R2-SHW - VC#***

Reaction score
I'm so glad I have no idea what the issues are with the mold and I just see an astromech that will be standing next to the ship and pilot.

The exclusivity of it and price point is a different story and I'll wait for a sale or something.
it's smaller than the other droids, the dome is shaped differently, and the hinged panels are too obvious.

Reaction score
it's smaller than the other droids, the dome is shaped differently, and the hinged panels are too obvious.
You forgot the most glaring issue, which is the fact that you can't have the middle leg retracted without either having the periscope popped up, or removed completely, which then leaves a gaping hole where a missing panel is. The Bartoo mold is a case of extremely poor design and engineering being given a 'good enough' pass, and being rushed out the door.

Hopefully Hasbro has heard enough complaints about this mold in recent months between this release, the Droids Artoo, and the Walmart OG96 ESB Artoo, to ensure they never release it again. They need to either stick with the B.A.D. mold, which is almost universally loved by collectors, or make an all new Artoo figure, which doesn't include poorly designed and implemented 'action features'.

Reaction score
It says a lot that they have a clear rubber band around it to hold the arm panel in & closed.
Just make sure to keep the rubber band after opening it, & wrapped around the legs & body
to make it a hair wider so that he doesn’t fall out of the X-wing.

Hang on back there…”

Reaction score
This figure will probably go on sale across the various sites eventually. Will wait for it to go under $12 before buying a lone carded sample. Definitely not paying $17 for one of the worst molds in the entire line.

Reaction score
so much for the non mint listing suggesting pre-orders starting to get filled. But thenI recall they had pre-orders for non-mint DT Vaders, maybe that was what this listing was. I didn't see it until it was sold out. But YF did report about 2 months ago, SWH was entering USA.

Reaction score
Processing early next week at pulse but still echos of crickets at EE. Strange they had non mint listing few days ago. Same w/ jedi survivor 3pk.

Reaction score
Well, EE had free shipping and w/o bbts's mark up to boot. So, I'm sure EE has got to be next week on these 2, although they were 2 -3 weeks behind w/ tbs comic Leia and even longer w/ Mando retro wv2 from what I read.

Reaction score
^ Exactly. And usually by this time of evening, if EE hasn't update acct to processing, then imthe next business evening is the soonest it'll change
Although, there has been a few tvc items this summer, mainly 2 or 3 game greats, deep discount was about 10 days before EE. Still, EE's recent non mint SWH listing w/o processing preorders, is even more odd that EE being behind BBTS or whomever

Reaction score
^ but EE had/s free shipping so that's the selling point for me 😁

Reaction score
My EE order claims a February 2023 delivery. Ugh! Ive canceled a few preorders lately cause of the late shipping. Ive found other places shipping sooner.

Reaction score
^same. but you can't no longer go by those eta dates. Other sites had same eta and have shipped preorders already despite thier original early 2023 eta.

Reaction score
Hasbro Pulse had a note this was "expected on October 11 to ship" so I placed an order for one, along with my Jedi Survivor 3.75" set. The Jedi Survivor set shipped but no movement on the droid.

Reaction score
Hasbro Pulse had a note this was "expected on October 11 to ship" so I placed an order for one, along with my Jedi Survivor 3.75" set. The Jedi Survivor set shipped but no movement on the droid.

Mine shipped from Pulse on Tuesday. It's tentatively due to arrive Monday.

Reaction score
Got Merrick's droid, the Jedi survivor pack and the clones all today from Pulse.

Reaction score
I think it's kinda funny that EE sent this email out earlier this week featuring R2-SHW and yet no preorders processing, in addition to non mint listing on site

Screenshot_20221014-192713_Gmail.jpg

Reaction score
They’ve been disappointing lately. When pulse beats you…you know things are getting bad at EE
True they've been a bit slow this past month. But w/ EE vs pulse there's this to consider- pulse is only deslingcw/ hasbro products whereas EE are dealing w/ multitude of toy companies' products. Guess, we kinda got spoiled w/ EE during the sping and summer getting product in/out. Although, I do recall the Bo Katan retro wave, people were saying was slow from EE. I had canceled mine when I found a few at a local target and the rest at wm a day or 2 later. And I found an untouched owk retro wave at target b4 ee got them in, canceled that order too. But for tvc mainline and game greats, ee was as quick as other online sites. It's just the 3pk, r2, and tbs comic Leia I've had to wait a couple weeks longer if I wanted to maintain ee's free shipping

Reaction score
So does Pulse, if you're a member.
But you have to pay to get free shipping. In my book, that defeats the purpose. I normally do not buy enough from pulse in a year to even out the cost..7 orders at 6.99 shipping vs $50 free shipping /year. Grant it Amazon prime cost money too, but you get far more perks that made it easier to join AP. But b4 we did join AP, between my wife and I, we were always able to make a >$25 for free shipping using at amazon,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I normally do not buy enough from pulse in a year to even out the cost..7 orders at 6.99 shipping vs $50 free shipping /year.
I used to balk at paying them $50 a year for the privilege of free shipping, but not any longer. I don't know if they're now basing shipping costs on location, or if they've just raised their rates, but the cheapest shipping charge for me now is $8.99. That's for a single TVC figure.

I've only bought exclusives through Pulse (except when there's a sale), but since the HISS campaign when I joined I've saved well over a $100 in shipping costs alone. That's just in less than three months. Not to mention I was able to pick up GI Joe restocks & exclusives early, which was a huge benefit. So, while not for everyone, it's been an immense benefit for me compared to what it would've cost.

Reaction score
But you have to pay to get free shipping. In my book, that defeats the purpose. I normally do not buy enough from pulse in a year to even out the cost..7 orders at 6.99 shipping vs $50 free shipping /year. Grant it Amazon prime cost money too, but you get far more perks that made it easier to join AP. But b4 we did join AP, between my wife and I, we were always able to make a >$25 for free shipping using at amazon,
in the EU, you aren't legally allowed to call it free shipping if you have to pay for it. honestly should be like that everywhere.

Reaction score
I know w/ razor crest I had free shipping, but I may been still a premium member from the promo they had when pulse launched. It had gotten extended once or twice. Either that or at the time, haslab had free shipping for the razor creat, maybe that changed since. I don't know. So, a new tvc haslab has to be one hell of an item to get me to tag on premium because the throne room I had 2 shipping choices-. 6.99 for fedex smart post or a direct carrier for much much higher fee w/ an eta of 1 day sooner, and as history dictates, if fedex got the pkge to usps early enough in the morning, usps can get it delivered that after noon thus there is no extra day to wait for the different shipping rate, unless if its a Sunday..

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
I had free shipping with the Razor Crest as well, but that was back when they still offered it for purchases over $50 regardless of premium status. That ended earlier this year, back in February IIRC. I noticed the shipping charge on the Throne Room had increased from $6.99 to $16.99 when I went to PO another before the deadline.

*Edit - Well I just learned something new. I just went and checked my wife's account since she's not Premium and the shipping for FedEx Smarpost was still $6.99 for everything. I see now that Premium automatically upgrades your shipment to UPS Ground or FedEx Home Delivery, but crosses out (i.e. waives) the shipping charge. So that accounts for the increase in shipping costs I noticed. Hmm, so that's another benefit of Premium as I can now redirect those shipments to access points. Packages arrive days earlier and I don't have to deal with USPS - that's a win, win.

bac

Reaction score
I have two on pre-order at EE. They ship when they ship. I'm in no rush.