Queen's Royal Starship

Reaction score
Re: How would you rate the royal starship?

guess i opened the wrong ship then since i bought two att the KB clearence and the one i opened was the one with the red droid and the vulture droid
, but i had a lot of fun with it so i dont regret it

Reaction score
Naboo Royal Starship Playset vehicle stickers?

<font color="green"> I recently bought the Royal Starship off of ebay. To my disappointment, the stickers on the interior floor were soiled and stained.

Do you guys know where I can get replacement floor stickers for it?

I checked ErikStormtrooper's but don't see the stickers I need.

Can anyone help?

Thanks! </font>

Reaction score
Help ID Royal Starship prototype

Hi all-

This is an SLA piece that seems to represent part of the royal naboo starship. The shape really doesn't fit the starfighter. You can see that it has a battery compartment.

It was obtained in the purge of the Cincinnati Hasbro/Kenner office.

Any help or discussion would be greatly appreciated.

More images here:

http://gallery.me.com/john.wooten#100110&bgcolor=black&view=grid 

Reaction score
Re: Help ID Royal Starship prototype

I'm just guessing here, but it seems to be the underbelly of a miniature electronic (of some sorts) N1 starfighter. Could it go to one of those deluxe handheld Tiger Electronic style games?

Reaction score
Help...Royal Starship instructions needed

I just got a Royal Starship but the instructions were missing and I don't know where stickers go. Anybody have a copy they can scan or take a pic of for me?
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Queen\'s Royal Starship Playset Appreciation Thread

Because I feel like it. Because after 10 years, I finally bought one. I love big playsets and let's face it, when it comes to the prequels, this was probably the best playset they made. Fun features like infrared battle damage, droid elevator, lights and sound, damaged and clean hyperdrive, and so on. Interesting multi-level construction to cram in as much play space as possible in a $100 toy with a cramped design that wouldn't naturally have the space to play with ala the Millennium Falcon. Just outright cool!

Share the love.

Reaction score
Re: Queen\'s Royal Starship Playset Appreciation Th

I've never really looked at it before, now that I have it really is pretty awesome!

Reaction score

This is certainly one of the best vehicles/playsets Hasbro ever released.

Reaction score

Mike_S said:
Absolutely - it's one of my faves in the modern line.

Me too!

I don't have this ship, but my son does. I didn't mind at all dishing out the $100 back in 99 for this bad boy.

Reaction score

I also never got this ship but I got to "experience it" first hand voicing some characters and helping my young nephew play with his when it came out. He loves it and STILL has it nearly intact. I liked the escape ship. That and the deck were wicked cool.

Reaction score

I still want one of these but the price tag is too much for me. I may try to find aone still and hopefully the price has gone down now that we have a better version of the astromech that was exclusive to this ship which is the main reason why this thing drew such a hefty price tag.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
I still want one of these but the price tag is too much for me. I may try to find aone still and hopefully the price has gone down now that we have a better version of the astromech that was exclusive to this ship which is the main reason why this thing drew such a hefty price tag.
Be patient. I got a tremendous deal on this one. I was very lucky and happened to look for it not long after the auction went live. Mint in factory sealed box and I got it for BELOW what it retailed for originally. It can happen!

Reaction score

I love this ship! I wasn't collecting vehicles back during TPM, but I got it as a birthday present a few years ago. I still tinker with it once in a while. It's got awesome playability. It's one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

Reaction score

Fantastic ship. I loved the battle damaged Hyperdrive generator and the action features have. It could have been a little bigger, but as a kid it was fine by me.

Even to this day it's a cool vehicle.

I hear talk about Hasbro rereleasing it. If that's the case I'll only buy another if it has a new finish.

Reaction score

I finally bought one on eBay last night for $100 shipped...I have wanted it since I was 14 and saw TPM in theaters. I had to buy it this year seeing as how it's the 10th and all...I can't wait until it arrives.

Reaction score

Stormtrooper3133 said:
I finally bought one on eBay last night for $100 shipped...I have wanted it since I was 14 and saw TPM in theaters. I had to buy it this year seeing as how it's the 10th and all...I can't wait until it arrives.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!

I've been purchasing many Episode I things this year in honor of the 10th, both old and new. And, simply because I want them.

Reaction score

Stormtrooper3133 said:
What a coincidence, i sold one on ebay last night for $100.00 shipped.

jon

Reaction score

nice i love stuff like that were its easy to display all ur figs!

Reaction score

I like it but I always kid of wished they kept the rear section one level ond only had two chairs to seat pilots and leave the rest to stan up figures. As it is, you can't close the ship if anyone is standing.

Reaction score

Michael_Knight said:
I like it but I always kid of wished they kept the rear section one level ond only had two chairs to seat pilots and leave the rest to stan up figures. As it is, you can't close the ship if anyone is standing.
Yup, that's the one negative to the set. You can't have perpetual free-standing dioramas in the set like in the Falcon because nothing will fit. But I can't imagine how much bigger the set would've had to have been to accommodate that.

I think hasbro did pretty well considering the constraints of the design. 3 distinct play areas in a very cramped space.

