R2-D2 and C-3PO

Reaction score
Anybody else notice that 3PO's red arm seems to mysteriously vanish and is replaced by a gold arm for the ending sequence? When Rey and Chewie are flying off to find Luke, and everyone is waving, C-3PO is waving with 2 gold arms (or that's at least how it looked to me).
I noticed that as well, or at least thought I did.

Reaction score
It's VERY fast and you were probably too busy watching Han and Leia stare one another down as it's right before their big reunion scene. But as Threepio walks off with BB-8 after his interruption he says to BB-8 something like "Yes, you are right, I do need to get my proper arm back" Again -- I am paraphrasing here.
Huh.... In my 5 viewings, didn't catch this once....
Damn..

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna rush out and buy up the 5000 or so I've seen warming the pegs since Force Friday.

I've heard it said that (clear&present this time) sarcasm is the lowest form of wit:\; combine that with a gross exaggeration in the same statement and it gets even bleaker.

Reaction score
If you don't care for my sarcasm or gross exaggeration then why don't you add me to your ever expanding ignore list?

Reaction score
I've heard it said that (clear&present this time) sarcasm is the lowest form of wit:\; combine that with a gross exaggeration in the same statement and it gets even bleaker.

Actually sarcasm has been found to improve creative thinking. So whoever said that real smrt. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Actually sarcasm has been found to improve creative thinking. So whoever said that real smrt. :rolleyes:
Actually, atheist scientists purport that humans came from a bug in a pond ten billion years ago? < which I know isn't true. And prescribed medication kills thousands of people every year, even when taken in the proper dose and not abused. My point? Don't trust those who do studies or think they are qualified to speak, their full of crap! Old wives tales often make intellectuals look stupid. I could go out and be sarcastic all day long, that's because it's so easy to do, thus the lowest form of wit, capiche?

Reaction score
It all makes sense now...

Anyway...still undecided on this set. I wish it was back down to $10 when this was the Saga Legends line. All I want from this set is the Threepio.

Reaction score
Do I have to remind you Maverick10126, every time you post, all I see is this > "This message is hidden because Maverick10126 is on your ignore list." And i'll repeat, just in case you think I sometimes take a peek at what you've written, I don't!... I never ever utilize the view post / take a peek tab, capiche? Why am I mentioning this? Because nearly every time I post all I see is you posting directly after me, it's starting to look quite pathetic:wtf:

Reaction score
Actually, atheist scientists purport that humans came from a bug in a pond ten billion years ago? < which I know isn't true. capiche?
While I think it is great and all that you can disprove the theory of Evolution and have put Charles Darwin on your ignore list, lets keep religion out of here please.

Reaction score
The only way anyone would know if that wasn't true, is if they had tried crushing that bug with their trusty Bible.

And anyone who says sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, are probably just mad because they cannot grasp the use of it.

Reaction score
I was considering this set, but the lac of vac-metalized figures in TFA line bums me out, that paired 3PO's slightly smaller size, inexplicable beer belly, and I've got more basic R2's than I know what to do with, made it a pass for me.

Reaction score
Isn't this threepio roughly the same mold as the MS threepio. I mean I know they rearranged the wires on his midsection but other than that it's the same.

He's actually not as small as he seems. He's taller than TVC/Black series mold. When compared to the other characters this threepio is perfectly to scale. I think he's the same size as the ROTS mold just not as bulky due to the lack of vac metal.

Reaction score
That could be, I defer to your comparison as I haven't had him physically (oop) in hand.

Reaction score
I normally prefer C-3PO to be made in vac metal but the gold paint on this is actually a bit more screen accurate for him. With each film in the OT he was made less and less shiny (I think it was done to make him easier to film) and this has continued with TFA. My main issue with this figure is the cheaply painted eyes, just like when it was released in the Mission Series in 2013.

Reaction score
Do you guys think this set's worth picking up at full price? I already own the rebels 5POA R2 and 3PO so I've been debating picking them up for a while but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Thoughts?

Reaction score
I have the MS threepio and I sold the R2. It's basically the same set. Threepio just has a red arm in this version. It's a great threepio but I purchased that set for $10...not the $15 Hasbro is charging. I'm personally waiting for a bogo or clearance. For what you get its overpriced. I don't want to pay $5 more for an accessory I don't want.

I'd hold out. I see a lot of these in stores. They'll go on sale.

Reaction score
Don't forget the gold shin. But yeah, you're basically paying for a red arm and gold shin at this point. The R2 is nothing special and you can't get much for him if you sell him.

Reaction score
i was finally able to acquire these guys from the hasbro's toy shop via ebay. free shipping... what's not to like. thank the maker for this... as in my area there's no sign of any product:'(

Reaction score
I want a VII specific r2 and 3po but the sculpts and colors on these just look a little kiddie and low rent compared to some of my better versions of these guys. I always prefer vac metal for 3pos.

Reaction score
Picked it up to go with my force awakens shelf. Would have preferred just getting 3po single carded since I could have used one of my extra r2's since r2 is the same. But with red arm had to get 3po therefore I got the 2 pack. Found one of the 3 at the store with straight eyes the other two sets had lazy eye 3po

Reaction score
I want a VII specific r2 and 3po but the sculpts and colors on these just look a little kiddie and low rent compared to some of my better versions of these guys. I always prefer vac metal for 3pos.

i agree. they look poor. but i still gotta have my r2. i love my episode tc-14 vac metal… i whole heartily agree with vac metals too!

Reaction score
I noticed 3PO was just matte gold in the movie too...
Maybe they made him that way in the movie just to produce cheaper toys...

Reaction score
I do like that idea!

To be fair, they had already dulled C-3PO down in each film of the OT to the point where in ROTJ he had lost a lot of shine and was quite matte (especially on Endor) this was just to help with filming as the shiny finish was quite a pain to light and film.

GNT

Reaction score
For RoTS they had to go through each and every frame C-3PO was in to remove the camera reflection etc. That'd be very annoying to do.

Reaction score
I've been looking at this set in stores since last September, vowing I would never pay $15 for it. After all, I've got like 20 of each of these two from my years of collecting Star Wars. Maybe I feel like I have to have these droids represented in each movie? It isn't Star Wars with them, right? So...I broke down and bought them. What the hell am I doing?

Reaction score
I've been looking at this set in stores since last September, vowing I would never pay $15 for it. After all, I've got like 20 of each of these two from my years of collecting Star Wars. Maybe I feel like I have to have these droids represented in each movie? It isn't Star Wars with them, right? So...I broke down and bought them. What the hell am I doing?
Hey, I was exactly the same! Figured I really didn't need R2 and C-3P0, but I kept seeing them there on the shelf and thinking they looked nice. Finally I buckled and picked them up. I think the packaging is a big part of it. The artwork is fantastic. Besides, it's R2 and 3P0. Just can't resist!

Reaction score
no. Legs protrude too far upwards. I just got this set today. Really like the 3po for what it is but the r2 is bond disappointing. Got it on the cheap price comprise g with Walmart.com
Unfortunate. Thanks for the review.

Reaction score
Unfortunate. Thanks for the review.
But are you sure? I compared my 1998 POTF2 R2-D2 (sensorscope, or are you just happy to see me, release) with this 3POA thing and they are the same height in all elements. The POTF2 model fits without the floor filler in the droid slot.