R2-D2 (Droids)

Reaction score
I got two of these in the mail and they were smashed in to a too small of box, just like my recent Amazon order. >< The figure itself, for the one I opened, also feels as if it’s bleeding oil.

Does anyone else have a greasy R2 unit or is it just me? LOL

Reaction score
Received my figure, luckily the cardback was in good shape - the figure itself is so dull, but the card art makes up for that. This little set will be the first that I display carded, so I guess I'll need to find a local shop that sells cases that fit these.

Reaction score
I ended up with an extra one of these on a really nice card.
Selling for actual cost + actual shipping (US). PM if anyone needs it.

Reaction score
Originally ordered the three to keep carded, but ran into Artoo and Boba at Target and picked them up to open. Now I need to find a second Threepio. And of course I see that Hasbro on eBay had him… ☹️

Dorkside has the Target “exclusive” Threepio on sale for 13.99

Reaction score
Dorkside has the Target “exclusive” Threepio on sale for 13.99

My order from DST arrived minus a figure that they oversold, took 2 weeks to arrive and with a bent corner on the Threepio. I'll never order from them again. Horrible experience all around.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've normally never had any issue with them but I will say this last shipment was packed rather questionable for a retailer geared toward collectors.
I can't say it will be my last order with them, since I still have an unfulfilled preorder, but due to there not being much to buy recently it may be long while before I do. The way to release figures now a day I've just been getting them one at a time at Amazon.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. The box they used was pretty shallow and the only padding inside was some white paper. No bubble wrap or anything modern.

The BBTS order I got the other day came in a nicely sized box and the figures were entombed in heavy bubble wrap.

Reaction score
My order from DST arrived minus a figure that they oversold, took 2 weeks to arrive and with a bent corner on the Threepio. I'll never order from them again. Horrible experience all around.
I am still waiting for my refund from Dorkside on a case that looked like someone punted it to the porch. I have to "Wait for them to get to it in returns" meanwhile I am paying interest on it on my credit card.

Reaction score
I am still waiting for my refund from Dorkside on a case that looked like someone punted it to the porch. I have to "Wait for them to get to it in returns" meanwhile I am paying interest on it on my credit card.
inform your cc, they may wave the interest

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The box they used was pretty shallow and the only padding inside was some white paper. No bubble wrap or anything modern.
Unfortunately, that's the same packing material they've used for years. About a third of my orders from DS would end up damaged either because of inadequate protection or from the fulfillment staff packing the items carelessly. The one good thing I will say, however, is that where possible they do attempt to correct any mistakes and replace damaged items.

Reaction score
On sale at DST for $12.90.

Reaction score
My target had them on sale…only character I saw hit the actual pegs.

Reaction score
The one I ordered from Target came a bit damaged so I did break down and buy from DS, hopefully it's in better condition tat the one from Target.
If not I pry off the dome to use elsewhere and it's certainly better than paying $15 for it!

Reaction score
I wasn't that familiar with their 1985 run, are these reproductions like the Retro Collection for Droids, or have they been modernized?

Reaction score
The three current DROIDS figures are all repaints of TVC figures. The original Droids figures from the 80s had more of a cartoony look to them..