R2-D2 #10

Sev

Reaction score
Depending on what exactly this R2 does, I may get it. If it was the R4 mold with clicky head, count me in. All this VOTC + Electronics talk may shy me away from it.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'll be picking this one up, I was hoping for an R4 mold repaint..but the accessories are cool, and since I dont collect vehicles, I dont have any of them...guess its one of those "wait to see it at the store" figures...

Reaction score
Crap, if it was the R4 mold with a non-chrome-dome, maybe, but even though I'd like those accesories, I won't buy something I already have with just some dirt on it.

Reaction score
I too was hoping out for a repainted R4. But now that I think about it, Hasbro made a movie-accurate move using the VOTC R2 because of the periscope he used to track form Luke's signal.

Reaction score
I wasn't going to get this one, but after seeing the sensor and the accessories, I'm in.

Reaction score
Yep... I think this R2 isn't the R4-G9 mold. I'm sure he's the VOTC one with added electronic features and accessories. On the carded pic I see clearly.

Reaction score
Tyrannusspotting said:
I too was hoping out for a repainted R4. But now that I think about it, Hasbro made a movie-accurate move using the VOTC R2 because of the periscope he used to track form Luke's signal.
Yeah, but the chrome is totally inaccurate. That kills it for me. Oh well, we've got till 2018....

Reaction score
Hasbro repainted the light but took off the paint on Luke's food? I was gonna pass but since they repainted him I'm gonna have to buy him.

Reaction score
MisterKenobi said:
What makes you all think he's electronic?
MisterKenobi is right. There was never a confirmation that he's electronic.

Reaction score
There's information on the offical Hasbro SW site about the electronic features of this figure. Definitely he's electronic. Take a look.

Reaction score
MisterKenobi said:
But the package says nothing, and the figure tells its own story.
I TOTALLY agree. There is NOTHING to confirm that this fig will be electronic. I hope it is (nice addition to the VOTC mold), but I'm doubting it. Just because Hasbro's site says so, does NOT mean it will be. Look at the loose promotional pic. It clearly shows an ROTS style R4 repaint, and the figure turned out to be a VOTC fig. Early pics and "linear notes" are ALWAYS subject to change. Hasbro changes stuff ALL THE TIME!

Again, I say that this will NOT be electronic. I should have the fig this week and will be able to end this debate!

Reaction score
oh man, if this is a repack of VOTC R2, i'm gonna have to add him to my list of saga figures to buy. it's like all the new sculpts are amazing and the repacks are predicted to be pegwarmers. hmmmm. hint hint, hasbro. i can't see if he has any of his gizmos too. but man will this ever be nice. VOTC for much less that comes with more.

excuse me while i drool at these pictures some more

Reaction score
Rune_Haako said:
Again, just because the site says so, does not mean that's how the final figure came out. The site is also showing the ROTS repaint and NOT the VOTC style that they used for the final fig.
Do not believe everything you read. I will hold judgement until the actual figure surfaces...........

Reaction score
Well, the promo image can be from a generic mold, but not the features of the figure. There's an extended text explaining the characteristics, and Hasbro says "with electronic lights and sounds". They can miss to tell the feature, but not to include it on the release. Well, that's what I think...

Reaction score
that is a great detail of this astromech droid. what this droid needs a luke skywalker - snowspeeder pilot figure.

I hope he will be made w/removable helmet (working visor, chin strap) lightsaber hilt, lightsaber blade, detonator, grapple beam he use to get up the at at walker and a blaster. he'll need a SA (ball jointed shoulders, swivel arms, ball jointed knees, swivel wait, ball jointed ankles.

he needs a hoth base!

Reaction score
GothicZartan said:
that is a great detail of this astromech droid. what this droid needs a luke skywalker - snowspeeder pilot figure.

I hope he will be made w/removable helmet (working visor, chin strap) lightsaber hilt, lightsaber blade, detonator, grapple beam he use to get up the at at walker and a blaster. he'll need a SA (ball jointed shoulders, swivel arms, ball jointed knees, swivel wait, ball jointed ankles.

he needs a hoth base!
OK, but before we need an ANH Luke Pilot, and we'll have him...(?)

Reaction score
GothicZartan said:

he needs a hoth base!
????

Reaction score
mrmforceX said:
Rune_Haako said:
Again, just because the site says so, does not mean that's how the final figure came out. The site is also showing the ROTS repaint and NOT the VOTC style that they used for the final fig.
Do not believe everything you read. I will hold judgement until the actual figure surfaces...........
I started this thread with my previous quote to prove a point.
DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!

Like I predicted this figure is NOT electronic!!!!!!
He is simply a repaint of the VOTC/Early bird R2. He's more dirty and the panel is glued on (like the EB R2).

The pics:

Comparison pic with the VOTC and EB R2-D2:

GNT

Reaction score
Same the figure doesn't do much for me but I do love the accessories so I'll be picking it up

Reaction score
I loved the VOTC R2 to begin with, so I'll grab one of these. I can always use a spare for a dio and the accessories alone are reason enough to pick this one up. Just as I said about the Vader in this wave, I'm happy to see that good figures are being used for the repacks.

GNT

Reaction score
Picked up the R2 from TSC - I like it, it's nice to have an R2 who doesnt have a voice chip for once
Plus R2 looks great in the bubble with all the accessories!

Reaction score
I like this one better than both of the ROTS versions. The electronic one was kind of fun
but there's just something about the chrome dome that really makes the Saga one cool.

Reaction score
DarthTagnan said:
Yep... I think this R2 isn't the R4-G9 mold. I'm sure he's the VOTC one with added electronic features and accessories. On the carded pic I see clearly.
Don't know but my son loves him so I'm happy with it.

Reaction score
This R2 is great, and always a welcome repack. I think it's safe to say the best repack of the line.

Reaction score
Just got this R2 figure in the mail today from amazon.

Nice accessories for Hoth/Dagobah but I think Hasbro went overboard with the snow stains paint deco on the figure. Other than that I like the R2 D2 figure since I needed an original trilogy R2D2 figure anyway. Just have to deal with the snow stains deco on the body and the lower part of the legs. He's an old droid anyway so I can just pretend they're scorch marks on his body or whatever