R2-D2 and C-3PO

Reaction score
Or maybe the guys working on the show just wanted to include the toys they played with as kids. If it was really "to sell more toys" wouldn't we have seen a Rebels TIE Fighter and/or a rerelease of the Troop Transport?
I would literally jump all the way through the store if they re-released the troop transport from the ESB line.

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite buys. I'm impressed with this one. Staying in the box they will. The dynamic duo are back in action. Nice dual figure pack, and personally, loving the red makeshift arm, can't wait to see C3 in the new movie.

Reaction score
Found these online and purchased! These are in stock and ready to ship at toysrus.com. Free shipping for orders over $19.

Reaction score
This is the internet; we have time. Tell it!
No big deal. For some odd reason Argos have many of their figures labelled under the same code. I typed code for what i thought was BB-8, Unkar Thug & Jakku Scavenger but they gave me Obi Wan 2 pack. I asked to change and all they had was 3PO/R2. Since it was a 3 for 2 deal I went with it. was buying Elite Speeder Bike with Stormtrooper, Black Series 6" Destiny pack and, well 3P0.

Reaction score
I wasn't really a fan of the 2-pack, so I went and found some suitable replacements. With some slight custom work, I think these will serve nicely as my E7 droids!

Reaction score
I just noticed, too, that the new C-3PO doesn't have the silver leg. So he's had more upgrades than the red arm in the last 30 years.

Reaction score
Thanks all! The Hasbro 2-pack felt cheap, you know? I was looking for a chrome-y, old school 3P0!

Reaction score
Thanks all! The Hasbro 2-pack felt cheap, you know? I was looking for a chrome-y, old school 3P0!

Well yeah, nice job.
But i have to ask, how is it that an individual can do a better job than a multi-million dollar company who's supposed to be doing due diligence and honouring the movie franchise??? Something's fishy here. Seriously, can we start our own company and get this done, limited-run highly detailed versions of these. Instant rarity, high-caliber supreme action figurines. I better go lie down... okay, yep, i'm gone.

Reaction score
Well yeah, nice job.
But i have to ask, how is it that an individual can do a better job than a multi-million dollar company who's supposed to be doing due diligence and honouring the movie franchise??? Something's fishy here. Seriously, can we start our own company and get this done, limited-run highly detailed versions of these. Instant rarity, high-caliber supreme action figurines. I better go lie down... okay, yep, i'm gone.
An individual didn't do better than Hasbro as his custom is a simple repaint of an already existing Hasbro figure...

So to answer your question about producing this threepio in a limited run. That pesky copyright on his leg will be a big hurdle.

That and the fact that this threepio is easy/cheap to get. It's an easy (but effective) mod for anyone to do themselves so the whole rarity thing is a non-issue.

And when did Hasbro say they made figures to honor the movies??

Reaction score
Target in Garland, TX has PZ, Hux, Asty, Snowtrooper, Sarco, Wave 2 Kylo and FO Stormtrooper, BB-8 3-pack, and R2/3PO 2-pack.
N. Garland Ave off of 190 for anyone in the Dallas area. I have all of those so I didn't buy any. They're all still there as of right now.

Reaction score

Slowly building a super articulated adult collector main character collection. I have:

SA Kylo Ren (Walmart black series)
SA Storm trooper (Walmart black series)
SA C 3po(custom)
Rectangle legacy millennium falcon dish(in the mail via shape ways)
R2 D2(vintage collection R2 D2, no change to character)

There is hope after all

Reaction score
http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/image288.jpeg Slowly building a super articulated adult collector main character collection. I have: SA Kylo Ren (Walmart black series) SA Storm trooper (Walmart black series) SA C 3po(custom) Rectangle legacy millennium falcon dish(in the mail via shape ways) R2 D2(vintage collection R2 D2, no change to character) There is hope after all
Very nice. I think with upcoming Wave 3 SA Rey, Finn, Poe, and (from the leaked URL list) Wave 4 SA Phasma, I'd say you'll finally have a nice SA main cast collection. I'd think the big 3 returning characters will be good candidates as well if the 3.75" TBS line continues beyond wave 4.

