Question About Japanese Star Wars Novels

Reaction score
For those of you living in Japan, I've got a question for you regarding the SW Novels over there. How much does an entire book cost?

Thanks!

Reaction score
They're very cheap second hand. Japanese people generally take good care of their books, CDs, video games, etc., so it's almost like buying new.

The only thing is that novels are often broken up into two parts so that the books themselves are a similar size to a reader's digest (it makes them more convenient to read/carry around that way). It depends on the book though.

Second hand you're probably looking at the equivelent of US $5.00/$6.00 or less per book.

Reaction score
I recently made a contact with a fellow in Japan. I am interested in getting the entire NJO series in Japanese. The artwork is amazing..and I loved the series.

I recieved 10 books (5 novels) each one ranged from 7-9 dollars US...the with EMS shipping of about 27.00 I got them in 3 days...

I am 26 japanese versions away from a set....

good luck in getting what you want....

Reaction score
Are the novels in Romanji, or Kana/Kanji? I'm interested in buying these, for personal practice. If anyone can help me get a hold of one of these, that would be great!

Reaction score
Darth_Deastron said:
Are the novels in Romanji, or Kana/Kanji? I'm interested in buying these, for personal practice. If anyone can help me get a hold of one of these, that would be great!
They're in kana/kanji. There is probably a Japanese-language bookshop not far from where you are. They may have some there.

Reaction score
John_sH said:
Darth_Deastron said:
They're in kana/kanji. There is probably a Japanese-language bookshop not far from where you are. They may have some there.
They have those in the United States?

If so, then thanks, I'll look it up!

Reaction score
Darth_Deastron said:
They have those in the United States?

If so, then thanks, I'll look it up!
Probably, but it might be attached to a language school or information center. I'm from Perth, which isn't such a large city, but we had/have one. I remember seeing some of the Zhan novels there.

I only suggest it because shipping books from overseas can get pricey. Having been in the situation you are in now, I think you should start with one and go from there