Q&A: Have a MM, AF, Titanium or other question?

Reaction score
Q&A: Have a MM, AF, Titanium or other question?

Since there have been a lot of random questions in this section lately, I decided to create a Q&A thread, If you have a MM, AF, Titanium or other related question, please ask it here - I will do my best to answer it, and if I cant hopefully one of our forum members can.

Reaction score
Re: Q&A: Have a MM, AF, Titanium or other question?

Question:

Re: Who had the AF Yavin playset in white mailer box?

_Jad_ said:
I recall awhile ago someone on the forum talking about an AF Yavin playset that was released in a white mailer box as a catalog-only exclusive through JC Penney. Supposedly it was very limited. I also remember he was really upset because he bought it off of eBay, and the seller had just shipped it in the white box, putting Priority Mail tape all over it. I just tried finding the original thread, but can't seem to locate it.

Is this fellow still around, and can anyone confirm if I have my facts straight on this? Thanks!

Reaction score

I have a question, what is the micro between the xwing and the endor speeder bike?

Reaction score

A Batboat from Batman Forever? That's my guess, PG.

Reaction score

apokai said:
Hi folks!

Same thing? Only packaging is different? Seems so... Galoob ID is 66260.

Anyone got a closeup pic of it, especially, the bridge?

Thx!
Same mold, different package, slight paint variation.

Reaction score

Thk (and sorry for the wrong thread)

Reaction score

Don't have a pic, but I want to say the mold is the same, just the paint apps will be slightly different.

Reaction score

Does anyone know the original price of these Episode 1
Action fleet/Micromachines Items?

-Gian/Theed Sneak Preview playset

-Mini scenes #1 through #4

-Collection packs(vehicles and figures)

Thanks

Reaction score

From what I remember

19.99 -Gian/Theed Sneak Preview playset

9.99 -Mini scenes #1 through #4

6.99 - 7.99 -Collection packs(vehicles and figures)

Reaction score

stormtrooper213 said:
From what I remember

19.99 -Gian/Theed Sneak Preview playset

9.99 -Mini scenes #1 through #4

6.99 - 7.99 -Collection packs(vehicles and figures)

I think that Mini scenes #1 thru #4 may have been less.
They may have been In the $7.99 to $8.99 range..

Reaction score

Where is thread with the listing of the action fleet figures that had the numbers on their feet and to which figure they went too? So I can match up my tie pilots with the right tie craft of my action fleet vehicles.

Reaction score

I can't seem to find the thread, but I have a .doc file here

It still needs a few more, but it's pretty complete.

Reaction score

I noticed some of action fleet figurines didnt have numbers either. I wonder if that was a factory defect or they werent supposed to have numbers at all on them?

Reaction score

They didn't start putting the numbers on until about late '97. So really, it was the last few waves of each line that got the numbers.

Reaction score
E-Wing Question

The Action Fleet E-Wing oftentimes loses the wing cannon from what I've seen but thankfully not experienced... Do these snap back on or are they "broken" when this happens? Also, this may be a stupid question, but are the wing cannon pieces/parts unique to the AF E-Wing or is there an equivalent part from another ship one could use if you are trying to part together a complete ship?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Re: E-Wing Question

The wing cannons are unique. They fit snugly in the wings, but are strangely not glued in. The cannons on mine can be removed fairly easily, and I'm guessing this is why we sometimes see Ewings on Ebay with missing cannons. FYI: They are made of the more vinyl-like plastic (like the X-wing lasers).

Reaction score
Re: E-Wing Question

Yeah guys, my E-Wing came without the right cannons: someone glued some modified AF X-Wing cannons on. I knew this beforehand.
Well, at least it was cheap!

Speaking of Action Fleet, came across a pic of Efx's X-Wing proto from SDCC: very similar to the Action Fleet Alpha Series X-Wing.
Damn, that's nice! McQuarrie is da shizzle.

Diamond Select also showed what looks like an AF-sized Slave I... looks nice, too.

BTW, I saw the new Hallmark Slave I in person yesterday... it was very tempting, much nicer than the earlier diecast Jango one. I passed due to the price... for now, anyways.
If it had lights, I wouldn't have been able to resist.

Reaction score
Titanium Jango Fett---

Titanium Jango Fett

I actually found one of these today-- but since there arent any on ebay, and I know it was in the lost last wave-- (and its actually not in many of the collectors guides)-- anyone know the street value on this

I usually open all my stuff- but since I figure this ones a little rarer (for a line that no one wants) ..Id figure I should hold off before opening this one...

