R2-RN8W

Reaction score
Cool, has a retro vibe as well - I'm curious to see what else is in this collection.

Reaction score
The colours should've been vertical, starting with purple feet & topped with a red dome. The figures is almost as random as those multi-coloured Retro Vaders.

Reaction score
IDK, it does seem as it there's too much going on without an even pattern. Which what my OCD likes, cool nonetheless. Since it is rainbow based it's not like it could have been done on a more practical level, and I think going vertical would have seemed even weirder for an Astro. Would haev looked better on a Protocol Droid that way.

I would like to get two of those red legs though for another project I have WIP.

Reaction score
Picked this guy up from Disneyland yesterday. Other items in the Rainbow collection were mainly clothing items (not Star Wars), plush Mickeys, some pins. There was a Star Wars rainbow pin with a six of the emblems like the Rebellion, Empire, etc in a line in different colors forming the rainbow. The R2 was the only thing i picked up however.

Reaction score
That was quick, are they $12.99 like TVC figures? Also, are they for sale anywhere besides Disneyland?

Reaction score
IDK, it does seem as it there's too much going on without an even pattern. Which what my OCD likes, cool nonetheless. Since it is rainbow based it's not like it could have been done on a more practical level, and I think going vertical would have seemed even weirder for an Astro. Would haev looked better on a Protocol Droid that way.

I would like to get two of those red legs though for another project I have WIP.

It’s roughly following Roy G. Biv.

Reaction score
I think it would have looked nicer and more vibrant if the base color for the legs, body and dome was something else other than white. Each part could have had a different primary color to start then do all the panels in the other colors on the rainbow spectrum.

Reaction score
I hope the online store gets these too! Would like to get a few at their retail price and not give in to eBay like I always do.

Reaction score
I am going to Disney World in June. If I can I will try to grab a couple and help others out. I certainly want one, this is a fun looking droid and can sit atop my rainbow themed display. I have a shot glass case for displaying astromechs and for the last year or so I have had droids arranged in a rainbow red through purple.

Reaction score
I had a friend that was over at Galaxy Edge this past weekend looking to grab some of these for me, but apparently they were sold out. I was actually shocked since I was told they had 900 of them at some point. Not sure if they are coming back since I was told they weren't supposed to be out till June.

I ended up caving for one on Ebay, out for delivery today.

Reaction score
I had a buddy try to find one at world with no luck. He’s not too experienced at looking for items like that so may be gone or may be more elusive for the average park goer

Reaction score
Only place I saw them was at Keystone Clothiers in Hollywood Studios. It's a shop near the entrance. They were NOT at Tatooine Traders. This was May 14, so I can't say what has happened since then. I was in Epcot and Magic Kingdom on other days and did NOT see them there anywhere.
I am an experienced Disney person, so if they were anywhere else, I would have seen them.

Reaction score
I am going to Disney World in June. If I can I will try to grab a couple and help others out. I certainly want one, this is a fun looking droid and can sit atop my rainbow themed display. I have a shot glass case for displaying astromechs and for the last year or so I have had droids arranged in a rainbow red through purple.
I'm sure we'd all appreciate knowing if you find them when you are there. I would have bought several if I knew they'd be scarce, but it looked like there were a lot of them at the time...

Reaction score
For some reason I thought these might pop up on ShopDisney today, no luck, I don't know why I had 6/2 as a date for this possibly.

Reaction score
I'm sure we'd all appreciate knowing if you find them when you are there. I would have bought several if I knew they'd be scarce, but it looked like there were a lot of them at the time...

We arrive June 20th and will be there for awhile. I will report back what I am able to find. I am really hoping to find this guy, it is a fun droid. I was hoping to build a few droids but it sounds like the build-a-droid is still out of commission.

Reaction score
yeah.... no build a droid stations. I'm hoping once the Covid thing is over they'll have some new parts, but not overly hopeful. I do believe those were a good seller though. I never saw one of those stations without someone building... buying, I can't say ?? :unsure:

Reaction score
Which is another valid reason for them to sell these online, at Shop Disney for example. I honestly don't know what their issue is since they sell so much other merchandise there.

Reaction score
I do know that Shopdisney.com, the parks shopping, and the Disney Stores are 3 separate entities in reality. There is certainly some cooperation between the three, but Disney Stores have their own sales and promotions that are not honored online and vice versa. Shopping in the parks is totally different and there are many things that are not available anywhere else. I've purchased a Vintage Collection Greef Karga and a Retro Mandalorian in the parks... but I highly doubt you'll ever see those on ShopDisney. I was shocked to see the Black Series on shopdisney, but they had the Jaxxon wave up there for a bit (may still be?). Shopdisney.com does tend to get some merch that didn't sell in the parks, and the Disney Stores (whatever ones are left) can take returns from shopdisney.com. It's confusing.

