Quay Tolsite

Reaction score
I can understand that on characters still lingering on their site. But on a brand new one, that sold out in 20 minutes?

Reaction score
I got Amazon gift cards for Christmas I did not expect, so I used one on a Quay today at 3x retail. So now all done with dumb Solo figures.

Reaction score
Picked up this figure on Hasbro toy shop about a month ago, it came with a small ding on the side of the bubble, glad I didn’t return it and wait for another one!

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the price of this figure now on Ebay...$13 was a steal compared to what it seems to be going for now, my goodness.

Reaction score
Hasbro short packed it in the case, and it turned out to be one of the best figures of 2018 with high demand - go figure. The wave appears to have stopped shipping to WM, but they may show up at a discount outlet later on. Its a must have figure in my opinion, but I certainly wouldn't pay ebay prices!

Reaction score
He should have been packed with the Kessel playset instead of Solo.

Reaction score
Hasbro short packed it in the case, and it turned out to be one of the best figures of 2018 with high demand - go figure.
Par for the course, is it not? Seems that it always works out this way, and beginning to think it's too coincidental for blind luck. lol.

Reaction score
Quay was intended to be rereleased 2 per case in the originally planned "Hades Joker"/imp. Patrol trooper case asst following the val/Rio wave but that HJ wave is now in limbo. So there may be some more quays somewhere in a warehouse in Asia on hold. Luckily, I got one on Amazon in 0ct. and they shipped him in an envelope. THe package got crushed rayher bad so Amazon refunded the $ and let me keep him. No damage was done to figure though.

Reaction score
He should have been packed with the Kessel playset instead of Solo.
Agreed. That would have inspired me not only to get the playset; but also the Kessel Guard/Lando pack. But now I'm having a real struggle finding Quay without going to the 'bay; so I have little interest in the playset and guard.

Reaction score
Agreed. That would have inspired me not only to get the playset; but also the Kessel Guard/Lando pack. But now I'm having a real struggle finding Quay without going to the 'bay; so I have little interest in the playset and guard.
Have you tried Kroger. I found one at one of ours for another Scummer who is from overseas.

Reaction score
Good suggestion on Kroger!!! I was not able to find Quay, but I did finally get FO stormtrooper officer and L3. On a side note, toy hunting at multiple Krogers is the least consistent shopping I have ever done. No two are alike in terms of where stuff is and some I couldnt even find an actual toy section. The other piece to this is I can't find rhyme or reason to their pricing/clearance. It was pretty cool to see figures I had never seen in stores before, would have scooped up a Mimban Han for $4 if I hadn't already bought the Target troop pack!

Reaction score
Yeah, your best bet with Kroger are the larger ones that are usually open 24 hours.

Reaction score
Was able to grab one of Amazon's random $20 drops of Quay today. Hate to encourage this kind of pricing strategy by Amazon but at this point it is probably the only way to get this figure at this low of a price. It seems like every day or two Amazon is putting up a single figure at that price (direct from Amazon), first time I was able to checkout after seeing the price in my wishlist.

Reaction score
Quay was intended to be rereleased 2 per case in the originally planned "Hades Joker"/imp. Patrol trooper case asst following the val/Rio wave but that HJ wave is now in limbo. So there may be some more quays somewhere in a warehouse in Asia on hold. Luckily, I got one on Amazon in 0ct. and they shipped him in an envelope. THe package got crushed rayher bad so Amazon refunded the $ and let me keep him. No damage was done to figure though.

Whoa whoa whoa waitaminute... what was this wave? I've been dying for a Patrol Trooper... still have hope he'll come to the vintage collection. He's the only figure I want in the Target set so I haven't pulled the trigger. What else was supposed to be in this wave?

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa waitaminute... what was this wave? I've been dying for a Patrol Trooper... still have hope he'll come to the vintage collection. He's the only figure I want in the Target set so I haven't pulled the trigger. What else was supposed to be in this wave?
As I recall, Dorkside initially listed this ratio [2@ of Han mudtrooper, Vader (repack), quay, imp patrol troopers, Emp royal guard, 1x rey (repack), 1x hades joker (rumored to be dryden vos) ] when they intended to list the actual ratio w/ 2@ of emp royal guard. Rio. Val Becket, Han mudtrooper, (1×) L3, and quay (1x). Dorkside soon corrected the listing. Toywiz and amazon also started pre orders for HJ and IPT but soon took them down.

