Q&A: Have a MM, AF, Titanium or other question?

Reaction score
Given there are none available in current lines, save FFG's X-Wing series (and even that is at least a year or more old), I would say we should expect a secondary market value jump. Anticipating as much, I went ahead and snapped up the FFG ship that I had earlier passed on in favour of canon craft. I managed to grab it fairly cheap, but fully expect it to become more scarce and expensive as interest increases.

Reaction score
Given there are none available in current lines, save FFG's X-Wing series (and even that is at least a year or more old), I would say we should expect a secondary market value jump. Anticipating as much, I went ahead and snapped up the FFG ship that I had earlier passed on in favour of canon craft. I managed to grab it fairly cheap, but fully expect it to become more scarce and expensive as interest increases.
Glad that Titanium and DeAgostini did the TIE Defender too but they've been pricey for quite a while. I'd buy a HW one, if they ever get around to it.

Reaction score
I'm so glad I picked up a Defender when it was new in the TS line! I'm a big fan of the X-wing books so it was a no-brainer despite its relatively non-canon status. Still, good stuff.

Reaction score
Is this the Action Fleet Sith Infiltrator or from another line? The cockpit "windows" should be red but here its black. Plus the wings look rubbery and I don't think there is a hinge. The lot is only $10 but I just want to double check.

Reaction score
I'm sure this is probably a sacrilegious question, but for all the customizers out there, how easy is it to dismantle some of the MM or Action Fleet playsets? I am looking at customizing a Millennium Falcon playset to have walls and corridors, and the like, but before I buy one I'm curious if they are easy to remove screws from?

Any suggestions, or reference photos, would be greatly appreciated :)

Reaction score
Hi BJ, it is easy to dismantle the Action Fleet playsets. You just need the correct size Philip screw drivers to dismantle it. For MM, most of them are molded in one piece. So, you have to cut/saw the piece if you want to customise.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking at selling two Starship Troopers Action Fleet ships - the TAC Fighter and Retrieval Ship. There are a few TAC's on ebay for me to get a rough idea of the price, but no idea on the Retrieval Ship. Any ideas on what they're worth?

Reaction score
I am a member over at Imperial Shipyards, and they had a thread where you could submit in questions for Hasbro at SDCC. My question was asking a possible revival in Action Fleets. Can't say I'm surprised by the answer, but still disappointing.

Q: With the return of Micro Machines, can we see a revival in Action Fleets?

A: Uh.. no plans for it now, no.

At the 9:52 mark if anyone is interested.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/isysdcc2017hasbro.mp3

Reaction score
I can recall finding the Starship Troopers ships at Kaybee Toys at discount. But I don't think one was harder to find than the other at the time.

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New poster, glad to be here (asked a question in the wrong thread the other week and everyone was really nice about it!)...

My question is about the recent Titanium series Death Star; is the plastic superlaser beam removable? (as in, supposed to be removable by design)

- Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi BR and welcome to the forum. If you're a Titanium fan, then this is definitely the "right" spot, and we're always nice, too. :) Well, almost always. ;)
The superlaser beam is not removable but it spins if you turn the the Death Star's equator. I suppose you could chop it off with pliers (it's just translucent plastic) but the result would look kinda weird.

The older versions (regular and "raw metal"/silver) of the Titanium Death Star (based on the Galoob diecast) don't have the exterior superlaser beam but have slots where you can see the green "beam" inside the superlaser dish, when you spin the equator. Youtube has videos, in case you wanna check 'em out.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Yes, I'm definitely a huge Titanium (and Micro Machines!) fan; very glad to have found this forum.

I've seen some Youtube videos of both the new Rogue One Death Star and the older Titanium edition, that's why I wondered if the plastic superlaser was some kind of new attachment on the old mold and if it could pop it on and off.

Now to decide which one I'd rather have...either way it looks like I'll probably be spending some $$! I remember seeing the Rogue One Death Star on the shelves for ~$5, I kick myself for not getting it then!

Reaction score
I'm looking to do yet another Millennium Falcon custom, this one from Solo. Any idea what I can use for the middle attachment between the mandibles? It's been tough trying to do customs because I'm in the process of cleaning up/moving into my first home. This should be a quick custom I could do.

Reaction score
Maybe a funny question, but does anyone know if the classic, original trilogy Micro Machines TIE Fighters (~1990s) fit on the "ramp" in the The Force Awakens First Order Star Destroyer playset?

And how about the newer sculpt of the classic, OT TIE fighter, first released with the TFA Micro Machines stuff? Do those fit on the ramp?

I might the FO Star Destroyer because it's so darn cheap everywhere, but I'll probably display it as some kind of original trilogy-era Imperial Base (not out of any dislike for the new movies, I just have a lot more Imperial ships that need a home hah!)

