R.I.P. Dave Prowse

Reaction score
I met Dave a few times at the cons before he was wrongly banned by GL. So cordial and polite. One half of the true Darth Vader. His work in life, along with his role as Vader makes him legendary. Another hero gone, but his legend will live forever. RIP Sir David.

Reaction score
Not sure if he or Peter were my first auto, but they were both at the same show. Have enjoyed seeing him many times over the years. RIP Dave.

Reaction score
I met Dave Prowse at my first ever convention in 2005 and I met him at his last ever in 2017. Dave's passing was a sad one for me as I met him so often and he was always incredibly polite and friendly every time I met him.

My thoughts are with his wife Norma and the rest of Mr Prowse's family during this time.

Reaction score
I got his autograph a few times over the years, he was always polite and had a smile. Dave and Peter were some of the first SW celebrities that I met and got autos from. Those early experiences with them are what got me hooked on going to cons. RIP Dave.

Reaction score
As a certain dark lord once said, "This will be a day long remembered..."

As with other posted here, I was fortunate to meet Mr. Prowse over the years.

Heard recently, COVID might have contributed to his passing.
I can't wait until this year is over.

Hopefully, next year will be an improvement.

Reaction score
I don’t know if this is the right place for this story, but here it come.
In 1980 my father given me a ‘The Empire Strikes Back’ Poster/Magazine with following written on it, ‘Darth Vader/Dave Prowse’.
You see my father worked for a local bus company that did coach trips to Blackpool throughout the year & on one of the trips that he took down there. My father said that he run into ‘The Green Cross Code Man’, my father just happens to have the Poster/Magazine with him & Dave Prowse to sign it because dad knew that Dave Prowse ‘The Green Cross Code Man’ was also Darth Vader.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have it for very long because I decided to take it to school one day & some bigger boys thought it would be fun to destroy it in front of me. Maybe it was fun for them to that to me, but I had my own measure of fun by breaking each of their noses, but that another story.
About a year later, the local toy shop that I spend most of my pocket money at was going to have a special guest appearance by ‘Darth Vader’, I hounded my mum & had to take me to it. There was a long cue to just get into the shop, once inside we were told that Lord Vader wouldn’t be signing any Autograph. While my mum kept me busy buying me whatever Star Wars figures I wanted, my dad cornered the guy wearing the Darth Vader costume & threaten him with revealing his true identical in front of all us kids, unless he signed another Poster/Magazine for me.
Now, I don’t know if the original Poster/Magazine was really signed by the late Dave Prowse because I didn’t witness it myself. But I know for a fact that the second Poster/Magazine was most likely signed by some guy wearing a Darth Vader costume because two years later Lord Vader made another appearance at the same toy shop & I saw him getting changed into his costume, as did everyone else in the cue.