On a side note, what type of gold paint did you use on 3PO's leg?

Reaction score

Slowly building a super articulated adult collector main character collection. I have:

SA Kylo Ren (Walmart black series)
SA Storm trooper (Walmart black series)
SA C 3po(custom)
Rectangle legacy millennium falcon dish(in the mail via shape ways)
R2 D2(vintage collection R2 D2, no change to character)

There is hope after all
That photo shows me why SA is so good. That's a spitting image of a C3 pose from the movies. Nice work! You've just introduced me to why SA is the standard and a must have. Damn, just another thing to exacerbate my OCD:grin::wtf:

Reaction score
Bought this one on evilbay (yeah, I know). I passed it up the one time I saw it in stores and decided it was a must-have. Not until I opened it up did I realize how tiny Threepio is compared to the other 3.75 figures. Anyway, I had actually purchased this directly from Hasbro's ebay store. So I sent them a message addressing it (not that I expect a response) and since no one had left a review for the figure yet, I was able to write a review, in which I addressed the dull gold paint job and the poor scale. I will probably give them negative feedback, as well, though since they are a power seller it is making me wait until 7 days after purchase to do so. Even if it doesn't make much of a difference, at least this may be one way we can force Hasbro to acknowledge our issues with their quality.

Reaction score
Bought this one on evilbay (yeah, I know). I passed it up the one time I saw it in stores and decided it was a must-have. Not until I opened it up did I realize how tiny Threepio is compared to the other 3.75 figures. Anyway, I had actually purchased this directly from Hasbro's ebay store. So I sent them a message addressing it (not that I expect a response) and since no one had left a review for the figure yet, I was able to write a review, in which I addressed the dull gold paint job and the poor scale. I will probably give them negative feedback, as well, though since they are a power seller it is making me wait until 7 days after purchase to do so. Even if it doesn't make much of a difference, at least this may be one way we can force Hasbro to acknowledge our issues with their quality.

Sent using Delorean Time Machine

Reaction score
I saw the R2D2 and C3P0 2 pack in stores and passed on it. I was really annoyed because those 2 are always my favorite figures to get when a new STAR WARS movie comes out. My first figures in 1978 were those 2 so they are special to me.
I thought in person they would look better than in the photos, but I was wrong. The both look cheap and the paint is flat. Not only are the sculpts bad, but there is no metallic paint. All I had to do was go home and look at the ROTS R2D2 and C3P0 to see the last time those 2 figures were done correctly.

Reaction score
I saw the R2D2 and C3P0 2 pack in stores and passed on it. I was really annoyed because those 2 are always my favorite figures to get when a new STAR WARS movie comes out. My first figures in 1978 were those 2 so they are special to me.
I thought in person they would look better than in the photos, but I was wrong. The both look cheap and the paint is flat. Not only are the sculpts bad, but there is no metallic paint. All I had to do was go home and look at the ROTS R2D2 and C3P0 to see the last time those 2 figures were done correctly.
They had been sitting at my LCS at a very low price for ages and I passed on them for those very same reasons.

Reaction score
I would return the item if you're unhappy with it. I'm certainly no Hasbro apologist, but leaving negative feedback on eBay should be based on incorrect item description, slow shipping times, bad communication, shipping figures in bubble mailer. ect, not you disliking a product that you've seen multiple images of beforehand. That's like sending hate mail to Sunshine cause you got a stale box of cheese its. I'd just ask for a refund first. Then send hate mail if they refuse lol :p

Reaction score
I do want a TFA C3-P0, but the red arm seems so stupid now. It seemingly only happened for one quick gag with Han, and then it's fixed. Doesn't really seem worth it.
Seems kind of a running trend with TFA figures.

