Question for ya....

G

...does anyone know if Hasbro will for sure restart the action fleet line with EP2, and if so, will that mean we will get the classic trilogy AF (Star Destroyer) that we saw last year?

Reaction score
Yes, Hasbro plans on reviving the Action Fleet line next year for E2, although it's still unclear how expansive a revival it will be. There have been statements made that much of the product will be prequel-oriented, but I'm sure if they have a Classic Trilogy ship like the Star Destroyer ready for production, I assume they'd eventually release it. I wonder if they'll ever release that blue podracer vehicle in E1, I believe it was Neva Kee's...?

Anyway, there will be more Action Fleet product in 2002.

Reaction score
Bring it on! The star destroyer would be nice, especially since it's one of the most important ships in the trilogy. Some of the rebel fleet ships would be welcome as well.

It was neva Kee's pod (the blue one with the pod in front). I think the other was Boles Roor's.

Reaction score
Yes, the other one was Boles Roor's podracer. The Ep 1 and Classic Trilogy Action Fleet will be coming under a "classic" banner and will be released as around 40% of the later cases of Ep 2 Action Fleet.

G

I got another question for you guys. Are the Alpha Action Fleet vehicles the exact same as the regular Action Fleet? Do they have the same pilot/figures? Thanks.

Reaction score
in the classic trilogy sets, Series Alpha Action Fleet vehicles and figures have different paint jobs, but are the same molds (for all intensive purposes). the Ep 1 Series Alpha are totally different though.

Reaction score
The minor exception to the OT Alpha Series is the Tyderium. I have two shuttles, one each from the regular and Alpha series. The canopy is hinged differently.

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: Jedi Idej ]

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Idej:
The minor exception to the OT Alpha Series is the Tyderium. I have two shuttles, one each from the regular and Alpha series. The canopy is hinged differently.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's actually an issue between the first and second release of the regular AF Shuttle, the first series ones with the silver logo boxes had the old style hinge, the gold logo boxed ones had the new style hinge. Same thing with the A-wing, except the A-wing never got released as a Series Alpha.

Reaction score
JT -- really? Was there ever a reason given for the change in hinges on both ships? Out of curiousity, which one's which? All of my vehicles are out of the package so I have no way of distinguishing.

Reaction score
I don't have both Imperial Shuttles, so I don't know which is which, but on the A-wing, it's plain why they changed it, the original "hidden" style hinge with a rod that went into the body was too loose. The second one can be seen from the outside of the ship, it's a standard toy hinge. I know on the later Imp Shuttle design, the hinge is similar to that A-wing one with a more obvious look, so I believe the original one was probably another in-body "hidden" hinge that became too loose. (it's also possible this style of articulation was too expensive and/or difficult to manufacture in the quantities they wanted)

G

I'm going to keep bugging you guys with my newbie questions...

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>1. The KB exclusive 2 pack with Luke's landspeeder and the ATST, do they come with the little stands?

2.Are they about the same size as the rest of the AF line, or are they smaller vehicles like the battle packs?

3.Was the Flash Speeder made in the EP1 AF line?

4.Which of the EP1 AF vehicles were hard to find?
[/list]
Thanks

Reaction score
I'm not sure about your first question (I believe only the Landspeeder would come with a stand), but here are the answers to the other ones:

"2.Are the (KB Landspeeder and AT-ST 2 pack) about the same size as the rest of the AF line, or are they smaller vehicles like the battle packs?"

They are identical to the battle pack ones. The only real difference is in the exclusive packaging.

"3.Was the Flash Speeder made in the EP1 AF line?"

Yes. It's nice. Check it out here:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys/e1mmafflashspeeder.jpg

"4.Which of the EP1 AF vehicles were hard to find?"

The last wave, which consisted of the Sith Infiltrator, the Queen's Royal Starship, the Droid Control Ship and Federation Tank (NON-remote control version). The Droid Control Ship and Tank are particularly rare, since there were only one of each per case. The Gungan Sub is also rare, although less so. And I understand the Episode Alpha Vehicle wave is hard to find, even though I saw these at retail, while I never saw the last wave of Episode One Action Fleet ships.

For comprehensive photos and info go here:
http://www.rebelscum.com/galoob.asp

Or visit r2dee2's Toy Force site. I'm sure there's a link above.

Reaction score
To answer the first question, yes they both come with a stand, similar in appearanse to the one that comes with the AT-AT.

And don't forget to count among the hard to find stuff the Otoh Gunga and Theed deluxe playsets- those are the only ones I never saw at retail.