R2-h15

Reaction score
Looks like there is a Christmas-themed astromech according to a Yakface Facebook post. That explains the Santa hats.

Anyone stumble across this in any of the parks?

Reaction score
Looks like we can expect a steady flow of recoloured astrodroids from Disney now that they have realized what easy money these toys are for them. Even if the Christmas red and green is a little garish, it's nice to see another white-domed R2 unit as we haven't seen many of them over the years. Lucky for me a buddy is going to be at Disneyland next week and can hook me up. I should have him in hand within two to three weeks. Looking forward to seeing other people's pictures in the meantime.

Reaction score
I, for some reason, really like this guy. Anyone heading to Disney parks any time soon? I checked the Disney store site and Disney park app and no sign of it there.

Reaction score
Looks like we can expect a steady flow of recoloured astrodroids from Disney now that they have realized what easy money these toys are for them.
Yep, what seemingly only took Disney a couple years to get the hint. Has baffled Hasbro for thirty plus...

Reaction score
Nothing at Hollywood Studios in Orlando yet. We went last night and I have a buddy that works there keeping an eye out.

Reaction score
My wife (Pink Snags) grabbed one of these from Disneyland today. Really cool figure - makes me almost like the holidays.

-Snags

I assume they are only sold at the Star Trader?

I have the same question, could you please clarify Snags? I would like to know if it is available in the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney as well. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone has access to getting these, and doesn't mind helping me out for cost plus shipping for two (2) of these for my kids, please LMK...

I'd truly appreciate it! Thanks. (Yes, they would actually be for my kids. Not for me, and not for resell!)

Reaction score
Also: she didn't check any of the Downtown Disney stores (so they might have them, not sure). She just happened to stumble upon it at Star Trader and got me one.

-Snags

Reaction score
Downtown Disney in Orlando does NOT have the holiday droid. Darth Chuck checked Studios and last week and they didnt have them either. I'm heading to Studios Tuesday night I'll check again to see if they got them in stock.

Reaction score
well went to downtown disney in anaheim tonight and no sign of this holiday fellow. it looks like its a in the park exclusive after all.

Reaction score
If anyone has access to getting these, and doesn't mind helping me out for cost plus shipping for two (2) of these for my kids, please LMK...

I'd truly appreciate it! Thanks. (Yes, they would actually be for my kids. Not for me, and not for resell!)

Thanks for considering to help out, I appreciate anyone who wouldn't mind doing so...thank you!

Reaction score
My friend tried to find one at WDW and they told him Disneyland only. I'm not sure if that's going to be true for the entire run or not. I'm going to Disneyland at the end of January but I am afraid that might be too late, considering this is a holiday thing.

If anyone going to Disneyland soon could pick one up for me, I'd be very grateful.

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to score mine via a friend who happened to be visiting D.Land last week, but another buddy of mine was able to order an R2-H15 through Disney's home delivery service. He said he had to spend almost a whole day continually trying before he got past a busy signal, but it paid off in the end. Worth a shot?

Reaction score
I wish I had checked this thread earlier. I was at Disneyland last week for the Avengers 1/2 Marathon runDisney weekend. I did pick up several R2-H15 and R2-D60s for my family. I only saw them at the Star Traders store right outside of Star Tours and R2-H15 was only on the shelves for a day on November 15th and were all quickly snatched up.

I will be there again but not until January for the Star Wars runDisney weekend.

The Seasons of the Force experience was really nice! The hottest item there outside of the store was a BB-8 ball-shaped drinking cup. Very well done.

Reaction score
Finally have my R2-H15 in hand this week. What a fabulous little droid this guys is! The deco is really smart, but what I like most is that if you remove the Santa hat his deco is not so garish that he will look completely out of place rolling by in the background of a diorama. I think he can qualify as being something that might have been just out of frame somewhere in the films, particularly the more colourful prequel trilogy.