Reaction score
I'm surprised it's now 3 days into 'pride month' and the Rainbow droid is gone?

Reaction score
I do know that Shopdisney.com, the parks shopping, and the Disney Stores are 3 separate entities in reality. There is certainly some cooperation between the three, but Disney Stores have their own sales and promotions that are not honored online and vice versa. Shopping in the parks is totally different and there are many things that are not available anywhere else. I've purchased a Vintage Collection Greef Karga and a Retro Mandalorian in the parks... but I highly doubt you'll ever see those on ShopDisney. I was shocked to see the Black Series on shopdisney, but they had the Jaxxon wave up there for a bit (may still be?). Shopdisney.com does tend to get some merch that didn't sell in the parks, and the Disney Stores (whatever ones are left) can take returns from shopdisney.com. It's confusing.

They are not separate entities technically. They have all fallen under the same banner since 2018, referred to as DPEP: Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.

When it was formed, Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek was put in charge until he succeeded Iger as CEO not long after.

Disney does reserve a large amount of products as exclusives for the parks.

But there was a noticeable increase in Disney Parks merchandise in Disney Stores and ShopDisney after DPEP was formed.

This is not just things that didn’t sell in the parks. Some new items are available concurrently. Whatever doesn’t sell in the parks is usually offloaded to the Disney outlet stores.

You are correct that the Disney Parks shopping and Disney Store/ShopDisney experiences are separate.

However ShopDisney is more or less just the online arm of the physical Disney Stores so they share the same inventory (selection of products). That’s why you can return products to them, and why they sometimes give out discount codes in stores to be used online.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think everything you said is correct except for the inventory part. They do not share an actual inventory. If something is sold out online, it may still be available in the parks or in the Disney Stores. shopdisney.com employees have no access to whatever inventory is available in any Disney Store.

Reaction score
I think everything you said is correct except for the inventory part. They do not share an actual inventory. If something is sold out online, it may still be available in the parks or in the Disney Stores. shopdisney.com employees have no access to whatever inventory is available in any Disney Store.
I meant inventory as in the types and selection of products they sell, not a physical inventory, but I should’ve phrased it differently.

Reaction score
What are the odds it will be restocked? I think it odd that it was themed for Pride month and as keknivek pointed out it is odd to be sold out before Pride month even began. Is it possible it was put out early, incorrectly, in a few spots while other locales across Disney were holding onto for June?

I wish we could now these answers...

I do not want to drop $40 on this on eBay (some sellers sitting on multiples as they bought up all the initial stock) when I would have been able to score in at the parks for $12.99. This droid game is so fickle...

Reaction score
Even the online presence is very limited, that's why I wish they'd partner with Target further to get more Galaxy's Edge products out to customers. Many live nowhere near a Disney location, and would have to go to ebay to buy these from a scalper in order to obtain them. In most cases, I'll simply not own a product rather than go to a reseller like that. Hopefully they'll make enough to meet demand.

Reaction score
While that would be nice, I don't feel it would help the situation much at all considering how the last offering went. Only one set of each Droid was offed on Target.com and both sold out either in seconds, and I never once saw any in stores. So from my POV it essentially like selling them at the parks only. The only way for some of use to get them is the secondary market for about double the price, which has essentially soured me on keeping up with or obtaining Droids.

Unless it's an official Hasbro release I mark it down as something I simply wont be getting, and sometimes even their stuff is almost as difficult to get.

Reaction score
While that would be nice, I don't feel it would help the situation much at all considering how the last offering went. Only one set of each Droid was offed on Target.com and both sold out either in seconds, and I never once saw any in stores. So from my POV it essentially like selling them at the parks only. The only way for some of use to get them is the secondary market for about double the price, which has essentially soured me on keeping up with or obtaining Droids.

Unless it's an official Hasbro release I mark it down as something I simply wont be getting, and sometimes even their stuff is almost as difficult to get.

Keep your eyes open at Target. Oddly enough I have seen replenishment of those droid packs at Targets in recent months. I was there a few weeks ago and they had the BB sets available again. I was shocked to see them as I had believed it was a one and done.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen the initial shipment of those droids at Target, and two restocks since - I never bought any though. I'm not much for the Disney BAD figures overall, too many to track down, and too difficult to obtain at a reasonable price. The only "must have" for me was Chopper - I think I paid $20 shipped for it, which isn't too bad. I also bought one of the CW themed multipacks a few years ago, and paid the MSRP shipped, if I recall correctly.

The holiday figures and other "made up" creations tend not to interest me, but I do like this one. If anyone wants a headache, check out the link below to see most of the droids out there, lol:

Droid Action Figures (jedibusiness.com)

Reaction score
The window for this droid seems to have been the shortest of all the droid factory singles. most of the others you could at least sit on for a few weeks and wait for prices to drop from resellers.