Query on Price for a AFAU90 Boba Fett

Reaction score
Hi All,
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but does anyone have an idea what kind of price a AFA U90 Fett is?
Hes from 1979.
Regards
Ian

Reaction score
You want the vintage Current Value Check forum. An easier way is to do a search on eBay for completed auctions and see what they typically have sold for recently. I assume that it's a loose graded figure, given the year and uncirculated qualifier. I have to warn you, many or most people here are really against the uncirculated qualifier on loose figures. It signifies that it was removed from the card to be graded, which takes a carded figure out of circulation. Many won't buy, sell, or touch them. If you're looking to buy a loose graded figure I would urge you to get one that is not uncirculated.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
HI there,
Yes he is loose and I know it is not a good thing to have.
This one I didnt get done myself and I want to sell it to purchase a carded figure.
I too do agree its a shame to take a carded figure and open it. I collect only carded but happen to have obtained this a few
years ago along with about another 15 or so loose graded all at once and I want rid of all of them as carded is my focus.
I was trying to find auctions but nothing came up. I will have another go.
I figured it would be a hard one to sell here so I was thinking EBAY for selling.
Trust me I do not buy U graded anymore :$........... ONLY CARDED.
Thanks for your feedback.
Ian

Reaction score
You're welcome. I did a quick search on eBay and a loose AFA 90 Fett sold recently for $410. You can try selling here first. Someone could buy it. It's not the end of the world. I have a U graded loose figure that I bought before I knew the deal.

Reaction score
You could put it up for auction starting it at $0.99. I'm positive you'll get a lot of activity despite the growing number of collectors against U-grade. If someone less educated wants a U-grade that bad, maybe it will deter them from opening another MOC or Baggie and get their fix by buying yours. Good luck.

Reaction score
Why would anyone open a carded figure just to then have the loose figure graded??? That doesnt make any sense!?

I mean i could... "understand"..... unpacking it to play with it because you have too much money and just want to do it...

Reaction score
Why would anyone open a carded figure just to then have the loose figure graded??? That doesnt make any sense!?

It doesn't make sense but unfortunately happens too often. Keep in mind these aren't mint cards that are being opened. It's usually cards in really bad shape.

There's also no guarantee that the figures will grade high just because they're sealed. Nothing sillier than seeing a U75 or U80 grade.

Reaction score
HI again,
Like I stated above I do not agree with opening a carded figure in any way and I obtained this when I first started collecting and got it in a loose graded bundle.
I only collect carded figures now and I understand why people get angry when people destroy a carded figure.
In saying that I do have this figure and I want to sell it so I was trying to get an idea on prices, maybe by selling this guy I will save a carded fett down the track WHO KNOWS.
I didnt want to start a debate on whats write and wrong just wanting to get an idea on a cost and see if people thought it would be something that would sell.
Sorry if I have angered anyone I will leave it at that I guess.
Regards
Ian

Reaction score
HI again,
Like I stated above I do not agree with opening a carded figure in any way and I obtained this when I first started collecting and got it in a loose graded bundle.
I only collect carded figures now and I understand why people get angry when people destroy a carded figure.
In saying that I do have this figure and I want to sell it so I was trying to get an idea on prices, maybe by selling this guy I will save a carded fett down the track WHO KNOWS.
I didnt want to start a debate on whats write and wrong just wanting to get an idea on a cost and see if people thought it would be something that would sell.
Sorry if I have angered anyone I will leave it at that I guess.
Regards
Ian

you didnt anger anyone. collect as you please and do what makes you happy.

Reaction score
Another U90 just sold for $460.... a little more in line with expectations!