Ello Asty- on screen for 3 seconds, then dies. Although there is a continuity error/ second Abnedo pilot in the final Resistance scene.
C-3PO - Has red arm for most of his small screen time, but gets it replaced by the time the film is over.
Constable Zuvio - aka Sir-Not-Appearing-in-this-Film.
PZ-4CO and Goss - Hey look, there they are! Oh.....that was it?

Reaction score
Seems kind of a running trend with TFA figures.

Ello Asty- on screen for 3 seconds, then dies. Although there is a continuity error/ second Abnedo pilot in the final Resistance scene.
C-3PO - Has red arm for most of his small screen time, but gets it replaced by the time the film is over.
Constable Zuvio - aka Sir-Not-Appearing-in-this-Film.
PZ-4CO and Goss - Hey look, there they are! Oh.....that was it?

yeah. Although I have no problem with Asty and PZ. They are clearly visible onscreen. And even if they were less obvious, memorable SW figures are often very obscure onscreen.

Reaction score
I do want a TFA C3-P0, but the red arm seems so stupid now. It seemingly only happened for one quick gag with Han, and then it's fixed. Doesn't really seem worth it.
And now even the damn black series figure has it

Sent using Delorean Time Machine

Reaction score
But one would have to admit that the red arm of C3 is pretty unique. If we don't ever see it again in a Star Wars movie then the figure will be cherished in the future i reckon.

Reaction score
I was looking at this pack in a store yesterday, I've never really paid it much mind before. Non vac 3PO's kind of bore me, and I have no shortage of R2's. But looking at it closer... does 3PO look kind of... chubby around the middle to anyone else?

Reaction score
He actually looks kind of chubby in the middle in the film as well. Someone mentioned it on SSF in the 3-P0 thread and when I saw the film for the second time yesterday I saw what they were talking about. It's like they widened the torso on the costume or something.

Reaction score
Anybody else notice that 3PO's red arm seems to mysteriously vanish and is replaced by a gold arm for the ending sequence? When Rey and Chewie are flying off to find Luke, and everyone is waving, C-3PO is waving with 2 gold arms (or that's at least how it looked to me).

Reaction score
Anybody else notice that 3PO's red arm seems to mysteriously vanish and is replaced by a gold arm for the ending sequence? When Rey and Chewie are flying off to find Luke, and everyone is waving, C-3PO is waving with 2 gold arms (or that's at least how it looked to me).
He says he needs to get it replaced, and after that I guess he does. Feels like that Disney "synergy" at work, aka "Hey JJ, can C3PO have a red arm? Maybe mention it for no reason in particular?" and then we get the comic that explains the arm, and the toy and promotion of the red arm, and then of course he goes back to the gold arm for the next film, just to make sure everyone bought that TFA Threepio merchandise instead of just keeping their old stuff. I guess it is always possible JJ had an idea for it, but it isn't there in the movie and even the novel and other materials, except that 3PO comic I haven't read, don't really seem to say anything about it.

Reaction score
Does he really say this? Where in the film? I genuinely cannot remember this line...
It's VERY fast and you were probably too busy watching Han and Leia stare one another down as it's right before their big reunion scene. But as Threepio walks off with BB-8 after his interruption he says to BB-8 something like "Yes, you are right, I do need to get my proper arm back" Again -- I am paraphrasing here.

Reaction score
If the C-3PO figure was more shiny (like old times) i think the red arm would do him justice, it's got a nice improvised B-grade sci-fi look to it, but the matte flat color used by Hasbro for this figure is a little bit enigmatic, why choose such flat-looking paint? Seems we won't ever see C3 with a red arm again, grab the figure while you still can, it'll be rare in the future.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna rush out and buy up the 5000 or so I've seen warming the pegs since Force Friday.

Reaction score
C-3PO: Goodness! Han Solo! It is I, See-

Threepio!

(sees Han, stops)

You probably don't recognize me

because of the red arm.

(sees Leia,

increasingly awkward)

Look who it is! Did you see who?

Oh. Excuse me, Prin-- uh, General.

Sorry. Come along, BB-8. Quickly.

(BB-8 beeps)