Reaction score
Re: Titanium Jango Fett---

I second stewbacca's question. I found one a few years back (the pic link has been in my sig for years), and wonder often what the current value holds at.

I know about 3 years ago, I saw a few sell anywhere from $80 to almost $300 on ebay, but haven't seen any listed in almost that many years.

Anybody with info on the street value, or ballpark production numbers for this (really want to know how many made it out of China, lol), please respond.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Re: AF & VIntage Micros

Noob question (since I'm a 3.75" collector), but what is the size difference between the Micro Machine line and the vintage Micro Collection. I have a small vintage collection from my youth and if the AF/MM line is similar in size, I'd start getting some OT AF/MM pieces to add to the collection.

Reaction score
Hey RP,
I only have the Micro Collection X-Wing and TIE Fighter: they're both slightly larger than the Action Fleet versions but the scale's pretty close. Can post a comparison pic for you, if you need more.
Technically, Action Fleet and Titanium Series are part of the Micro Machines line but most regular MMs are usually much smaller, about 2 inches long. Titanium Ultra ships are the same size as Action Fleet but regular Titaniums are smaller, about 3.5" long. Hope that helps.
Sorry, don't know anything about the scale of the Micro Collection playsets versus the other lines.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I asked them in a recent Q&A about their electronic ships - they said they're progressing nicely, and they didn't show them off at the most recent Toy Fair/s because it's a waste of time getting the prototypes sent to the US, then back to China.

Reaction score
I would really like to have a Klingon Bird of Prey in a larger and better scale than Micromachines, Strike Force or Hotwheels

Reaction score
hopefully someone may help me,
In moving my collection, I have lost a missle for my Micro machines transforming MTT/ naboo battlefield playset. Does anyone have an extra they are willing to part with?

Thanks,
Jim

Reaction score
A few are. What you have is an amalgam of spaceships from Wars,Trek, Babylon5,Batman,Alien,etc. combined with other similar sized vehicles (like an AMT model TF Landing Ship and the Hallmark Droid Control Ship). I did spot a few customs like the TIE Defender (left) and the other small TIE Fighter-esque thing (bottom right). The resolution is so bad that it's kinda hard to tell (I'm even going cross-eyed a bit now), but there are probably more customs.

Reaction score
I see a Mon Remonda, Hapes Cruiser, Tafanda Bay, Caretaker's Array... drool. So much goodness, so little cash. The Mother of MM Auctions, eh?

Reaction score
All the legit MM are easy to ID, its the customs and non-MM that kept me guessing. Its not an auction BTW - the pic is of someones collection.

Reaction score
Help needed with Galoob sets.

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this. Mods, please move it if it isnt.

I bought a few totes of random Star Wars stuff and amongst the stuff were these Galoob sets (they are loose). All the miniatures are in one box, I want to match all the right ones up. The photo archive does have close pictures of the miniatures, can anyone help me get better pictures of the miniatures?

Rebelscum.com; Star Wars Toy News Archive

and whats the gun handle behind chewbacca look like in this one?

Thanks for any help

Phil

Last edited:
Reaction score
A question for guys who collect AF and MM PLAYSETS:

Are there any vehicles from the AF or MM playsets that would be suitable for a Titanium-sized collection?
I was looking at pics of a Coruscant landing platform and some Galactic Senate pods and I thought they looked too small for Titanium.
I figure that the Hoth Troop Cart will be fine, but are there any other playset vehicles I could consider?

Reaction score
The Troop cart is really the only playset exclusive "vehicle" that would fit a titanium display. However, the Galoob Ep. I podracer "racers" would do nicely if you want a podracer display section. These are die-cast with little wheels designed for "racing" tracks. I bought one when they came out, but never got into the whole "racing" thing. They are bigger than MM and almost to size with the Titanium racers.

There's also the TOMY series, which I can't remember if we talked about or not. They are perfect for titanium look-a-likes. They are MM style vinyl-plastic with very sharp details and nice weathering already applied.

Also, there was the short-lived Micro Series in 2005, consisting of OT or RotS vehicles. The OT vehicles looked like painted Galoob X-ray fleet (titanium size). The RotS stuff varied, but most of it was good. The BARC speeder especially looked nice (which I used for this custom).

Considering your DA collection coupled with your titaniums & WotC stuff, there's not much that you haven't covered. Pretty much what's lacking is what no one has released (like a SPHA-T)...for which we mourn with you. :'(

Cheers