see those 2 1/2 waves released close to each other, at least i wish they would be.

Reaction score

I do have to say, I am let down by the fact that these droids aren't coming packed in with any extra accessories. Hasbro finally figured out to have the Battle Droids as a 2-pack for a better deal, thus I feel there needs to be a little bit more in with the droids to justify the same $7 dollar price tag as, say, something like a Hem Dazon with all his pack-ins, or Tatooine Luke, or the next "Endor" Vader. Those item have enough plastc packed in there to make the price point valid, but I always felt that astro-droids needed a little bit more to make them worth while. Where, in the past, Hasbro has often given them something "extra", it's too bad they did not do the same here. Oh well.

Reaction score

You'd think they could actually paint the fig like the picture on the insert.
Same thing with R4-P17 from last year.

Reaction score

Gee I haven't bought a figure in ages. The 2 new astromechs will definitely be my new purchase in a long time....

Reaction score

MisterKenobi said:
You'd think they could actually paint the fig like the picture on the insert.
Same thing with R4-P17 from last year.
As I recall, the insert for R4-P17 was the same as that for R4-G9 except they altered the color from gold/bronze to maroon therefore P17's pic was inaccurate.
Also, this R5 initially was refered to as R5-A1 not R5-J2, maybe the figure is based on 1 while the insert pic is of the other.

Reaction score

there were many droids in the movies for imperials. i recall some droid looking like this in the jawa's sandcrawler i think...not sure. anyways, glad to finally be getting a bad-guy droid. too many good guy ones.

Reaction score

There are a few black astro droids in the hanger in the Emperors arrival scene in ROTJ. You can see them over on the right hand side but it is difficult to make them out.

Reaction score

Got this little guy in the mail today from bbts.com - he sure is a cool little dude!!

The paint apps are really smooth - the only complaint, he has a bad motivator too!!

Reaction score

oh yeah i didn't realize that he does have a bad motivator. but then again i just realized that r2-r9 has a pop up antenna
. other than that i can't wait for them to release more droids. now to find a carded r5-j2.

Reaction score

I can never, ever get enough droids! They have been favorites of mine since I was little. Keep bringing them Hasbro!!

Reaction score

When it comes to black astromechs, i guess all seen in the movie have been released. I wouldn't mind a clear dome R3 unit though.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Have to say that this is my favorate figure from this wave.
Mine too. I bought the entire wave carded with just a few openers, and this one was definitely one of them. Nice little fellow!

Reaction score

I don't know if he's seen in the movie, but there's another R5 next to this one in photos I've seen of the hangar deck. The other R5's notable because he's got the sparkplug-eyes of the Star Tours R5-D2!

I think this guy's great. The silver trim on mine has a hiccup dead center on the front of his head (both top & bottom trim) but I do love the extra detail on the feet. I wish they'd paint some detail on the 3rd leg of these like on R5-D4!

Reaction score

"Ending above Endor

The Empire toils to complete the second Death Star after the humiliating destruction of the first battle station by the rag tag rebels. One of the droids on the station wis R5-J2, who goes about his duties unaware that its service will be very short lived."

Awwww
w Poor little R5, he doesn't make it!! Awwww

Reaction score

I learned a little useless nugget of nerd trivia today thanks to R5-J2...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R5-J2

R5-J2 does not equal R5-A1! OMG, a little paint can go a long way!

You can see at least one of these guys on film though, as Jerjerrod is walking up to Vader's shuttle (I think).

And don't feel bad this little guy didn't make it off the DS II... he is an Imperial droid... and thus he is EVIL!
Good riddance!

Reaction score

Here I thought there were only 3 Imperial R5s... but there's 4!!!
From Astromech.net

I thought the droid on the far left was either R5-A1 or R5-J2 in my mind, but looking now I see it's neither! And the near droid which I did recognize as Imp-R5 #3 with the Star Tours 'eyes' seems to have R5-J2 deco on his body. Crazy!

Astromech.net doesn't actually have any R5-J2 photos, which makes me wonder if Hasbro invented the character & just photoshopped the images on the card. It's possible, I suppose, that they used the body deco of the 2-eyed R5 and just made the silver trim work with a 3-eyed standard head. At any rate, looks like I need a couple more J2s to customize into all these guys

Reaction score

Great figure, dark astromechs will always find a home in my collection. I hope I can find him.

Reaction score

looks like Hasbro didn't get the paint right. It's missing the orange stripe on it's side.

Reaction score

looks like Hasbro didn't get the paint right. It's missing the orange stripe on it's side..

Reaction score

I wouldn't worry too much about it... it's POSSIBLE, if not too likely, that J2's based on another actual droid that has the same deco as the 2-eyed R5 except for that orange panel on the bottom left flank. Maybe.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
I wouldn't worry too much about it... it's POSSIBLE, if not too likely, that J2's based on another actual droid that has the same deco as the 2-eyed R5 except for that orange panel on the bottom left flank. Maybe.
I'm not worried, I'm pointing out that Hasbro has a picture of a droid on the card that has a different paint app. Paint is missing here and there and panels are painted opposite from the pic to the toy. Hasbro has a hard time with these droids. I mean the damn Astro packs are all messed up.

Reaction score

When I got mine at Wally, it rang up on the cash register as "R5-A1", I thought that was interesting.

Really like this figure.

Reaction score

sambuca said:
When I got mine at Wally, it rang up on the cash register as "R5-A1", I thought that was interesting.

Really like this figure.
It was it's official name when officially annouced then changed later to R5-J2. Guess it's been in Wally's computers for a while then.