Prototypes or first shots

Reaction score
Vin3po

Sorry for not responding sooner but yes the estate sale the person son said that a personal friend of theirs used to come down once or twice a year and he worked for Kenner and would bring him action figures every time he would come down I do plan on selling them I’m just trying to find a fair value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What do you mean? Why not auction them off?
Yes that’s what I’m probably going to do I was just trying to find a good starting price without going too high or too low and not getting what they’re actually worth and I just picked up these three with no COO not worth as much but still pretty cool nien nunb I believe is a Lili Ledy

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found it,$7,500 is definitely a lot higher than I was expecting! I'd guess $1,500-2k for this guy? K

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these questions . I actually dug through all my figures and found a couple of no COOs

Reaction score
I only put one up for now

Looks like you've only made these available to US buyers so there will be many people on here that won't be able to find them.

I'm a little out of touch with recent prices and I'm not sure which one you've listed but for regular undated first shots I'd guess you'd be looking at around $2.5k. Maybe some focus collectors might pay above that on a good day but I think you'd be very lucky to get anywhere near $7.5k.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting these questions . I actually dug through all my figures and found a couple of no COOs
Big difference between no COO and no copyright. No COO figures are also fairly common and don't necessarily mean anything interesting or even foreign.

Also on a separate note it's worth mentioning that some ROTJ figure first shots have unproduced copyright marking that can't be found on production figures. If I had a batch of figures that included undated first shots I'd be checking for these too. Off the top of my head Leia poncho, Wicket, B-Wing Pilot and Pruneface. Most have slightly different colours to production figures but the differences aren't that obvious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Prices of first shots are way down right now, especially for ones that are similar to production figures. A first shot Hammerhead didn’t even sell on eBay for $2,499 and that was a 6k piece a year ago. Sell them for whatever you like, but I don’t think they are going to move for more than 3k.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like you've only made these available to US buyers so there will be many people on here that won't be able to find them.

I'm a little out of touch with recent prices and I'm not sure which one you've listed but for regular undated first shots I'd guess you'd be looking at around $2.5k. Maybe some focus collectors might pay above that on a good day but I think you'd be very lucky to get anywhere near $7.5k.
I have it listed with international shipping/through global shipping so I’m not too sure why you can’t see it and as for the price I said it based on what other people are asking and if it doesn’t sell not really a big deal I just sent off more figures to get graded

Reaction score
Big difference between no COO and no copyright. No COO figures are also fairly common and don't necessarily mean anything interesting or even foreign.

Also on a separate note it's worth mentioning that some ROTJ figure first shots have unproduced copyright marking that can't be found on production figures. If I had a batch of figures that included undated first shots I'd be checking for these too. Off the top of my head Leia poncho, Wicket, B-Wing Pilot and Pruneface. Most have slightly different colours to production figures but the differences aren't that obvious.
Do you have any more details on the production figures at our first shots that may identify them the lot that I bought had 72 figures with it maybe somewhere where I can read up on it and do some research

Reaction score
The 4 figures i mentioned above are the ones i'm aware of. There maybe 1 or 2 others though. Look for a Hong Kong or HK COO on these.

Reaction score
Here are some photos of two of the Luke farm boys out of the collection notice the one on the right some of the photos show where it looks like someone took a razor knife to trim down the excess it doesn’t appear to be sonic welded and the legs have two different paint colors and the pain seems to be more of a matte finish what y’all‘s thoughts The one in question is the one with the brownish orange shirt

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow that looks like some of the most extreme discolouration I’ve ever seen on a LFB.

Reaction score
Here’s a storm trooper with what appears to be a 2 molded into the foot

Reaction score
Not sure if this yoda is anything special but it has a scarred COO

Reaction score
I have it listed with international shipping/through global shipping so I’m not too sure why you can’t see it and as for the price I said it based on what other people are asking and if it doesn’t sell not really a big deal I just sent off more figures to get graded

People who send loose figures to AFA / CAS, then put the graded figures on Ebay (soon there after) for resell are doing so for some kind of ROI ( at least 98% of the time). There is a smaller % of people who just send off loose figures to get graded, because they want them incased in acrylic since it can look cool (cannot touch the figure), and helps preserve it's condition. It could be 20-40 years later, a family member gets a hold of this graded figure, and sells it = so to the second owner it was about selling it/ liquidating, to then get a monetary return.

Reaction score
I think Steve Dwyer might know a bit about these. I seem to recall him saying these mold markings may have been on some first shots and early production figures. I don’t think people pay any sort of premium for these though but then again I’m a little out of touch with such things.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately that thread isn’t very informative and is full of egos and keyboard warriors arguing. It does suggest they are more common than realised though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately that thread isn’t very informative and is full of egos and keyboard warriors arguing. It does suggest they are more common than realised though.
:D Yeah, forgot to mention it also provides a good example of a typical fun loving friendly Rebelscum thread from a couple of years ago.

Reaction score
Thank you all I hope someone finds the answer for the stormtroopers

Reaction score
Like I said, these are most likely mold markings found on some first shots and early production figures.

It sounds like they’re reasonably common and unlikely to command any sort of premium.