R5-BOO19

Reaction score
This is the first Halloween astromech from Disney Parks that I could see “in universe”. Great design!

Reaction score
ebay? app? in person?
tried calling the parks hotline this morning and that was a no go. The system has the item locked.

ebay will be my next attempt unless the app puts it up. The app (now merged into the Disney Park app) hasn’t had a new Star Wars item in months. They are so deathly afraid of accidentally selling a Galaxys Edge product. The parks hotline pretty much answers the phone, thank you for calling Disney parks merchandise, no we cannot sell you a galaxys edge item. Why? Because Galaxys Edge seems to be one big friggin Disney Star Wars Store. Aside from a ride or two they are trying to sell you stuff. Kind of frustrating. I have a very demanding job and it’s been a decade since I’ve taken a proper vacation. eBay has been the only spot to buy these droids. Disney is pretty stupid to not offer more to consumers who are starved for products. Hasbro is barely selling Star Wars toys and some of us would use Disney products to get our fix.

Sorry for the rant, just frustrating trying to give my money away in exchange for Star Wars toys

Last edited:
Reaction score
Checked out Star Trader in Disneyland on 8/4 and they didn't have them out yet. I'll be there again Friday and let you know if they are available in park then.

Reaction score
Agreed, much better looking than the last one! Whether I'll get one or not is a very different story. lol

Reaction score
Mine is on the way :)
I think I'll display him with the torso backwards, as it has a better 'skeleton suit' look.

Reaction score
Yes indeed, we Brits just love paying through the rectum to get our astromech fix.

Reaction score
For me it has to be a truly unique and cool looking Droid to resort to ebay. This one I can wait for the app, or when friends go down south.
I'm not that addicted. :p

Reaction score
It's worth it to me, they are the last niche of collecting I can muster that much enthusiasm for.

Reaction score
debating on whether to sell carded TVC reissues brock starsher and vixam OR trade either one for R5-B0019 and potentially the other for possible future R?-H19

Reaction score
It's worth it to me, they are the last niche of collecting I can muster that much enthusiasm for.
I concur! Collecting has become a bit less fun. The distribution and selection is so problematic. I also refuse to make the switch in scales. Some Black series stuff is cool but my collection is in 3.75" I will not move to 6"... Disney turns out some fun stuff too bad its so hard to track down sometimes!

Reaction score
I concur! Collecting has become a bit less fun. The distribution and selection is so problematic. I also refuse to make the switch in scales. Some Black series stuff is cool but my collection is in 3.75" I will not move to 6"... Disney turns out some fun stuff too bad its so hard to track down sometimes!
couldnt agree with this statement more. I’m holding off, I’ll pay about $20 for him. Either app or when eBay prices drop. Last year I made the mistake of buying very early and (in my opinion) overpaying. The Disney droids have been something to look forward to, it’s just a point of getting them!

Reaction score
I picked up an extra figure when I stopped at DW this weekend, can help someone out, cost and shipping. Shoot me PM if interested.

Reaction score
The droid is spoken for but if I can get back to DW, I'll pick up a couple more and try and help you out.

Reaction score
I really like this one. Best Halloween droid since the original R2-B00 in 2016 IMO, I wasn't a huge fan of either 17 or 18 really.
I love to see a full size version of these in Galaxy's Edge.

Reaction score
And the thing is, if Hasbro was paying attention to how popular Droids are. And how much these fetch on ebay, because not everyone has access to Disney shops. They could literally make a killing selling these guys themselves!

Considering how much Hasbro loves issuing repaints/repacks, I cannot believe that they don't see the potential in releasing more Droids than they do. Especially if they could charge $15-20 for them!

Granted, it still wouldn't help you guys overseas much. I just don't like depending on the House of mouse for all my Droid needs, and even they have slowed down.

Reaction score
Thankfully!
I do stick to film-canon astromech repaints - no ugly R6's or 7's here. Didn't do a lot of the protocol droids either.

Reaction score
And the thing is, if Hasbro was paying attention to how popular Droids are. And how much these fetch on ebay, because not everyone has access to Disney shops. They could literally make a killing selling these guys themselves!

