R2-D2 Focus Collectors

Reaction score
The Thinkway interactive R2D2 is now showing up at Toys R Us stores. I was told it wouldn't be sold until 11/7, but it's out now. I just got mine and have seen photos from others getting them on Facebook.
What do you think? I was thinking of picking one up but didn't see any reviews online yet. I have the old interactive R2 that came out when AOTC and ROTS came out. I know the new one has a remote control but does he do the same things the old one did?

Reaction score
I haven't had the chance to play around with him a lot. He seems overly confusing so my kids haven't done much more than move him front/back/left/right and hit the button that has Leia saying "Help me Obi Wan.." It's also really loud... when it's rolling along you can't hear anything else.

So from what I've seen I think it's overpriced at roughly $180. When I got mine it was on sale so I saved 15% or so. Still think that's probably a bit high.

Maybe as we get around to seeing what all it does and understanding the ability to program it then I'll change my mind. But right now... I'm definitely on the fence. And I have the old interactive one too.

Reaction score
The Thinkway interactive R2D2 is now showing up at Toys R Us stores. I was told it wouldn't be sold until 11/7, but it's out now. I just got mine and have seen photos from others getting them on Facebook.
I got mine since 10/16/2015. The price had gone down by $40 since I got it.
ToysRUs has refunded the difference to me because of their low price guarantee.

It's worth getting if the price goes down to around $100.00 and it's about the same as the Interactive Wall-E in the controls
and capabilities. (also made by Thinkway Toys) I really like mine. It's a bit larger than the old Interactive R2, which was a marvel of technology with sonar, voice recognition and an interactive personality designed by Creature Labs. That toy was way ahead of it's time! this is just a radio controlled R2-D2 that I wish I could shut off the sound on!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It truly is loud. You should see our dogs when one of the kids turns this on and drives it a few feet. Holy...

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

$75 shipped to your door!

Only available at the Reds Star Wars night baseball game last season.

JUST HAD A BABY PAPA NEEDS MONEY!

For sale - R2-D2 Star Tots from Celebration.

$25 ea inc free S&H!

Reaction score
If anybody needs help getting Fontvella water bottles or SD Toys apron+glove from Spain (officially licensed), just let me know :D

Reaction score
Too bad those are prizes in a kind of raffle. I suppose they'll show up on Yahoo! Auctions at least, but they probably won't be cheap. I'd love to get that nabe (hot pot) on the bottom.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Only the prototypes were made, no release dates are set.
Hopefully soon.

Where is the Tamashii R2? you kidding me...

Reaction score
Just curious, what's everyone's favorite Artoo figure? For me, its a tie between the VC Artoo and the CW R2D2 from the lost wave.

Reaction score
this is a hard question... but off the top of my head i will have to go with the saga 2006 r2. i am a fan of the of the metal like dome. my second would be the vintage jabba's sail barge r2.

Reaction score
Can I vote for the 1/12 Bandai model kit? :) If you mean 3.75" figures, I'd say VC R2-D2 (ROTJ Bartender) and the 2012 CW B-A-D R2-D2 :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup, 'resurge' Artoo is my favorite as well, since it's the best version of him we've gotten to date. Sadly, based on the quality of stuff Hasbro has been turning out the past few years, we may never see the G9 sculpt surpassed. The best astromech sculpt may truly be behind us now. Total bummer.

Reaction score
It is definitely a figure I wish I owned 2 of.
After years of not seeing it anywhere, I ended up owning 3 of them, but I exchanged the two extras for other droids I needed a while ago, sorry...

That figure was later repacked in the Target's Android Set 3-pack along with Chewie and 3PO, so it's not that difficult to see it in the wild from time to time...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Smart R2-D2 from Hasbro

Priced at $100.00 and exclusive to Wal-Mart for now. I would wait for a sale...
Pretty much sums it up...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using a hacked pirate satellite in a decaying orbit

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought I’d post about Richard Wilkinson’s “Arthropoda Iconicus” prints. A small series of prints based on Star Wars characters as Insects. It’s an interesting and unusual aesthetic, I thought.

Roboduobus Deoduobus is his take on R2-D2.

Reaction score
Hobbylink Japan are showcasing this R2-D2 Paper Theatre cutaway model by Ensky on their site.

I think it's pretty awesome. USD$30 and is due for release at the end of the June.

Reaction score

Swarovski now have a Star Wars Licence, which is pretty interesting. The R2 is the best of their collection, in my opinion.

Reaction score
Adidas is coming out with some pretty sweet R2-themed sneakers. I'm a bit of a sneaker head, and for those that aren't, Adidas' BOOST material is arguably the best you can get as far as cushioning and comfort goes. These are the their 'Night Jogger' style, done up in R2-D2 colors. The Night Joggers normally have reflective 3M hits on them, so these are likely to have them as well. They cost over a hundred bucks, but are well worth it, IMO. Gonna try and snag a couple pairs when they release in early December!