Question: Hot Toys C-3PO All Metal?

Reaction score
Dear fellow Jedi and Sith,

I was wondering has anyone heard anything regarding the possibility of a die-cast all-metal C-3PO in the works by Hot Toys?
I own the Bandai Chogokin R2-D2 and have been desperately trying to find the Chogokin C-3PO to complete the duo. However, I was very impressed with the Hot Toys version of R2-D2 (only the dome is metal as far as I know). So do you think they will follow it with a metal C-3PO?

Reaction score
not sure but the Chogokin 3PO is one of my favorite pieces in my collection.
I purchased one from Amazon long time ago but it suffered from certain defects which are very common to this particular figure. Scratches on the metal surface, broken cylinders on the joints and cables around the belly.. paint chips etc.. It is hard to come by a copy in pristine condition..

Reaction score
Was there ever a knock off of the Chogokin C3PO? Theres a Anime store in my local mall that has a 3PO for sale, not sure on the price. But my wife says almost everything in the store is knock offs. She's an expert on spotting fake anime things.

Reaction score
Was there ever a knock off of the Chogokin C3PO? Theres a Anime store in my local mall that has a 3PO for sale, not sure on the price. But my wife says almost everything in the store is knock offs. She's an expert on spotting fake anime things.
I've never heard of one.. but the weight itself would give it away immediately.. this is a very heavy completely metal figure and the cables around the belly are all real cables.. so shouldn't be hard to confirm... But if I were you I would trust the Mrs's instincts anyway :)

Reaction score
I've never heard of one.. but the weight itself would give it away immediately.. this is a very heavy completely metal figure and the cables around the belly are all real cables.. so shouldn't be hard to confirm... But if I were you I would trust the Mrs's instincts anyway :)
I was just curious. I actually have one already, that I bought when they first came out. That store just has an odd selection of older things that I am for some reason intrigued as to why they haven't sold. I think they are asking something like $650 or more for him. So I'm sure thats part of it.