R2-D2 (Droids)

Reaction score
Was able to order 2 of this guy on the Target app just now. But looks like I might of got the last 2.
87937a557ebdf0d045fa19dcbe24dafd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I didn't know that. Guess I got extra lucky then. Unless they are someone's crunched up returns. Hope not.

Reaction score
^ it doesn't nessessarily mean returns, just a local DC may have some available where another DC elsewhere may not have them yet

Reaction score
^ well yakface reported back in Nov that Fett and c3po arrived at USA ports and soon after, 3po shipped and was in stores. Fett went MIA. R2 was reported later to be arriving at ports (GA, i think) and had ETA late Jan. So, *they could likely been "lost" w/in DCs. Lost meaning delayed arrival for a planned display (there was a display endcap for SW last fall that barely had anything on it but a few legos) but then Target stores moved on and DCs didn't quite know what to do send all, send 1(which they did- 3po), wait for a new planogram display in future---this could explain why fett was found in system on clearance. If everything went as planned in the fall, the time when Fett was discovered on clearence was likely the time frame when their system would start to clearance them out naturally. Now fett was discovered back in system at reg price, so perhaps target is prepping for a 2nd attempt for a display, release etc-- this* is all theory btw

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have seen Droids R2 come up for pre-order a few times over the past few days.

Was able to order him and TBS Fett just after midnight this morning…

76D5CAC9-16E2-4BB3-9BED-7F9397EA5CD9.jpeg

Reaction score
I put this and Boba in with C-3P0 on my checklist when I thought this was a wave and not indivdual figures. Since, then, they've been supplanted by 36 figures in my checklist, and they still aren't out.

Reaction score
My charge shows as processing in my bank for my R2s. Unless it's just another pre-auth ?

Reaction score
Re-pre-auth. Unfortunately. If a legit charge, site should update w/a shipping/release date, plus an email from target saying item has new shipping date

Reaction score
If so it would be near tragedy because as a collector I really liked those cards! And the sadder part is Fett was the that one I really wanted.

Reaction score
Yes, Target preauthorizes every week to two weeks. You just don't generally hear about it unless you have a CC set up with those alerts, which is why I try to pre-order from them on a CC without alerts because it's damn annoying.

Reaction score
Yes, Target preauthorizes every week to two weeks. You just don't generally hear about it unless you have a CC set up with those alerts, which is why I try to pre-order from them on a CC without alerts because it's damn annoying.
I can just see them cancelling everyone's orders without notice.

Reaction score
I don’t think so as I was just hit with a ton of preorder authorization charges. I think Target is going to rethink how they handle preorders though.

Reaction score
I’m fairly certain these are done for.

Sadly yes.

^ PLEASE DON'T JINX THIS, WE made it this far already
I don’t think so as I was just hit with a ton of preorder authorization charges. I think Target is going to rethink how they handle preorders though.

That's a good sign of no cancelation intentions. But as I've said b4, Target needs to just honor preorders and if they want to skip store shelves, so be it, BUT HONOR PREORDERS ALREADY, these been in USA since end of '21 Make these online exclusive if necessary, or if they absolutely need to pass them over to 0llies et al..HONOR PREORDERS FIRST! Hasbro should step in and say something at this point. Who knows maybe this is why "Lawerence" now does not appear as a Target excl on YF's rumor list, but then maybe it never was just a target excl.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What I find weird about this ordeal is that with other pre-orders that were delayed I got an email requesting approval of said delay or it would be canceled. So far nada with Fett and R2, and going based on the info we have about product arriving to warehouses I'm guessing it's not that particular issue but their lack of idea on what to do with then now that the "set date" is long past. Whether or not actual stores get them the people who pre-ordered them still should at the very least, because that's a guaranteed sale and no worries about what to do with them at store level.

Right?

Reaction score
EXACTLY my point. The preorders are guaranteed sales. If stores no longer want them., release the preorders and keep remaining stock as online exclusive or pass those onto ollies et AL. But do honor preorders first.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
What I find weird about this ordeal is that with other pre-orders that were delayed I got an email requesting approval of said delay or it would be canceled.
They only send out delay approvals when there's an actual release date. Since pretty much every pre-order (including R2 & Fett) now only lists "Estimated Coming Soon," there's no reason to send an email.

Reaction score
I think they stopped giving estimate dates to stop the delay emails and in turn stop random cancellations that we all complained about.

Reaction score
if anyone has any extras of this guy on a mint card, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
To been more in tune w/ the old Kenner version, this should've included the Saber hilt instead of the periscope

Target.....can you please at the very minimal, process preorders regardless if these are or not coming to store shelves. You took payments and keep preauthing weekly for months.( and some banks don't like that- hense cancelations)