Queen's Royal Starship

Reaction score
I want this more and more every day. I remember seeing this on the shelf at Toys R Us all those years ago.

I'm hoping to get one for under $50, but I'll probably cave and spend $100.

Reaction score
No, I remember back in 1999/2000 trying to take them off and breaking one.

It's designed kind of like the mandibles on the BMF where you can't take them out.
I was watching a review and saw that it the landing gear were just are large ball joints. I'll see what I can do when mine arrives.

Reaction score
I pulled the landing gears off mine when i packed it away for sale. Didn't do any damage

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm wrong, but I personally had some trouble with it.

I sold mine in 2006 because I decidedback then I was giving up collecting.

For me the landing gear was not easily removable. they didn't just pop off. I remember trying to remove them and I actually broke off the ball on top that inserts into the ship and and a piece inside that holds that ball actually broke off. maybe I don't remember it right.

And I saw that review and was surprised.

Looks like others did'nt have as much trouble though.

Sorry for the scare maybe it was just me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lucky! Still dieing to get this one, I wish it was repacked/retooled to be the BMF this year instead of the MTT with turned out horribly IMO.
I'm fully aware that the deployment rack isn't near it's full potential but no way in hoth would this have made a better bmf. We NEEDED a large vehicle for the seps and we finally have one. The field needed to be leveled and it has.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm fully aware that the deployment rack isn't near it's full potential but no way in hoth would this have made a better bmf. We NEEDED a large vehicle for the seps and we finally have one. The field needed to be leveled and it has.
Eh, I still think the rack could have been improved. But back on topic, has anyone taken pics of this with modern figures in it?

Reaction score
Hopefully R-2 fixes the shield generator. Mailman don't know how. :(
My maillady is rough on the packages.. She just dropped a box containing a custom Cantina drink dispenser on the deck. :mad:

Luckily I only had to reglue one part since it was packed so well.

It is bad that I love when I know she has a big package to deliver to my house? :D She'll right notes on my letters though!

Like "Ice 1/27/12" and "No handrail" because I was remodeling it. What's funny is she never used the handrail when it was there!

I understand the ice, but does she really expect me to up at 9AM on a Saturday to scrape ice for her? That's what these are for. :p

Sorry for the mini-rant.

But I'll be taking some pictures with new figures, hopefull my brother will let me borrow his TPM Obi. :p

Reaction score
My maillady is rough on the packages.. She just dropped a box containing a custom Cantina drink dispenser on the deck. :mad:

Luckily I only had to reglue one part since it was packed so well.

It is bad that I love when I know she has a big package to deliver to my house? :D She'll right notes on my letters though!

Like "Ice 1/27/12" and "No handrail" because I was remodeling it. What's funny is she never used the handrail when it was there!

I understand the ice, but does she really expect me to up at 9AM on a Saturday to scrape ice for her? That's what these are for. :p

Sorry for the mini-rant.

But I'll be taking some pictures with new figures, hopefull my brother will let me borrow his TPM Obi. :p
Buy her a pair of those.

Reaction score
I still have one of these that I've wanted to keep boxed, but I have a feeling this might not have been the best idea, as this ship actually included batteries. Has anyone bought a boxed one recently off eBay or something? If so, how much battery leakage was there, and were the contacts ruined?

Reaction score
I still have one of these that I've wanted to keep boxed, but I have a feeling this might not have been the best idea, as this ship actually included batteries. Has anyone bought a boxed one recently off eBay or something? If so, how much battery leakage was there, and were the contacts ruined?
I can't speak about the Naboo Royal Starship, but I've recently checked my PotF2/Ep1 vehicles that I stored with the batteries (silly me), and they all leaked. No more commtech reader, X-Wing or Naboo Fighter...

Reaction score
I can't speak about the Naboo Royal Starship, but I've recently checked my PotF2/Ep1 vehicles that I stored with the batteries (silly me), and they all leaked. No more commtech reader, X-Wing or Naboo Fighter...
Thanks for the reply Darkmatt. I was afraid of that, but I'm not surprised! I may have to see if I can get a working one for cheap sometime down the road from eBay or something.

Reaction score
My Naboo Fighter is fine, with the original batteries. It's loose, but that shouldn't matter.

I received my Royal Starship today... Impressive for its age, but still somewhat disappnting. Overall, a positive buy.

Reaction score
It might be a bit before I get chroming thing done. They are forecasting 10 days of rain so it loos like the winter showers, though late, have arrived. It has a nice gloss black finish with a few imperfections I need to smooth out. This is going to take a while but I hope it looks primo in the end. It actually looks kinda cool black though.

