Question for those using Ikea Detolf display cases....

Reaction score
Just wondering if the Ikea Detolf case is good for displaying vintage playsets. I know it will fit a Jabba playset no problem but what about an Ewok Village? I'm thinking about picking up a complete vintage Ewok village and setting up a display just wondering if it will fit. Your input is appreciated.-Ryan

Reaction score
These playsets will fit nicely:

Cantina
Droid Factory
Dagobah
Jabba the Hutt
Jabba the Hutt Dungeons

Most of the others are too large, but they will fit on top (Death Star, Ewok Village, Star Destroyer, Imperial Attack Base, etc.). Land of the Jawas won't fit (the cardboard is too wide).

A lot of the vehicles fit. You can cram a Slave 1 or a Sandcrawler in there diagonally. TIEs fit, though the TIE Interceptor will not (too long). X-Wings you have to stand up. AT-ST and Snowspeeder fit well. Larger stuff like Falcon, Shuttle, AT-AT, Y-Wing, B-Wing, Rebel Transport, etc. won't fit. It is very well sized for the Skiff. Ewok Battle Wagon fits nice and tight.

Rancor fits well with room to spare. All Micro Collection sets, including the Ion Cannon, fit nicely.

In terms of MOC figures, you can fit two MOCs side by side. If you star case them you can go five figures deep. If acrylic is your thing, you can display 4 or 5 figures diagonally across a Detolf. You can elevate a back row and do a nice display with 2 rows of 4 figures in acrylic.

Boy I must have spent a lot of time organizing my Detolfs...

Reaction score
I was about to post a similar message , anyone recommend a cabinet big enough for the Ewok village and imperial shuttle boxes ? If people display them on the outside does dust cause a big problem ? I did think about putting them in individual acrylic cases but they are very expensive

thanks

Reaction score
I was about to post a similar message , anyone recommend a cabinet big enough for the Ewok village and imperial shuttle boxes ? If people display them on the outside does dust cause a big problem ? I did think about putting them in individual acrylic cases but they are very expensive

thanks

Moducases are pricey but have a wide range of sizes that fit a ton of things.

Maybe just a couple would be enough for a whole collection to keep costs down.

And they’re 99% dust free (only opening is in the back for the power cable for the lights).

D2B6C1BD-7F38-4EAD-81CD-245245D9CF2D.jpeg