Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM)

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface.com it’s rumoured we’ll seeing Qui-Gon Jinn on an Episode 1 card back similar to the Ep1 carded Darth Maul/Obi-Wan that was previously released as a way to help celebrate 50years of Lucasfilm.

Who is interested in seeing this figure return?

Reaction score
I would love to add Qui Gun to my Black series collection. I hope he has a new head sculpt and is easier to acquire than the Obi Wan and Darth Maul were.

Reaction score
Me...missed him 1st time around as I was not collecting then. face looks horrible, and EBay prices are through the roof for him. I am really expecting Hasbro to use Photo Real so his face will look much better.

Reaction score
Are they going to update the headsculpt?
Guess we'll have to wait for Friday's reveals; Jayson is being coy about it. I'm guessing that they know they can't do the goofy detached/recessed eyeballs thing with Qui-Gon again, and so if they're going to rework the head/face so he has eyes akin to the rest of the line then perhaps they can invest the time in a new facesculpt as well. That's my hope anyway.

Reaction score
The sculpt is fine, no? It's just the weird try-out they went for with the original release and paint.
I'mn sure it will look kick-a55 when it drops with updated paint :)

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
The sculpt is fine, no? It's just the weird try-out they went for with the original release and paint.
I'mn sure it will look kick-a55 when it drops with updated paint :)
The problem was, the eye technique was misplaced on a large number of them (possible majority), making him look like he was wearing a bad Halloween mask. If they don't fix THAT, it won't matter how well he's painted

Reaction score
I just simply do not think the photo real process will work on the older head. When introduced Hasbro said it can't get into deep recesses and really has a lot of requirements for a good print. Probably why so many new figures have separate hair pieces so the prints are in obstructed. Would also explain why updated figures almost always look worse than new ones. It'll be interesting to see what they do

Reaction score
Are they going to update the headsculpt?
They better. A great 3 3/4" headsculpt for the Solo line (hidden underneath pre-photo print paint), that was sculpted digitally already exists and could be used for a new mold. Also, the original headsculpt was unfortuately used for a weird experiment where they eyes were a separate sculpt from the face. What fool thought that would work on a 6" headsculpt, especially one that most likely wouldn't get revisited.

It would also be nice if they used the AOTC Obi Wan's or Mace Windu's torso that allow for greater range of arm motion, but I somehow doubt Hasbro will invest in kitbashing it.

Reaction score
Is this exclusive to anyone in particular? Can't watch the livestream, youtube is block at work.

Reaction score
as i understand all TPM cardback figures are exclusive to Best buy and are launching at 1PM today----no timezone specfied

Reaction score
Something feels off about the face (too wide maybe?), but the same was the case for Din Djarin and that turned out fine.

Reaction score
I think he looks pretty good! This is the only one of these I want, hopefully I can snag one. Never done a PO from Best Buy, but can't be any worse than WalMart right?

Reaction score
Does he come with the alternate hand like the original release?

Face does seem slightly 'swollen' on one side (looks like hes chewed a Wasp!) But still a massive Improvement on the old release

Reaction score
Was OOS, but was able to put one in a few minutes later. Maybe I tried to order prematurely.

I didn't know I had 2 $5 coupons in my account so getting this at $16 sweetens the deal. :D

Reaction score
I noticed the face looks a little wide too, but I think it's just the angle. Hasbro's glamour shots are never that great. I saw some repaints of the first release that looked great so I think the sculpt is pretty solid.

Got my preorder in. It's serendipitous, I literally just sold my Qui-Gon like two weeks ago, because as much as I love the character, the figure's face was a mess. That weird eye thing they did and the off center mustache; that coupled with the stupid aftermarket money he was commanding, I figured a face-print figure was coming, maybe in next year's archive line. So this is a pleasant surprise.

Reaction score
Was it mentioned if the cards are foil, like the Celebration exclusives? I hope so. They look like it. Those are nice thick cards too.

Put my order in for Qui Gon to go with Obi Wan and Maul.

Reaction score
I got in a preorder for Qui Gon and Mace. Shipping was free. Now I need to get around to picking up Jar Jar.