R2-D2 and C-3PO

Reaction score
It is, especially since you can't even make that Threepio sit without mangling the leg sculpt near the hip joint...I'd love to be wrong if they retooled it, but not counting on it.

Oh well, at least Artoo can finally start that arms race with POTF2 R5-D4.
The wires on 3POs midsection look retooled. Who knows. Maybe other parts are as well.

Utinniii

Reaction score
SPOILER! C3PO has the red arm to show his victory over Bad Robot in a Cage Battlebot Deathmatch!:p

Reaction score
Are those things even gonna be in the movie? This could be a huge spoiler. OR it could be another lame gimmick.
There is a simple answer to your question. Now that you have seen those stupid electricity "launcher" attachments, is the movie spoiled for you? A true spoiler, would be revealing the Vader/Luke twist before seeing the movie.

The answer to your question, is LAME GIMMICK.

Reaction score
Might swap the arm to another 3PO. I need a pair for each movie shelf I have.

Reaction score
I think the red arm is a nod to Chappie. Simon Kinberg worked on both films. Anywho, this pack, the BB-8 pack, and the Vader/ahsoka pack are the only mission series ones I am getting.

Reaction score
UN-EDIT: My mistake, he worked on Rebels. But still, I would love to see Chappie in the background of one scene. Maybe in a Jawa sandcrawler?

Reaction score
Are those things even gonna be in the movie? This could be a huge spoiler. OR it could be another lame gimmick.
Yea I was wondering the same thing about the nerf launcher on the new millennium falcon. If the falcon launches nerf darts in the movie, that toy could be a pretty big spoiler.

Reaction score
Disappointed with Hasbro's version, I banged out my own TFA 3po last night. This is the current Black Series 3po with one ten minute coat of paint (You can see it needs a second coat/detailing still) - hardly any work at all, yet I'm much happier with it than with Hasbro's take...

(Paint = Tamiya Gold Leaf on body. Arm is a custom mix of Tamiya Red and Tamiya Hull Red.)

Reaction score
Disappointed with Hasbro's version, I banged out my own TFA 3po last night. This is the current Black Series 3po with one ten minute coat of paint (You can see it needs a second coat/detailing still) - hardly any work at all, yet I'm much happier with it than with Hasbro's take...
(Paint = Tamiya Gold Leaf on body. Arm is a custom mix of Tamiya Red and Tamiya Hull Red.)
That looks great so far, MKoS!

Reaction score
C3PO, belonged to Anakin. He built him. Yes to help his Mom but when his Mom died 3PO was Anakin not the Lars families droid. Why do you think he kept Baba Feet from shooting at 3PO in Empire? Now for Anakin and Obi Wan to be using R2 did seem a little weird.

Reaction score
I have a feeling C3P0 in the movie will use that new arm as a weapon. Some hidden blaster or something with upgraded tech. There has to be a reason for not painting it.
If that Comes to pass, then Hasbro really had some deep involvement in this film.

Reaction score
I may end up takings this back. I have a c3po met vac and r2 is the same from rebels I believe. If I just need a red arm I'll paint it lol.

Reaction score
I may end up takings this back. I have a c3po met vac and r2 is the same from rebels I believe. If I just need a red arm I'll paint it lol.
R2 looks to be the same from the threepio R2 mission series. The saga legends from that goofy Vader packaging. It's all a straight repack just with a newly painted threepio. Same molds.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, he doesn't really sit much at all. That's as far forward as his legs go.
That's a little disappointing, I had hoped they had fixed. Thank you for the info.
Yeah, what a bummer. I ended up getting one of those digital 4-packs with Threepio pretty cheaply, and he's my standing "nice" version...The MS Threepio is my "designated sitter", because I tried to bend his legs when I first got him, and learned the hard way that he wasn't designed to sit. :\

Reaction score
I had to get the new pack, because Malibu Stacy has a new hat...I mean, 3po has a red arm!!!! Should be here by the end of the week.

Reaction score
I found one at Target tonight and was able to compare 3PO side by side to the Mission Series version.

The torso is actually a new sculpt. The easiest difference to spot is the wiring around his waist front and back is a different pattern. The circle pattern around his abdomen is also different. It has more circles and they are very close together. The pattern sort looks like vinyl record grooves. On his back, the control box pattern is even different. lastly, they did re-sculpt the hip area. If you look at the MS 3PO from the side where the leg meets the torso, the hip is cut almost straight across. On the Force Awakens 3PO it's a half circle and cut much higher.

The figure still can't really sit. But it can lean forward much further than the MS 3PO which can barely move at the hips.

Reaction score
I found one at Target tonight and was able to compare 3PO side by side to the Mission Series version.

The torso is actually a new sculpt. The easiest difference to spot is the wiring around his waist front and back is a different pattern. The circle pattern around his abdomen is also different. It has more circles and they are very close together. The pattern sort looks like vinyl record grooves. On his back, the control box pattern is even different. lastly, they did re-sculpt the hip area. If you look at the MS 3PO from the side where the leg meets the torso, the hip is cut almost straight across. On the Force Awakens 3PO it's a half circle and cut much higher.

The figure still can't really sit. But it can lean forward much further than the MS 3PO which can barely move at the hips.

You in US?

JVM

Reaction score
If I saw this on sale, I might grab it on an impulse buy, but mostly unimpressed - I'm probably one of the bigger fans of C-3PO out there, and he's not a character who needed to be changed cosmetically, and I don't think anyone's expecting his red arm to be the deus ex machina of TFA. The fact they got rid of the silver leg too is a bummer, since that was one of my favorite bits.

GNT

Reaction score
The movie is set 30 years after ROTJ, wear and tear is bound to happen in that time. We're lucky he isn't missing/replaced more pieces.

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has a can of spraypaint in Star Wars. Ok, so he needed a new arm, fine. No one has a can of gold spraypaint to at least kind of fake it. Yeah, it wouldn't match but it'd be closer. The silver leg was nice and subtle. It always felt like the gold had just been badly weathered and turned silver. Much like the vac-metal Threepio figures.

What would have helped this set more for me is if R2 had been retooled into a 3rd leg version. I like the size of the Mission Series R2. He's much more accurate in scale, but I'd like a 3rd leg version like the old Tatooine Mission R2.

Reaction score
Picked up this set today and actually don't have any problem with it. Keeping it in the box and looks good on the shelf with the other TFA figures.

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has a can of spraypaint in Star Wars. Ok, so he needed a new arm, fine. No one has a can of gold spraypaint to at least kind of fake it. Yeah, it wouldn't match but it'd be closer. The silver leg was nice and subtle. It always felt like the gold had just been badly weathered and turned silver. Much like the vac-metal Threepio figures.
Its like Rebels show using small wing TIEs and transports based on toys. It's all to sell more toys.

Reaction score
Its like Rebels show using small wing TIEs and transports based on toys. It's all to sell more toys.
Or maybe the guys working on the show just wanted to include the toys they played with as kids. If it was really "to sell more toys" wouldn't we have seen a Rebels TIE Fighter and/or a rerelease of the Troop Transport?