Thank you!

Reaction score
I can't answer for the Galoob TIE's, but the Hasbro OT TIE's use the same mold as the TFA ones...they're just repainted. So they would fit on the FO Star Destroyer ramp.

Reaction score
Sorry to be dominating this thread! Does anyone have any information on this third "Transforming" The Force Awakens Micro Machines Playset?:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/27072

While the other two TFA transforming playsets (FO Stormtrooper/Jakku and R2-D2/Starkiller base) are dirt common, I dont remember seeing the Kylo Ren one in stores or online.

Was this some kind of online exclusive, or never made it to stores after the first MM playsets tanked at retail? And....anyone know where I could find one? I can't seem to find it anywhere online aside from BigBadToyStore, where it is sold out (and waaayy too expensive, besides).

Thanks!

Reaction score
Not sure why its listed as sold out - it was never released. The other two sets did poorly so that product assortment was cut from the MM line.

Reaction score
:'( Thanks for the info, darth_sidious. I'd figured it had never seen retail, but that maybe it became an online exclusive like other cancelled products have (such as the Bistan/Shoretrooper 2 pk in the 3.75" line).

Well that certainly is disappointing, it looks like it would have been the coolest of the three. With its multiple levels and spaces it's the most like the old Galoob transforming playsets. For my money those old sets were some of the best Star Wars toys of all time...very brilliantly designed. The Jakku and Starkiller base sets are lackluster in comparison, they just fold out into flat landscapes....and have one, lonely minifigure. I wouldn't be picking them up if they weren't at rock bottom clearance.

Maybe these wouldn't have done so poorly if they had more than one figure per set? I know, I know, costs. But to have just one character all alone in an environment...is super weak. Take this set; it should have Rey, Finn, Old Man Solo, and unmasked Kylo Ren at the very least! (could also use Chewie, Phasma and a stormtrooper)

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have some Action Fleet questions I already asked some collectors about, but they couldnt (completely) help:
1.) I have a rebel pilot and a R2 unit. Could you tell me from which sets they came from? The Pilot has "1" printed on base. See the pics. The awesome AF figure list from rebelscale.com says no. 1 is "Rebel Pilot/Gunner (Rogue 2 Snowspeeder)". But my figure isnt white and looks more like the Luke Skywalker figure, as pictured here: http://www.actionfleet.fr/figurine/102 which would then have number "7" (referring to the list).Here are my pics:
https://ibb.co/bvsOcS
https://ibb.co/cWwoBn

2.)
I recently bought the TIE Defender from a US seller, with the figures Moff Jerjerrod (number 168) and a TIE pilot (which should have the number 4, referring to the list). But as you see my TIE pilot doesnt have a number. Does it mean, it is not the right figure to this set?
Here are my pics:
https://ibb.co/j3XpHS
https://ibb.co/mYguj7

Thank you guys!!!! You all helped me a lot before...

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have some Action Fleet questions I already asked some collectors about, but they couldnt (completely) help:
1.) I have a rebel pilot and a R2 unit. Could you tell me from which sets they came from? The Pilot has "1" printed on base. See the pics. The awesome AF figure list from rebelscale.com says no. 1 is "Rebel Pilot/Gunner (Rogue 2 Snowspeeder)". But my figure isnt white and looks more like the Luke Skywalker figure, as pictured here: http://www.actionfleet.fr/figurine/102 which would then have number "7" (referring to the list).Here are my pics:
https://ibb.co/bvsOcS
https://ibb.co/cWwoBn

2.)
I recently bought the TIE Defender from a US seller, with the figures Moff Jerjerrod (number 168) and a TIE pilot (which should have the number 4, referring to the list). But as you see my TIE pilot doesnt have a number. Does it mean, it is not the right figure to this set?
Here are my pics:
https://ibb.co/j3XpHS
https://ibb.co/mYguj7

Thank you guys!!!! You all helped me a lot before...

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
The rebel pilot could be from AF Battle Pack #18 as similar figure has "1" printed on it.

For the TIE pilot, it is the original figure. Some figures do have printed number, some don't. I don't keep listing of all figures (I hope I can do that some day). The only differences are one of them comes with grey gloves and boots while the other comes with black gloves and boots. In my opinion, your TIE pilot is the original figure with the TIE Defender (i.e. grey glove/boots).

Reaction score
does anyone know if they ever released the Kylo Ren / Starkiller base Micro Machines set? I've seen pictures of it but no signs of this for sale on any of the websites or even eBay

Reaction score
Action Fleet question... I found my old items in our basement storage and wondered is there a way to tell if the 1997 re-releases in the 2002 era are the later version?