Reaction score

Stormtrooper3133 said:
I don't know if you're planning to take it out of the box, but I know when I did, it was so fun. I was so excited and had a blast putting it together. Playing with it next was so cool. I checked out all the features, sounds, electronics, etc. It was a fun evening.

Reaction score

Grabbed one when they first came out and had to return it 3 times in the first two weeks, electronics didn't work. Stll have it but the electronics are shot. Nice looking ship though.

Reaction score

I was lucky my in-laws got one for me for Christmas when it first came out
. It's just too bad I wasn't able to get my hands on one of those Hyper-drive Repair Kit accessory sets at a half way decent price

Reaction score

I have 2 of these.I paid 100 bucks when it originally came out,then a couple of years later,someone advertised some SW toys in the newspaper for 100.Called,found out that they had the Royal Starship,the large X Wing,and about 30 figs for the price.
Naturally,I snapped it up.
Awesome ship.I only wish Darth Maul's ship would have been in the same scale.

AMG

Reaction score
Re: Queen\'s Royal Starship Playset Appreciation Thread

I love this ship! One of my all time favorites from any SW line. It's really massive, and quite a centerpiece for any Episode 1 collection.

Reaction score

I bought one new in the box about 10 years ago and I am going to be selling it soon. It's a beautiful ship, but it's too big for me. My wife is making me get rid of all the big stuff I won't ever display. HAHA!

Reaction score
Great White Shark capitol of the United States

I love everything about this playset/ship/electronic game. I can't wait to score a few of those radio controlled droids from Target and try rolling them atop the hull of the ship to see if I can recreate that scene. My only regret is that it isn't chrome but I've seen a few customs where it's been chromed. Something to think about... This is right up there with my all time favorites, just below the vintage death star playset and right above the Ewok playset. It still looks awesome after a decade. Oh how I miss electronics in my new vehicles.

Reaction score

I was hesitant when I bought mine but it is very cool. I like flying the the enemy ship by and blowing up the portion of the Queens ship!!! Very cool feature!!!

Reaction score

I got this for my birthday in 1999 and it was a great toy then and is still a fantastic toy. I have all the pieces, but so many of the stickers have just fallen off that it looks barren. It is almost 10 years old, after all.

Reaction score

I got this on clearance at Toys R Us for $30 back in the day. Totally worth it.

Reaction score

I've wanted one of these for awhile...er ever since it came out really. I just haven't seen one for a good price recently. Since I'm an opener, I've been tryin to find a used one.

Reaction score
Naboo Royal Starship

I got this fantastic ship last year, and I applied all of the 97 stickers as neatly as I could. It's definitely not to scale with the 3/34 figures, but never the less I still love it, and it looks very well on my shelf. Here are some pictures I took.

Reaction score
Re: Naboo Royal Starship

Nice pics! Though it isn't accurate, it's still a fun vehicle/playset. When I saw how many stickers there were I decided not to put any on mine!

Reaction score

I also never applied the nightmarish array of decals. It was a neat toy I guess, but it honestly disappointed me. The interior is just a jumble of random locations all basically cramped together. I think a major problem with it is that it's basically a big Barbie dream spaceship. I was also disappointed by the cheapness (Big MF has similar problems). The chairs in the cockpit are flimsy, the pop-out hull piece didn't reliably snap back in, the engine tail things were made of a bendable plastic. The confusing electronics and mini-fighter escape pod thing didn't add much. They included a chair when Queen Amidala couldn't even sit in it and the pack-in droid wasn't exactly a big selling point. This wasn't the Millennium Falcon or a Star Destroyer or a cool fighter. Add to that a high price tag and its release as I recall AFTER the glut of Episode I merch had already flooded the market beyond belief. It's no wonder people overwhelmingly passed on this.

They should have done a big Sith Infiltrator with Darth Maul and a launching speeder, probes, missiles and lights.

Reaction score

ETAndElliot said:
I also never applied the nightmarish array of decals. It was a neat toy I guess, but it honestly disappointed me. The interior is just a jumble of random locations all basically cramped together. I think a major problem with it is that it's basically a big Barbie dream spaceship. I was also disappointed by the cheapness (Big MF has similar problems). The chairs in the cockpit are flimsy, the pop-out hull piece didn't reliably snap back in, the engine tail things were made of a bendable plastic. The confusing electronics and mini-fighter escape pod thing didn't add much. They included a chair when Queen Amidala couldn't even sit in it and the pack-in droid wasn't exactly a big selling point. This wasn't the Millennium Falcon or a Star Destroyer or a cool fighter. Add to that a high price tag and its release as I recall AFTER the glut of Episode I merch had already flooded the market beyond belief. It's no wonder people overwhelmingly passed on this.

They should have done a big Sith Infiltrator with Darth Maul and a launching speeder, probes, missiles and lights.
Thats quite true about the interior being a bit of a jumble, as I said I still love it, and it was worth the €160 I paid for it.

It would be very very cool to see a much bigger Sith Infiltrator with all those extra features you said.