Reaction score
Here is a sampling of some images. It looks beautiful and is a sight to behold and it is a mirror reflection too. Just look where the light is. In one of the pictures you can even make out the light fixture which is a good four feet above the ship. The other light source is the reflection of a candle flame. Here are the drawbacks when doing this and I may buy another one and do it again at some point. While it looks cool you have to be really gentle handling it. You pretty much can't do anything with it but let it sit there and look pretty. If you touch it too many times in the same spot it will dull but in time the paint may become stronger. This was after a week of drying. The other drawback is that it will scratch off where the hatch opens so when I do this again at some point I may jut make the top a removable panel that you can pull off. Also, you can not paint the tapers. My work around for this is too just buy the most silver acrylic paint I can find and just live with it.

BTW, I used Dupli-Color chrome that you can buy at an automitive store. When using it you have to spray it on thick and paint from one side to the other because if you double back you may get some dusting. If you do it in thin coats it will just look all mottled. Don't worry, it wont run as there were areas I sprayed for a solid three seconds without a drip. It settles pretty well. I did prep the ship by painting it gloss black first but after using the product I don't think it's necessary and less layers may mean the hatch issue won't arise. Anyway, if anyone is an expert at this sort of thing let me know. This was pretty much my first attempt at chroming anything and it doesn't look too shabby but I wouldn't mind tips for the second time around if I decide to do it again. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not bad at all - looks fantastic! I would love to do this someday - did anyone ever try using vinyl chrome sheets instead of paint. I know someone had done one a few years ago with really fantastic results that was posted on the forums. I wasn't sure how hard that material was to work with compared to chrome paint.

Reaction score
Wow! That chrome vinyl one is impressive and I actually remember that. I wonder how easy that stuff is to use. I may do that instead if it isn't a nightmare to apply.

You are right, I did paint the a Naboo Starfighter. I had done it without any research on how to chrome something and it didn't turn out that great and was dull on the sides. So technically I wasn't attempting to chrome it and instead was just spray painting it. I was new to using chrome spray paints and figured it would just look like chrome through one application. I didn't know any better and it looks as though the technologies improved because this spray paint is much shinier than the previous one I used.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay, I just read the process for using that vinyl and it sounds like a massively painstaking process. I guess I won't attempt that anytime soon as I am not that patient. I wonder how much it would cost to vac metal one and where to go. I remember looking it up and I couldn't find anywhere local that would do it.

Reaction score
I just picked this up today off of craigslist for 55 dollars !! I never have owned or even seen this ship out of the box, pretty cool playset.

Edit: crud, just noticed mine does not have the hyper drive :( oh well still pretty freaking awesome, although I think mine is going to be displayed as a sith ship.

Last edited:
Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
because of this thread I just went thru all my loose ships.. ( my kids are older now and I put them all away awhile ago I tended to buy three of everything at least one for them to play with one for my collection and one for possible sale barter ) and it turns out I have two loose royal star ships. one is complete one is missing the throne and possibly the vulture droid ship and electronic base for it.. I am tempted to take the less complete one and make it look like Micheal Knight did with his and use it for display.. and BONUS I found I had two Hyperdrive repair kits NIP put away ( kids never wanted to open on I guess ) did not even realize I had them lol whoo hoo...

BUT I really like the look of the mirror type silver finish much more like the movie than the original toy...Great job guys.. I dont think I have the skill to do one usuing the foil method so I am going to try the paint method and to do that I am going to have to wait a few months ( its in the 100's here temprature wise ) I think its too hot to do any painting out doors... but when I do I am going to use my air gun and my air brush and see what happens

so in a few months I will post results

Reaction score
because of this thread I just went thru all my loose ships.. ( my kids are older now and I put them all away awhile ago I tended to buy three of everything at least one for them to play with one for my collection and one for possible sale barter ) and it turns out I have two loose royal star ships. one is complete one is missing the throne and possibly the vulture droid ship and electronic base for it.. I am tempted to take the less complete one and make it look like Micheal Knight did with his and use it for display.. and BONUS I found I had two Hyperdrive repair kits NIP put away ( kids never wanted to open on I guess ) did not even realize I had them lol whoo hoo...

BUT I really like the look of the mirror type silver finish much more like the movie than the original toy...Great job guys.. I dont think I have the skill to do one usuing the foil method so I am going to try the paint method and to do that I am going to have to wait a few months ( its in the 100's here temprature wise ) I think its too hot to do any painting out doors... but when I do I am going to use my air gun and my air brush and see what happens

so in a few months I will post results
Soundz Kewl,
B.T.W. does anybody have one that they could use as parts fodder as I am missing some bitz:
1)Both rear nacelles
2)The landing gear
3)The smaller removeable top plate.
PLMK,
Spencer?:>}

Reaction score
When I was looking to buy one, I saw a seller on eBay who was apparently parting one out. The price was a bit high, so you might be able to get one or less and take the parts off yourself.

Reaction score
My friend has this one and I'm completely jealous....in a good way, that is. LOL!