Reaction score
I jumped on a $25 Quay from Amazon around Xmas break, knowing I wasn't going to find him any other way. Easily the rarest Hasbro toy from 2018. (Hot Wheels Starships are even harder to find than this guy).

Reaction score
So if Hasbro offered a service that guaranteed you of getting said figures, you'd be fine with spending $25 on 5POA figures?

Seems to me they should just bypass retail then, and sell them on Hasbro Pulse instead. That way 100% of the profits could go towards future figures instead of needing repacks to subsidize the line.

Reaction score
Trust me, I'm not happy about spending that much on a basic figure. The circumstances just presented me with that option, being that it was the most popular figure from a wave that barely hit retail, and the last wave of the line. Those things meant it wasn't going to be available.

From what I've seen of Hasbro Pulse so far, it looks like they will not sell anything from the basic line - TVC and Black Series only. And I suppose that's part of the problem. Hasbro's main focus is TVC and BS. The basic line was ignored last year, and that's why so much of it didn't make it to retail.

Reaction score
Considering Quay is one of the best basic figures to come out of the Solo line, if there were one figure I'd pay a bit more on, it would be him. $25 for a single basic figure is just higher than I can fathom - I don't think even a limited TVC figure would be worth that price. If its between owning it or passing, I can see the dilemma though. I'm still not convinced that there arent more cases out there somewhere, because this wasn't intended to be the final wave, so it was likely produced at the standard level. That being said, Solo wave 3 wasn't distributed in significant numbers from what I can tell, so perhaps they started cutting back on everything after wave 2. Time will tell if this final wave hits discount outlets, but its surely done at the big retailers.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Keep checking Amazon. Last week I recently posted that it was there for over $200 but when I checked back, it was there for $9.99.
I ordered it so fast. For some reason it took 5 days longer to arrive but it finally did and the figure (but not card) was perfect.
I was really worried though since Amazon didn't update the listing as being sold out for several hours after the fact so I thought it might have been already sold out when I bought it.
I haven't used Amazon more than 10 times, but 35% of the time I've had a problem. Is that normal?

Reaction score
I ordered his wave from Dorkside with some other items that were also backordered, and when I contacted them to see if I could just swap the backordered items out for some army builders, it shipped right away! I'm so glad I did that after seeing how HTF this wave has become.

Reaction score
Keep checking Amazon. Last week I recently posted that it was there for over $200 but when I checked back, it was there for $9.99.
I ordered it so fast. For some reason it took 5 days longer to arrive but it finally did and the figure (but not card) was perfect.
I was really worried though since Amazon didn't update the listing as being sold out for several hours after the fact so I thought it might have been already sold out when I bought it.
I haven't used Amazon more than 10 times, but 35% of the time I've had a problem. Is that normal?
That's not normal at all. I use Amazon multiple times A WEEK for various things and I can count on one hand the times I've had issues with Amazon (and it's usually the third parties that **** stuff up)

Reaction score
That's not normal at all. I use Amazon multiple times A WEEK for various things and I can count on one hand the times I've had issues with Amazon (and it's usually the third parties that **** stuff up)
Only 2 times I've had problems with amazon it was 3rd party sellers. One was some maple syrup cotton candy that I saw on Shark Tank. Other one just happened this week. Ordered the 80's Return Of The Jedi Sketchbook and after a week I got an email from amazon saying the seller hadn't completed the transaction so they cancelled the order. Then I get an email from the hippo books saying that they weren't able to find it on their shelves and that somebody must have sold it to someone else. Now I'm in the process of trying to get my money back. It's on 6 bucks but it's the principality of it, Smokey.

Reaction score
I am having no luck with finding this at Ross, the closest I came over about 8-10 stores was one that had one each of Rio and Beckett. Not sure if Quay was there and got bought or if those just showed up. Hoping to find this and the red A Wing!

Reaction score
Dang, I was hoping to not have to go Ross hopping this weekend. For 12 I would have bitten, no different than if I had found at Kroger.

Reaction score
I really only want him to go with my Kessel playset. Otherwise I wouldn't care if I found him or not.

Reaction score
I really only want him to go with my Kessel playset. Otherwise I wouldn't care if I found him or not.
I don't have the playset (if they'd packed in a better figure I might have jumped on it for 20) but want him for my kessel "lineup". And also because I cant have him. Mainly that. Wish they would do a beckett figure with the guard disguise too!