R4-D23 is perhaps an example of a droid where his deco is taken far enough that its harder to have him stand in as some background droid, but I'm sure I will find a place where he doesn't stand out too much. I think both will probably end up in Coruscant somewhere, amid the throng of Coruscanti shoppers and clubbers, when I eventually get around to building my street scene dio some day.

Reaction score
I bought one on ebay for $23. Not ridiculous. Now I am guaranteed to see tons of them still on the pegs when I visit DLand in February.

Reaction score
They are in stock at Tatt traders in Studios.

I've filled my first run and should be mailing those out next week. If anyone else wants one I'll be doing one more run before Xmas, so message me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got mine over the weekend from a very generous local AZ scummer that picked a couple for me.

R2H15.jpg

Reaction score
I asked someone to get me a couple from Disneyland this last weekend and he told me that they were all sold out... BS or true? Any word if this one is also at Disneyworld?

Reaction score
I asked someone to get me a couple from Disneyland this last weekend and he told me that they were all sold out... BS or true? Any word if this one is also at Disneyworld?

I would assume it's at Disney World too at this point, but I can confirm that when I saw them at Star Traders on November 15th but they were all sold out on November 16th before the Seasons of the Force began. It can happen that they get out of stock for a bit.

Reaction score
This is a great figure! Indeed, I only buy the Build-a-Droid astros these days.

I bought a loose one from an ebay seller and have a question though. First thing is, they put on the package that it was worth $30, so I got stung for an extra £12 customs and handling fee when the information was clearly incorrect. I can live with this, but when I tried to put the hat on the hole in the top of the head was filled in. It looked almost like it was full of set superglue. Has anyone else had this or am I being messed about but some upstanding example of humanity on ebay?

Anyway, no harm no foul ultimately as I was able to drill it out so he can wear his santa hat now. I also understand that as an overseas collector this is my only way to get this item, but it still sticks in the craw somewhat.

Reaction score
This is a great figure! Indeed, I only buy the Build-a-Droid astros these days.

I bought a loose one from an ebay seller and have a question though. First thing is, they put on the package that it was worth $30, so I got stung for an extra £12 customs and handling fee when the information was clearly incorrect. I can live with this, but when I tried to put the hat on the hole in the top of the head was filled in. It looked almost like it was full of set superglue. Has anyone else had this or am I being messed about but some upstanding example of humanity on ebay?

Anyway, no harm no foul ultimately as I was able to drill it out so he can wear his santa hat now. I also understand that as an overseas collector this is my only way to get this item, but it still sticks in the craw somewhat.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Customs and handling fees in Spain are also a pain.

When I get my stuff from the US, I usually send it to a friend's address in the US and then get it resent to me to Spain... so far, nothing bad happened (fingers crossed) :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
First time I've ever had a problem, and I usually buy the limited ones carded as well. Ridiculous seller - won't use them again!

Reaction score
I was at Hollywood Studios today and Magic Kingdom yesterday. The ONLY shop between both parks that had it was Tatooine Traders, and they only had 20-30 left. I spoke with a CM that said they didn't expect more before Christmas. They weren't even expecting the ones they have. They figured this close to Christmas, it was a west coast only figure, like R2-D60 and R4-D23 were.

Hit up Kebron while you can. He's helped me out plenty of times. He's 100% trustworthy.

Last edited:
Reaction score

BS, this local AZ scummer was just there last week (Disneyland, CA - Star Traders inside the park) and got me 2.

Reaction score
If anyone would be willing to sell their Santa hats from this droid (or loose ones from the parks' buildable droids), I have a friend who is in the market for a couple. Please drop me a PM. Thanks.

Reaction score

Still hoping that someone will help me out with obtaining two of these for my kids! Anyone!

I've always done my best to go above and beyond, and often out of my way, to help other collectors obtain figs/pieces/items they wanted. Now, I am hoping that will be reciprocated...somehow. Thanks for the consideration! If I still lived in Culver City, I would definitely drive down to D-Land myself, but living on the other side of the country now, well it makes it a bit challenging! LOL!

mec

Reaction score
was just there over the weekend. Traders was the only place to get them. Wattos did not have them nor did the new hangar bay.