R2-D2 Focus Collectors

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
I can't link the ebay auction, but please search this. you will find what are those.

It is called "Converge" made by Bandai. Thank you!

Bandai FW Star Wars Converge Darth Vader Stormtrooper Yoda R2-D2 Set Of 4 New

Reaction score
Of all the elements of Artoo's dome they could have picked to exaggerate, I find it odd they chose the holo-projector. Should have been his main 'eye' instead. As is, it kinda looks like poor Artoo has a tumor!

Reaction score
Screen cap of the two newest Artoos together. Snap model looks more accurate to the film prop, but is sadly a bit too small to work with Hasbro's 6" line. On its own though, it's very nice. Can't wait to get mine and build it!

Reaction score
Screen cap of the two newest Artoos together. Snap model looks more accurate to the film prop, but is sadly a bit too small to work with Hasbro's 6" line. On its own though, it's very nice. Can't wait to get mine and build it!

What I found quite interesting is that you can either choose to use water decals or stickers :D

Reaction score
A few random R2 objects I've found lately, including a spiffy new Artoo hat from TRU! It was a young boy's size, but on its largest setting, I was able to squeeze it onto my head for a pic (which was in jest, yes. lol) The umbrella was at Disney store, but was sadly very small, like for a small child. The other stuff was found at Hallmark. I picked up the tin box and the coffee mug.

does anything come in the tin box? that's a cool mug and box. I'm gonna have to make a pit stop by my local hallmark.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Nope, empty tim box, just small catalog which futures up coming Boba Fett and Chewbacca.
I'm wondering what should I use this?

Reaction score
Wal-Mart has a ceramic R2 bank (and Vader) for $10. They are located in the jewelry/watch area (on the row right behind that area). There are other banks like turtles, pigs, etc.

I haven't compared them but they look awfully similar to the ones sold at TRU but these are not boxed. I was at TRU today too and would swear the two Vader banks are identical. But until I can compare the R2's side-by-side I'm not sure.

Paint apps are iffy - I had to set the first R2 back because the dome wasn't painted very well.

Reaction score
Oh wow! That looks great Toro-san! I love the darker blue color. Much closer to how Artoo appeared in ANH and in most the promotional material of the OT era. Really great work! Didn't know you were so good at painting! May I ask what type of paint you used for the silver on the dome? I've been thinking of repainting the dome on mine, and that silver looks very nice.

Reaction score
That's not Medi's RAH Artoo, it's Sideshow's new 1/6th Artoo! I'm blown away by how perfect those paint apps are! Might have to see if I can commission Toru to paint mine. Lol

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck finding the Pop Secret Star Wars themed popcorn buckets at Wal-Mart? I saw pics posted on Facebook over a week ago from someone in TN and no one else has been lucky enough to find them. I've searched five WM's and only found Avengers buckets. There is an R2 version that looks pretty snazzy.

Reaction score

well i have been busy catching up on my r2 collection. finally was able to snag a 2013 clone wars r2! the question is to open or not? one thing that is still missing is the hasbro 6" r2...:hmm:

Reaction score

well i have been busy catching up on my r2 collection. finally was able to snag a 2013 clone wars r2! the question is to open or not? one thing that is still missing is the hasbro 6" r2...:hmm:
I wouldn't open it yet... and try to get another one ;)

Are you a completist, Jenn? If not, pass on that BS6" abomination :p

Reaction score

Open it! My favorite artoo to date! I take him everywhere and he's a great photography subject! Seriously my friend. Open it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wouldn't open it yet... and try to get another one ;)

Are you a completist, Jenn? If not, pass on that BS6" abomination :p

yes, i am a completist when it comes to r2. i narrowed my focus to droids and ewoks. its a illness haha:p.

Open it! My favorite artoo to date! I take him everywhere and he's a great photography subject! Seriously my friend. Open it!
i just may have to... thanks for the encouragement. the weekend awaits...

Reaction score
One of the few Spanish holy grails of R2-D2 promo collecting: Phoskitos snack cakes' cut-out card (Cropán, Spain 1978)

Photo courtesy of Toru Komuro ;)

Reaction score
Shameless self promotion here... but if you're on Facebook do a search for the "All Things R2" Group page. I post most of my finds there as do others. Picked up a neat Father's Day card at Wal-Mart this morning and found the popcorn buckets mentioned a few posts higher up. Come share in the R2 love. ;)

Reaction score
Shameless self promotion here... but if you're on Facebook do a search for the "All Things R2" Group page. I post most of my finds there as do others. Picked up a neat Father's Day card at Wal-Mart this morning and found the popcorn buckets mentioned a few posts higher up. Come share in the R2 love. ;)
im new to Facebook. I sent a request. Its raining r2's... Nice page.

Reaction score

Which R2 is in the clamshell next to the tin?
*EDIT* Nevermind I figured it out as the Revo

Last edited:
Reaction score
I snagged the Build-a-Droid R2 from the canceled Legacy line. Had to go online to find one and paid more than I'd care to admit. But my vintage/foreign R2 purchases have slowed to a trickle here as of late (have lost out on ebay auctions for several foreign vintage R2's) and decided I'd go ahead and get one and it arrived yesterday.

Reaction score
I snagged the Build-a-Droid R2 from the canceled Legacy line. Had to go online to find one and paid more than I'd care to admit. But my vintage/foreign R2 purchases have slowed to a trickle here as of late (have lost out on ebay auctions for several foreign vintage R2's) and decided I'd go ahead and get one and it arrived yesterday.
This is one I like to have. I especially love the the design of the card back. I called my local go stores and they said they can't find the boxes... I am assuming they been sold. I'll start hitting eBay.

Reaction score
The wife and kids made me this awesome set of R2 Christmas ornaments for Father's Day. Can't bare to put it all away until Christmas so I think it will be a year-round item in the SW room.