Considering how much Hasbro loves issuing repaints/repacks, I cannot believe that they don't see the potential in releasing more Droids than they do. Especially if they could charge $15-20 for them!

Granted, it still wouldn't help you guys overseas much. I just don't like depending on the House of mouse for all my Droid needs, and even they have slowed down.
hasbro is really missing the boat on astromechs. They could complete D-squad. They could throw us a few more background droids. Then add a few new droid sculpts from solo, TFA and TLJ.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I really like this one. Best Halloween droid since the original R2-B00 in 2016 IMO, I wasn't a huge fan of either 17 or 18 really.
I love to see a full size version of these in Galaxy's Edge.
his is an awesome idea! Have your picture taken with it, and then people would want the toy even more! Just repaint it every year (or build an army of them!!!)

T

Reaction score
Thankfully!
I do stick to film-canon astromech repaints - no ugly R6's or 7's here. Didn't do a lot of the protocol droids either.
We have that in common, though R6s (which I actually really dig) are movie canon since TFA, DS. Thankfully the ugly R7s remain Legends at this point. ;)

Completely agree that Hasbro is leaving money on the table with all those unproduced droid figures. There are plenty that have been ignored in the tv shows. Most recently Resistance has brought us so many cool new designs, too.

Reaction score
To each their own! I really like the R7, R8, and R9 units. I feel like the diversity of droid appearances is neat and throughout the story upgrades and new models would show up. I am looking forward to Holiday droid with those "Legends" models. Fingers crossed!

Reaction score
It's really only the R7s that offend my sensibilities. I think the R8s and R9s do quite a good job of fitting in with what was established in the films, and the R6s especially which is why I was delighted to see them incorporated into onscreen canon. They don't have the same aesthetic that links the other astromechs in my opinion, but as you say, each to their own. :)

In any case, on topic, R5-BOO19 is awesome and one of the best entries in the holiday droid series, functioning well as a conceivable onscreen background robot and yet also having a clever Halloween twist. I hope we get more in this vein in future.

Reaction score
I should have clarified, I do not buy ST merchandise - with the exception of the droids from Disney that may qualify as off-screen OT! It's exhausting this hobby! :grin:

pod

Reaction score
That's one sweet droid. Inspired me to pick boo18 off ebay for $13 shipped.

Reaction score
I'll have to swing over to Disney Springs sometime, whenever this is available. Though it's a bit of a drive for me to buy one droid, I'm not sure if I can time it just right to get this and whatever holiday droid comes out at the same time.

I really like this "skeleton costume" deco on the R5!

Reaction score
This droid is great!
I wasn't expecting him to glow in the dark too, so that's a happy bonus.
I love the way the back panels are painted like an exaggerated version of the front, so he can be displayed in 'normal' or 'costume' modes.
One of the best droid factory droids for a while.

Reaction score
To each their own! I really like the R7, R8, and R9 units. I feel like the diversity of droid appearances is neat and throughout the story upgrades and new models would show up. I am looking forward to Holiday droid with those "Legends" models. Fingers crossed!
I too am a little more open minded when it comes to different styles, though R8 units look too much like a refuse container/trash bin. With that dome. I dig the R9 dome because while similar, it's also different at the same time. R6 is close enough to R5's to be acceptable.

I'm actually glad that Disney even made them considering their stance on EU.

Any idea when they plan to make this one available online, closer to Halloween?

Reaction score
Looks like he's out of stock since I can't check out with just one of him. Been waiting for him online and the one night I don't check...BAM!

Reaction score
Looks like he's out of stock since I can't check out with just one of him. Been waiting for him online and the one night I don't check...BAM!

Brute force continually clicking on checkout eventually got me through.

Reaction score
Thank you to Scoundrel for grabbing me one! Love this figure. Guys like him are what make these boards a fun place. Scammers helping scummers!

Reaction score
If you need one, I got three remaining from my haul at Downtown Disney to help others. My cost of $14 (after tax) + actual postage. Hit me up if you're interested.