R2-D2 W/Holo Leia Round Peg Current Value?

Reaction score
Anyone here have a idea what the Current Value or going price is for a R2-D2 W/Holographic Round Peg Variation.
Just Curious

Reaction score
I have seen arround 100-150, book values ranging at 200-300. I have reference 3 books, however the figures themselves are hard to come by, have you found on? if so please tell me its a steal of a price and your gonna buy 2? one for me and one for you! LOL

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the "Round Peg" R2 from my collection.

Notice the small round peg ankle joint as opposed to the common larger Half Moon style ankle joint commonly found on this figure. Most round peg R2's came out of the Star Wars Fan Club. Even though back in the day I did here scattered reports of this being found at WAL*MART and a couple different Online retailers. As far as the current value it is only worth what someone will pay for one, it used to command $200-$300, but I would imagine the price has cooled significantly since then. I've only seen one or two on eBay in the past couple of years so it's still a rare find.

Reaction score
Lieutenant_Needa said:
I have seen arround 100-150, book values ranging at 200-300. I have reference 3 books, however the figures themselves are hard to come by, have you found on? if so please tell me its a steal of a price and your gonna buy 2? one for me and one for you! LOL
If it is worth that much, why in the wedge collection engine section it's valued at like $70 I believe? Has it gone up?

Reaction score
JediMaster82 said:
Lieutenant_Needa said:
If it is worth that much, why in the wedge collection engine section it's valued at like $70 I believe? Has it gone up?
$70? Maybe for one that's loose...LOL

Reaction score
POTF2Museum said:
JediMaster82 said:
Lieutenant_Needa said:
$70? Maybe for one that's loose...LOL
R2-D2 with "Holographic" Princess Leia (POTF2) released: 8/1/1999 Wave: 27
var. collection card variation complete loose
.0000 Classic CommTech Hot Rare Round pins, oversized head $60 $10
.0000 Classic CommTech $75 $25

http://www.rebelscum.com/wedge/priceguide.asp

Reaction score
var. collection card variation complete loose
.0000 Classic CommTech Hot Rare Round pins, oversized head $60 $10
.0000 Classic CommTech $75 $25

this info could indeed be correct, however I was stating my first value from what I have actually see them sell for, the second value is what I have seen in some books, (Waltmans, Fantasiaverlag, lee's) I agree it looks a little high!

Reaction score
I can't tell the difference between the round peg and not round peg. Can someone post pics of both variations? Thanks

Trying to find the round peg on ebay but no one says it in the description and I can't tell the difference.

Reaction score

here is an image of the standard figure, now you can see on HIS right arm on his foot you see a rather large White Semi-Circle, in the place of that semi circle is a small peg, large enough for a foot hole in a standard figure.

Reaction score
JediMaster82 said:
Trying to find the round peg on ebay but no one says it in the description and I can't tell the difference.
Good luck, IMO this variation is one of the top ten hardest to come by in POTF2. A Freeze Frame Weequay is childs play compared to this. You see maybe one or two on eBay in a year.

Reaction score
I've been seeing like 1 or 2 Weequay FF a week on ebay. I'm going to keep an eye out for this R2 version.

Reaction score
POTF2Museum said:
Good luck, IMO this variation is one of the top ten hardest to come by in POTF2. A Freeze Frame Weequay is childs play compared to this. You see maybe one or two on eBay in a year.
Yeah, I've got 5, all non-round pegs.

Reaction score
I friggin hate this figure. I have spent years trying to track it down and have yet to get one in my grasps. I was bidding on an auction last week for one, my bid was up to $125 and winning with 30 secs. to go when my pc started slowing down, the page just would not load. I lost it by $2.

Reaction score
R2D2 Holo w/ Leia Round Pegs for Sale by DBL07.co
"This is the Droid you were looking for!"
I have never felt more like AL from Al's Toy Barn than when I found 5 of these at my local Wal-mart 14 years ago! I have sold all but this one and now this sir steve's guide 10 Rarest figures can be in your collection! After I bought this I put it in the protective plastic case and that is where poor R2 has lived for the last 14 years minus the 5 minutes of "air time" I took him out to take some pics and then back he went. Of all the variations out there this one is not a "Choking Hazard" It's a "Choking Guaranteed!" round-peg, not the over-sized dome half-moon foot peg straight column bubble or any other kind.

1995-1999 POTF2 Collection with comm tech chip
3.75" Carded Figures with CommTech Chip

I'm Also selling my entire Complete Episode I MIP collection. I should have pictures posted soon.
Cheers,
Matthew Rings
CEO & Founder
DBL07 Consulting & Web Design
Website Design Columbia SC DBL07 Consulting