Queen Amidala - Post Senate - VC84

Reaction score
Re: Queen Amidala - Post Senate - VC**

This is the black outfit, post senate, the last one that they've never done before.

It looks like there might have been a Naboo battle one, but the broadcast I was watching was VERY fuzzy.

Reaction score

I'll get it. Surprised they are focusing on TPM for the vintage line next year. I really expected Hasbro to put all TPM in a dedicated 3D release line.

Reaction score

Cool they're gradually getting through the outfits.

Reaction score

They need more Queen Amidalas. they only make one like every two years. Def buy.

Reaction score

All we need now is the Theed Battle Amidala! Hopefully she gets an update with this wave! Or the next...

Reaction score

YAY!

I've been wanting this figure for ages!

I hope they will use the close-up of her looking over the Coruscant skyline at dusk for the character shot.

Reaction score

TK_842 said:
I'll get it. Surprised they are focusing on TPM for the vintage line next year. I really expected Hasbro to put all TPM in a dedicated 3D release line.
Check some of the discussions in the other threads, I think what we've seen are just some of the TVC TPM items. Note that all the dates are basically January/February.

Reaction score

It's great to see the Episode 1 selection of wardrobe complete itself. I imagine the next one we see will be an updated Theed Assault version.

Reaction score

Yep another one to check off the list, they're dwindling down at a good pace!

Reaction score

I think this was the last remaining Amidala from Phantom Menace, correct?

Reaction score

Obi_Han said:
I think this was the last remaining Amidala from Phantom Menace, correct?
Yeah. Now to move on to AOTC and ROTS... which is still a lot. The only one on my list is her Loyalist outfit from AOTC.

Reaction score

yep, still a ways to go... and then there's the idea of remaking outdated versions!

Reaction score

I admire Hasbro for sticking to the plan of making every single one of Amidala's dresses from this movie - but I think we need new sculpts of her handmaiden guises more.

Reaction score

Check out the detail work on the sleeves from the shot of the figure in the SDCC case. Looks pretty great, happy to finally be getting this one.

Reaction score

The detail is fantastic, the one detail I dont like about this figure is its accessory - why add a damn blaster to every Amidala figure when you can pack a Senate cam droid, a mini holo figure, or something that makes a bit more sense?

Reaction score

Looks great. Don't know if I'll get one however.

darth_sidious said:
The detail is fantastic, the one detail I dont like about this figure is its accessory - why add a damn blaster to every Amidala figure when you can pack a Senate cam droid, a mini holo figure, or something that makes a bit more sense?
Well I guess they have to at least add some type of 'action feature' in order for it to appeal in any way to kids. I agree that it would be cool to get a better accessory, but likewise I also understand why they include the blaster with her.

Reaction score

I just don't trust that white face paint - I'm sure you'll see brush-strokes and caking like with most figures that have painted faces. Granted this figure couldn't avoid it, but it still looks like it could be a real mess.

The only figure from the wave that I'll pass on.

GNT

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
Because a senate cam is a boring accessory
At least with a blaster she stands more of a chance of being bought and played with.

Reaction score

Maybe in your opinion. But these types of figures are usually bought by collectors only, and if a kid were to buy one its because they appreciate the character / design - thinking a kid is going to play with this figure in a battle sense is a bit delusional.

Reaction score

Yeah, she should have come with a Senate Cam Droid.

Anyway, the swivel torso joint is kinda distracting. Not a very necessary point of articulation.

Will definitely get her, though.

Reaction score

Frickin AWESOME! This will be one of my favorites in my collection. CUE: Thunderous applause.

Reaction score

Sigh... Happy for the Padme collectors, but I really really wish Hasbro would simply do a 5 pack (battlepack? diplomapack?) of nothing but Padme for you guys. Maybe RebelScum will hint/ask Hasbro to release one? I might even pick one up, but man... she probably has dozens of costumes.

I'm thinking this will end up being a pegwarmer... as no offense... but when I was a young kid watching the movie... I was actually kind of repulsed. Kind of shocking that they proved Natalie Portman can actually be ugly... in a far off universe.

Reaction score

A battle pack has no appeal to a broader audience, Padme is best left in the main line at one to two figures per year.

She has absolutely no impact on your collecting habits by doing this, there are plenty of other figures left in the line to buy.

JAG

Reaction score

Not too sure about the face sculpt. It doesn't really look much like Natalie Portman to me. But the dress itself looks outstanding, minus the swivel joint, and I need a Padme, so this is another solid possibility for me.

Reaction score

TotalDominAsian said:
Sigh... Happy for the Padme collectors, but I really really wish Hasbro would simply do a 5 pack (battlepack? diplomapack?) of nothing but Padme for you guys. Maybe RebelScum will hint/ask Hasbro to release one? I might even pick one up, but man... she probably has dozens of costumes.

I'm thinking this will end up being a pegwarmer... as no offense... but when I was a young kid watching the movie... I was actually kind of repulsed. Kind of shocking that they proved Natalie Portman can actually be ugly... in a far off universe.
Believe me, we've asked for such releases in past Q&As, while this is the last costume that's not been done from TPM, there are plenty left for AOTC and ROTS (See the wishlist polls for details).

As for pegwarming, that's doubtful, the last couple of Padmes sold just fine, as they were distributed just about right - I'm sure you can somewhere, but the Refugee Padme from eariler this year isn't hanging at all. And the 2009 "Travel" Padme didn't hang around much either.

Pegwarming is a term that's often over used, and really should be reserved for the likes for the ROTS Clone and Sandtrooper, which truly ARE pegwarming.

I'm really pleased this last TPM gap is being filled. I'm VERY hopeful that in the remainder of the line they do a updated "Theed" Padme (the action version) and if I'm being greedy, and Tatooine disguise Padme as well. I'd be set for TPM if they did those two.

AOTC and ROTS have a lot further to go.

'78

Law

Reaction score

I agree, we really need a new version of the purple dress battle Padme. I suppose we also need one of her peasant disguise from TPM, but since I really can't stand the Tatooine sequence but love the final battle, I'm a little biased about what I hope to see first....

One thing -- am I right in thinking the only handmaidens we've gotten have been Rabe in the orange/red robe and Sabe in the Naboo swamp "decoy" outfit? We haven't gotten the yellow robes or any others?