Question about Sideshow 1/4 Scale Darth Vader

Reaction score
I was not too impressed with the 2 pics Sideshow had up when they offered the statue for pre-order. So combined with the price, I passed on it. But after seeing pics from Celebration 3, I began to regret my decision. Back in late June, I put in a Wait List reservation just for the heck of it.. it made me feel better, but I never expected to get it. Well, yesterday, I got a message saying my wait list was going to be converted over to an official order on the 20th. Does this mean they are getting ready to ship these? If they are not shipping yet, will Sideshow go ahead and charge my card, or will they wait til shipment. I really want this statue. However, I am not sure I can handle the charge if it goes on my card tommorrow. Any info would be appreciated.

P.S. Is it true that the lightsaber lights up? Anyone see this in person at C3 and can give impressions (was it a nice red glow or cheap looking like some of the toys.. where the light barely goes up the saber shaft half way)?

Reaction score
What that means is that your preorder came trough and that you are going to get one. These are not going to be available until October-November and they won't charge your credit card until they are ready to ship.
The lightaber, the chest box and the boxes in the belt lightup, it's a great piece.

Congratulations.

Reaction score
Hey i just checked my wait list order and it has also moved over to order placed
well chuffed
Ps i haven`t had my email yet.

Reaction score
After ruling them out because of cost and the fact I have the whole GG line planned, I made the mistake of looking at the SS 1/4 PF figures at the Con. Now I have the Predator maquette, Darth Vader, Grievous, T-2 Endo, and Han on order. The Predator and Grievous had a permanent crowd around them non-stop the entire con. The SS PF Vader is the best example of Darth Vader I have ever seen. I kept getting drawn back to the SS booth every day. I saw very little other then what was around their booth.

Jesse

Reaction score
Spank, make sure your email address is still up to date or not spelled wrong or something by logging into your account - I was having problems with not receiving emails from Sideshow and that was my problem. Also, check your spam filters and make sure they let stuff from sideshowcollectibles.com through... and congrats on the order 8)