Q&A: Have a MM, AF, Titanium or other question?

Reaction score
I knew it! Interesting. The extra pilots, do you know if they are just basic Snowspeeder pilots with the gray markings on the helmet, or is one a Luke pilot figure maybe?
The extras in both sets are the same as the individual one each set comes with, so they both have 3 of the same Pilots.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hmmm... Thinking of doing a AF custom of this beauty - which I only just discovered exists (sort of...):

Jason Eaton » Blog Archive » Captain Needa’s Shuttle from The Empire Strikes Back

I love the inverted radial panels on this shuttle, and it looks like (by and large) there's enough evidence of this in SW lore (not that it matters to me, as it's still an interesting design / variation, IMO).

:D
Okay, so had a go at this the other night, with my Action Fleet TIE Bomber - and it turned out reasonably well (when I get a mome, I'll endeavour to upload some photos).

As it turns out, the radial panels are attached to the pylons with little screws - one of which is visible on the radial panel surface (the other is hiddle beneath a covering / greeble, which is glued to the radial panel).

Both can be unscrewed, seperating the radial panels, which can then be reversed and rescrewed onto the TIE pylons (with the panels splaying outwards, instead of inwards). Note: I only discovered the second (hidden screw) after having used a knife and 'pliers' to remove / trim excess plastic (quite a bit of hacking and sawing...), and then realised that the screw was hiddle under the external panel greeble. I then used bolt cutters to cut off excess screw, and superglued it more flush to the radial panel - so my method of seperating the radials lacked what I would describe as customising 'finesse' :p

TL: DR version: I took to my TIE Bomber like a butcher with a cleaver, when it could have been done with more precision and skill - having said that, it turned out all good! :) Still need to do some filing, and painting - but otherwise, a fairly successful custom (IMO).

Reaction score
What??????? There's a TIE variant in the original trilogy that I am completely unaware of????? Holy spinoley, this trilogy just keeps on giving, even thirty years on. I'm stunned. Thanks Smoon!!!!! I can't wait to see what you did with your AF model. :) I may have to try something similar with an extra FFG Bomber mini.

Reaction score
What??????? There's a TIE variant in the original trilogy that I am completely unaware of????? Holy spinoley, this trilogy just keeps on giving, even thirty years on. I'm stunned. Thanks Smoon!!!!! I can't wait to see what you did with your AF model. :) I may have to try something similar with an extra FFG Bomber mini.
I know right! :p Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised by what Jason Eaton and his group of modellers unearthed! I'd definitely recommend having a go at custom.

Once I get my stuff together, I'll take some shots of my AF version.

Reaction score
Looking forward to it! I appreciate any customs of Action Fleets. :grin:

Reaction score
Anyone have a good solution for protecting / displaying MM Epic Collections? Finally completed the set of all 6.

Reaction score
Is there a good reference for close up shots of the characters? I am trying to correctly pair up my vehicles to my figures. Thanks!

Reaction score
Is there a good reference for close up shots of the characters? I am trying to correctly pair up my vehicles to my figures. Thanks!
These excellent fan sites cover all of 'em, The sites were done by folks who visit this forum and the info was very helpful to me when I paired up my figs with their ships. Have fun!

Action Fleet Variations - Rebel Scale (OT and PT listed by figure number/ship, courtesy of Unreality)
Goldleaderone's Visual Guide to Action Fleet (Original Trilogy) (OT list, courtesy of Goldleaderone)
The Miniature Empire: Star Wars Action Fleet, Micro Machines and Titanium Series Collectibles (OT and PT, courtesy of Cloneemperor)
Action Fleet et Micro Machines (OT and PT, courtesy of DonMero)
Star Wars MicroMachines Collection Photos by sergiurusu | Photobucket (OT, courtesy of Sergiu)

Reaction score
Hey Duranium.

Yep, that's the one. Sad that it has more leg articulation than the AF version. All things considered, it wasn't bad for a transforming toy, especially compared to the others.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I figured as much, it looked like some transforming vehicle at first, I just wasn't sure.

Pass lol.

Reaction score
I just found this photo. evidently in addition to the Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker sets there was a Thunderball set planned for release. not sure if anyone has seen prototypes for this set anywhere (and I assume they would be very valuable).

Reaction score
For anyone who has the Falcon MM playset that transforms into Jakku - would the new rectangular dish fit on an Action Fleet Falcon, or would it be too big? I have an extra Falcon that I would like to convert into a The Force Awakens Falcon and the dish is the only piece I'm missing.

Reaction score
^ Nevermind I found out and it fits perfectly! Check it out in the Action Fleet customs thread.

