R1 Micro Death Star, how it should have been

Reaction score
Just because I can, I loaded this thing up with tons of extra figures. R1 is the only Star Wars movie since ROTJ that I like, and I'm mostly a Micro Collection guy... so when the opportunity came up to do R1 in Micro Machines, I had to take it.

And it can be used to play ANH! I guess you could also do it up as Death Star II with the emperor and such... hmm...

Reaction score
Just because I can, I loaded this thing up with tons of extra figures. R1 is the only Star Wars movie since ROTJ that I like, and I'm mostly a Micro Collection guy... so when the opportunity came up to do R1 in Micro Machines, I had to take it.

And it can be used to play ANH! I guess you could also do it up as Death Star II with the emperor and such... hmm...

That's awesome! Very cool and creative.

Reaction score

Looks like a great set.
As I'm not to familiar with it, I'm curious what (how much?) did you change?
Something physical about the set? Did you add (customize?) figures?
Also do you (or anyone) know the measurements? Height - Width? When Open vs. Closed?
How big is this compared to the older Action Fleet Death Star?
I know the figures are the smaller scale. I mean the size of the entire set?

I'm curious since the Action Fleet DS represented the RTJ DSII, I always wanted another DS to display the other ANH side, opposite the Action Fleet Yavin base, but didn't want to buy the same set twice.

Seeing the A New Hope figures displayed throughout your image above, reminded me of this, and makes me think it could work.
I'd likley gut all the beige Jedha elements , and reduce it to the solid grey elements where I could.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like a great set.
As I'm not to familiar with it, I'm curious what (how much?) did you change?
Something physical about the set? Did you add (customize?) figures?
Also do you (or anyone) know the measurements? Height - Width? When Open vs. Closed?
How big is this compared to the older Action Fleet Death Star?
I know the figures are the smaller scale. I mean the size of the entire set?
The only figures that were included with the playset are Jyn Erso (kneeling), Death Trooper, and AT-ST. All other figures/ships either come from the '90s Galoob MicroMachines line (figures and vehicles packs, Expanded Universe packs or playsets), or from the Hasbro revived MicroMachine line from 2015-2016 (Chewbacca, Krennic, Moroff, Shoretrooper, Baze Malbus). The figures are ca. 2cm in height, so that should help you figure out a rough estimate of the total height (I don't have the thing at hand, so I can't help you out).

There doesn't appear to be any custom paint or added elements other than the figures/vehicles.

Reaction score
The only figures that were included with the playset are Jyn Erso (kneeling), Death Trooper, and AT-ST. All other figures/ships either come from the '90s Galoob MicroMachines line (figures and vehicles packs, Expanded Universe packs or playsets), or from the Hasbro revived MicroMachine line from 2015-2016 (Chewbacca, Krennic, Moroff, Shoretrooper, Baze Malbus). The figures are ca. 2cm in height, so that should help you figure out a rough estimate of the total height (I don't have the thing at hand, so I can't help you out).

There doesn't appear to be any custom paint or added elements other than the figures/vehicles.
Got it, thanks! They [OP^] even clearly state they are just adding figures, LOL! Got swept in by the images. I didn't realize Hasbro had continued other individual micro figures into the Rogue One line (with mini ships)
As to the scale, yeah the figure scale proximity is what has me contemplating it for an analogues Death Star I for an Action Fleet display opposite the Yavin Temple base.
Found some scale estimates abt 11.1/2" closed -14" open.
Seems like a pretty good match as it would loom larger than Yavin base.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Action Fleet and MicroMachines figures have significantly different scales. But as long as you don't put both kind of figures next to each other you should be ok.