Qui-Gon Jinn w/Light up lightsaber - MH18

Reaction score
True, but when it comes out this good it's worth it. Why Hasbro didn't just give us this in the TVC line is beyond me.

Reaction score
With robes from the TVC figures:
Ah, now that's the picture I've been waiting for ever since these figures were first shown off last year. That's how I'd want to display mine.

Heads swapped with TVC Qui-Gon and TVC AOTC Obi-Wan:
So the AOTC Obi Wan body swap does work, after all? I remember someone saying it didn't. Were any special modifications required for the peg to fit?

Last edited:
Reaction score
No mods needed to either the pegs or the heads for either figure. Obi-Wan's head pretty much popped right on the AOTC body. Qui-Gon's needed a little encouragement, but it went on with a little bit of force.

Reaction score
That picture with the robes is top-notch! That is how my light-up figures will be spending much of their time :)

Reaction score
Because of all the great pics here I went ahead and grabbed a TVC Qui-Gon using the target coupon. Now I just need a Light-Up Qui-Gon...

GNT

Reaction score
Saw this the other day, the likeness on the one I saw on the pegs was horrible. Very tempted t opick up but I couldn't justify it this time.

GNT

Reaction score
It's nice but I'm over the gimmicks, I'd rather the perfect version of a figure instead of a light up lightsaber lol

Reaction score
I've done the head swap thing and I've only been happy with it for a Tatooine poncho Qui-Gon from the Eeopie set. The head is actually a bit too large for the Evo body and the poncho obscures that fact. For a normal look with a cloak, it doesn't look right to me.

I actually like this and the Obi-Wan enough that I've swapped out the Evo/Legacy/Vintage figures for these in my display and haven't looked back. Slap some cloaks on them and they look even better. Ultimate figures? No, but they look darn good. Better than their more poseable predecessors.

Reaction score
I just picked up this guy today at Toys R Us, he still doesn't ring up when they scan him. I'll be doing the head swap tonight. I'll never understand why these versions weren't in wave 1 instead of the Evo/Legacy/Vintage body. The movie heroes would have probably moved better if the figures were actually different from the Vintage line.

Reaction score
I just picked up this guy today at Toys R Us, he still doesn't ring up when they scan him. I'll be doing the head swap tonight. I'll never understand why these versions weren't in wave 1 instead of the Evo/Legacy/Vintage body. The movie heroes would have probably moved better if the figures were actually different from the Vintage line.
To get double sales out of us from Hasbro. That is why the heads are the way they are.

Reaction score
To get double sales out of us from Hasbro. That is why the heads are the way they are.
The Vintage Qui-gon is exactly the same as the Movie Heroes Qui-gon from wave 1. No way does that get double the sales out of me. Replace the movie heroes wave 1 qui-gon with this one. They still get double the sales out of me but at least we don't have all those extra wave 1 Qui-Gon's clogging the pegs when the exact same figure on the Vintage card is already doing that. And very well I might add.

Reaction score
Saw this the other day on vacation but passed in favor of the Deleted Scene Luke. Hopefully these'll show up locally soon.

Reaction score
I've got a spare, headless, body to swap out if and when the batteries die...which could be sooner than later as much as my 5yr old plays with him.

Reaction score
I still can't believe the batteries aren't replaceable. I only got them for the heads anyways and offed the light up figs to some 'lil dudes, but that's still a serious shortcoming...

Reaction score
Me too, I plan on using the head, the left and and the legs. So I'll probably be cracking this guy open to steal the legs. I guess I'll report how easy it is in case someone wants to replace the batteries down the road.

Reaction score
Me too, I plan on using the head, the left and and the legs. So I'll probably be cracking this guy open to steal the legs. I guess I'll report how easy it is in case someone wants to replace the batteries down the road.
What are you going to do with one arm, and two under articulated legs?

Reaction score
What are you going to do with one arm, and two under articulated legs?
That should have said left hand, there's always room in the fodder box for extra hands. And the legs aren't that under articulated. They have knee joints. Sure they don't have ankle joints, but that's not that big of a deal.

Reaction score
Stumbled across one by chance today and picked it up.

I have to say yhe head sculpt I got is terrific and even the body doesn't seem as outsized as Obi Wan.

Nice figure overall, although bought for the head but hey....

I'm still not backing down on my assertion non replaceable batteries is as they're aimed at 3 and over. I think kids are more likely to choke on the stupid dice!

I'm sure there will be a battery replacement tutorial somewhere soon...................?

Reaction score
I bought both Qui Gonn and Obi Wan for their heads, gave Qui Gonnn the eveolutions head (had to put some blue sticky stuff in it to make it fit and gave the Obi Wan the legacy head and then gave them to my son. He enjoys the crud out of them and I also find myself messing with them on occasion. The light up sabers are a cool action feature.

Reaction score
I saw one of these without the mustache painted on the figure's face. Is this a variant or a one time error?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought both Qui Gonn and Obi Wan for their heads, gave Qui Gonnn the eveolutions head (had to put some blue sticky stuff in it to make it fit and gave the Obi Wan the legacy head and then gave them to my son. He enjoys the crud out of them and I also find myself messing with them on occasion. The light up sabers are a cool action feature.
First he's Qui-Gon, then he's Qui-Gonn, then he's Qui-Gonnn? :p

Reaction score
I'm usually never one to dabble in customizing. And because Hasbro will be making figures for the next decade or more, it's entirely possible that they'll release a better Qui-Gon, but I couldn't resist picking one of these up when I finally found one that had great paint apps. Quick head swap and viola. I gave him an extra cloak from the vintage Aayla because the darker color is a close screen match to Qui-Gon's.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I recently picked this figure up, and even as a collector I admit that I like it. I thought with the light-up feature aimed at kids that I wouldnt get any of them, but I'm glad I have this one. The likeness and sculpt are actually great - this is probably the best of the light-up figures they've released.

Reaction score
I agree, great figure! I initially bought one just for the head (swapped it to the TVC), but thought he was so cool I picked up a second one to keep stock...and now I have a backup body for when the batteries die. Did the same with Obi-Wan.