The ones I have are date-stamped with 1997 (Falcon, Green A-Wing, etc.) but I see them on the checklist for 2002 as well.

Since they haven't seen the light of day for over 10 years I will move them along to other collector homes after I get the mini-figures organized with the proper vehicles. I never had E-Wing or Tie Defender, but the late 2002 releases like Jango's Slave 1 and Gunship are in excellent condition.

Reaction score
Action Fleet question... I found my old items in our basement storage and wondered is there a way to tell if the 1997 re-releases in the 2002 era are the later version?

The ones I have are date-stamped with 1997 (Falcon, Green A-Wing, etc.) but I see them on the checklist for 2002 as well.
Those AF vehicles released in 2002 are repaints with minor mold variation and no figures (SAGA series). Their stand has larger Action Fleet logo. I can't remember if the date-stamp is updated to 2002. But you can refer to this list for photo reference: http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1121757

The vehicles that you have with date-stamped 1997 could be from the earlier version. Hasbro did release/prototype in 2002 with Falcon (without missile), Blue A-wing (cancelled), etc.

Reaction score
Does anyone here remember an Action Fleet site where it had every ship and its variant listed, as well as battle packs, and there was a drop down menu to search. Instead of it saying "search" it said "Punch it!" and the layout was the gray and black packaging the Action Fleet ships came in.

I'm looking for the original 18 battle packs from Galoob to (finally) complete my collection. I remember it had the 18 battle packs and it specifically stated which packs came with an extra figure. I was hoping to make my own list and grab the packs with the extra figures.

Reaction score
Does anyone here remember an Action Fleet site where it had every ship and its variant listed, as well as battle packs, and there was a drop down menu to search. Instead of it saying "search" it said "Punch it!" and the layout was the gray and black packaging the Action Fleet ships came in.

I'm looking for the original 18 battle packs from Galoob to (finally) complete my collection. I remember it had the 18 battle packs and it specifically stated which packs came with an extra figure. I was hoping to make my own list and grab the packs with the extra figures.
GL1, the only site that I recall with black and gray AF layout are www.starwarsactionfleet.com. I think it is no longer active since the passing of the owner. I remembered it did have every variations with pictures plus all the unproduced vehicles listed.

Reaction score
GL1, the only site that I recall with black and gray AF layout are www.starwarsactionfleet.com. I think it is no longer active since the passing of the owner. I remembered it did have every variations with pictures plus all the unproduced vehicles listed.
I had a feeling that was the website. Argh, that's a downer, didn't know he passed.

Reaction score
Reaction score

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at those when I get out of work (sites are blocked). I just happen to remember that site specifically as they had the battle packs listed with an extra figure, not sure about the other sites but I'll definitely take a look.

As for my site? The only site I really have is my YT channel (link in sig) which works. The only other site, although not mine, that I post at is Imperial Shipyards but I really don't visit there anymore.

Come to think of it, I should make my own site. I know there is a site called freewebs. I made my own site years ago for X-wing Alliance. I go by the name Red_Leader there lol. If I do make a site, I don't really need anything fancy if I'm just uploading pictures.

Reaction score
Yep, I was referring to your Shipyards section, Reddish Gold Leader 1. :) Between all of those sites (including yours), pretty much everything I ever needed to know was there, no matter how arcane my question was. But yeah, many AF sites are toast: SWAF and Siqnus had cool sites, too. Darkmatt and Unreality (members here) might be a good source for AF info too. Like you, they know their ****. :)

Reaction score
Just following up, looks like Miniature Empire has the packs listed with the extra figures. I didn't realize they had the battle packs with an extra figure listed twice lol. Awesome, thanks!

Reaction score
Yep, I was referring to your Shipyards section, Reddish Gold Leader 1. :) Between all of those sites (including yours), pretty much everything I ever needed to know was there, no matter how arcane my question was. But yeah, many AF sites are toast: SWAF and Siqnus had cool sites, too. Darkmatt and Unreality (members here) might be a good source for AF info too. Like you, they know their ****. :)
Ohh I know what happened. I had the pics on ISY linked through photobucket. I need to get them back up. I keep telling myself that at least.. lol.

Reaction score
You guys may also want to check this website, run by a French collector: http://www.actionfleet.fr/listeArticles

Although all variants are not listed or pictured, it's a great database for a first approach.

If required, I can also share my Excel spreadsheet where I have all known variants (but we still discover some new ones from time to time - even 20 years later !).

Reaction score
If required, I can also share my Excel spreadsheet where I have all known variants (but we still discover some new ones from time to time - even 20 years later !).
Thanks for sharing. I am keen on the Excel spreadsheet too. I have mine in Word doc.