Reaction score
Hi all! I want to buy some small space ships from the new movie for my daughter to play with. I'm thinking either the Hot Wheels diecast vehicles or the Black Series titanium.

The Hot Wheels seem a bit larger, and more playable (with the flight navigator and all). Is this accurate? Are there any recommendations or other brands I should be considering?

Do any of the vehicles have pieces that move? Poe's X-Wing open and close?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi there - it depends on how old she is, as the Titanium line has moving parts, but they are more fragile - not great for young kids, but they do have Poe's X-Wing which opens and closes. The Hot Wheels ships are more bulky, and intended for kids, but dont feature moving parts. The stands are meant to fit on your finger as well, adding play value. There are also Micro Machines, made of plastic, if you want to avoid metal that the other two lines feature. MM are much smaller, so if she is very young, they could be a choking hazard. HW are your best bet in that case.

Reaction score
Essentially, as DS says, it breaks down to this - Titaniums are more detailed and accurate, with moving parts, but can be fragile. The HW are still accurate but bulkier so that they are far more resistant to damage.

Reaction score
I just found this photo. evidently in addition to the Goldfinger, The Spy Who Loved Me, and Moonraker sets there was a Thunderball set planned for release. not sure if anyone has seen prototypes for this set anywhere (and I assume they would be very valuable).

wasn't this part of the larger collector's set of 007? I thought I saw these at a convention in NJ back in November but the pricetag was insane. around $100.00 for the set.

Reaction score
okay so here's a question:

Hasbro decides that the Action Fleet line is going to make a comeback in 2016 with a major reveal at Toy Fair...... what would you like to see in regards to vehicles? here's my top picks: (vehicles can be from all the movies, TV and EU)

1.) Resistance X-Wing (both Blue and Black) (with Poe, Snap and Atsy figures as well as BB-8 and other droids)
2.) First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter (with 4 figures - Poe, Finn, 2 FO Pilots)
3.) Kylo Ren Command Shuttle (with Kylo Ren, 2 FO Stormtroopers)
4.) Resistance Ship (with Princess Leia, PZ and 2 Resistance Troopers)
5.) The Ghost (with Hera, Sabine and Zeb)
6.) The Phantom (With Kanan, Ezra, and Chopper and can be docked with the Ghost)
7.) Inquisitor TIE Advanced (with Inquisitor and 2 Stormtroopers)
8.) Sabine's Artwork TIE Fighter (with Sabine)
9.) Rey's Speeder (with Rey, BB-8, Teedo and the Luggabeast)

Reaction score
So I've been collecting the Titanium Series ships for a few months as toys that my daughter and I play with. I've been looking at the De Agostini line as they have ships I want but aren't available in the Titanium Series line. My question is: do the De Agostini ships come off the base that's supplied with them and do they have any moving parts? I.e., AT-PT's legs/cockpit move similar to Titanium AT-ST? Thanks for the response!

Reaction score
The De Agostini line is definitely a collectible line, nothing that can be used as a toy - they are much too fragile. They can be removed from the case, but you'll need a screwdriver and some patience. If you buy some to keep on a display shelf they are great, but even handling some of them can result in damage. I don't have many, but none of the ones I own have moving parts.

Reaction score
I agree with Lord Sidious. They are fragile but very detailed, often much more than the Titaniums - the ARC-170 is a perfect example. Some are relatively sturdy, but that's the more simple designs, for example the AotC Jedi Starfighter. However be aware that they are not toys, thus the pointy nose is VERY pointy, and metal.

I have the AT-PT and no, its legs do not move. As far I can recall, none of the DA's have moving parts.

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses y'all. It's a shame that there were a bunch of vehicles that didn't get released into the Titanium line. Hopefully, we will see them in this new Black Series line. I'll shelve the idea of buying the De Agostini models for now until my daughter grows out of the playing phase and moves to the "ooh those look cool" display phase.

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the numbers on the lower part of the MM Jedi Starfighter (AotC) mean ?

I have 2 ships from the blind bags Series 2 which have the same number (53061), but the two ships I have from the 3-packs have different number, and the one from the Toys-r-us exclusive giftset doesn't have any. I was guessing it is some kind of production code, but since I only found these codes on the Jedi Starfighter, it intrigues me.

Reaction score
We haven't seen it in any of the packs or blind bags for which images currently exist, but it is possible it may yet appear down the line. Right now the only place it exists is in that big exclusive set.

Reaction score
Spoilers below for anyone not caught up with Rebels and some now canon stuff:

Spoiler:  
Now that Thrawn is canon, I've been seeing that his figure has been going up in price lately. Anyone think that might be the case with the TIE Defender now that its canon as well?