Question about MOC Biker Scout variant

Reaction score
Please bear with me if this is common knowledge. I'm not super knowledgeable about MOC variations.

I've had this MOC Biker Scout since 1996. A few years ago, I noticed the bubble was different from the few other MOC figures I have. Most standard bubbles are rounded at the edges. But the edges of the bubble on this Biker Scout are more pointy. I mean, it's not a sharp point, but far less rounded than the standard bubble.

After examining the back of the card, I was able to see one difference on this card from my others. It says "MADE IN MEXICO" on the back.

I'm aware that Lili Ledy made figures for the Mexican market, but those cards have "LILI LEDY" on the card. This card says "KENNER".

Is this a legitimate variant? Were some figures made in Mexico for the US market? Or do I have a good looking fake recard?

Again, I'm sorry if this is common knowledge.

Attachments

• 20220415_130325.jpg
    20220415_130325.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20220415_130401.jpg
    20220415_130401.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Reaction score
question on made in mexico and figure made in mexico
Hello Friends

When Josefina (my wife) and I interviewed a couple of former employees from the Lili Ledy Factory (the Quality Control Director and the Production Manager) they explained us that they also produced and packaged the Ledy figures for the US Market, because by that time Lili Ledy also was the Mexican factory who produce figures for Kenner.

One year after the interviews we had the good luck to contact a person who was hired by Lili Ledy to make an audiovisual presentation, taking photos from the productions process (molding the parts of the figures, painting the parts, assembling figures, sonic welding them, inspecting them, testing resistance, making the bubbles, sealing the cardbacks, etc.) all inside the Lili Ledy Factory in Tlanepantla. With a couple of collector friends we bought this original presentation (in slides) from this person.

The very interesting thing is that there are some photos of a group of just produced Kenner MIM carded figures, and this was in the Tlanepantla Factory. The good thing is that these photos help to understand better the process and what was made there.

As Marco said the MIM and Ledy figures are the same just with some variations in the accesories that can be Ledy or Kenner accesories.

Josefina and I had a panel at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim where we presented the Lili Ledy line and also we showed these photos from the Lili Ledy Factory.

I hope this info helps.

Best

Luis Galvez

This week's "Everything About": Biker Scout

Biker Scout Card Details: Kenner ROTJ-65B Card Back
full

BIKER SCOUT
Major Variations: Though all vintage figures have minor variations, the Biker Scout action figure had one major sculpt variation. The variation, which so far have only been documented to come from Mexico, can be easily spotted by the different head sculpt. Instead of the mouthpiece going down to the bottom of the helmet like all other minor variations of the figure, the Mexican version has a short mouthpiece that does not come down all the way to the helmet’s bottom.

Lili Ledy Biker Scout

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 1: Biker Scout

So to answer your question, your figure is a Kenner figure made in Mexico, that means that your figure is considered a Lili Ledy figure because it was made in Mexico.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. I didn't know Lili Ledy made figures for the US market. Before I saw the "MADE IN MEXICO" writing, the bubble had me worried I might have gotten scammed. Even in 1996, people were already faking MOC figures.

Reaction score
Nice looking figure you got there. I just picked up the same one. Although yours is in a little bit better shape than mine.